The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2011 entrée: Luis De Matos » » Gary Ouellet » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Grammar Host
WV, USA
1651 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Luis,

Gary Ouellet spoiled me. I grew up watching all of the TV specials that had his name listed in the credits, and I don't know anyone who's done it better. Whether through trial and error or intuitiveness, he seemed to know what the audience wanted and how to give it to them. He made everyone look good.
Other performers have said how much he taught them. I know you worked with him and were his friend. Would you mind sharing a few thoughts on his influence?

Thank you
Michael J.
“Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.” --from Shakespeare’s ‘As You Like It’
Luis de Matos
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portugal
76 Posts

Profile of Luis de Matos
Back in the 2002 I wrote:

"Directly or indirectly Gary influenced the life of more people than many would realise. Gary was a gift. So many talents, so much knowledge. A great magician, director, producer, composer, writer and designer but above all, Gary was a great man. He will always live in the hearts of those who really knew who he was. Let us always deserve the respect he had for us."

Thanks for raising up his name.

My complete text and many others can be found here...
http://www.camirandmagic.com/en_gary_inmemo.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2011 entrée: Luis De Matos » » Gary Ouellet » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.028059 seconds, requiring 14 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [9] [8] [1] [8] [1] [3] [5]