We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fearson's Intuition System (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
westo
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
344 Posts

Profile of westo
This looks interesting, I just ordered it.
http://www.emagicsupply.com/index.php?ma......s_id=212
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek' and 'The Westo Dump'
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3594 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I was just checking this out as well.

Off on holiday this weekend though so I'll wait a little.

Be nice to hear what you think of it Westo

steve
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
4002 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Steve, if you're on the board (not steveline but Fearson Smile ) Does this rouine need a deck of card or can we use anyzthing else like business card?
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
This reminds me vaguely of a principle Fearson has used before. *ne *he*d principle, because it requires you to first ask them to choose a card to predict.

My flash players down right now so I can't see the video to check if I'm wrong or not. Still, it looks like an interesting piece. It's a brilliant name.
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
Dompa
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
251 Posts

Profile of Dompa
DekEl, in the video he tells us that he uses none of the traditional mentalism techniques in particular the *ne *he*d principle.
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Thanks Dompa. Smile As I said, an interesting piece.
Dompa
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
251 Posts

Profile of Dompa
For sure!
westo
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
344 Posts

Profile of westo
Not dispatched till the 11th, As I'm in the UK some of you will get this first,
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek' and 'The Westo Dump'
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1110 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
I also ordered it pre-release. One thing about this site is that the delivery is very prompt (My experience anyway). Looking forward to learning the method - he also states that it can be used to predict any number between 1 - 50. Last time I did that was with my trusty N""" W""""".
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
The predicting of a number between 1-50 is a bonus routine so not sure if it's going to be as straight forward as the other predictions,if it was surely it would have just been included or maybe the main selling point.

Luke
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
4002 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Yeah, zhe prediction between 1-50 doesn't use the gimmick.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
When I read the print, I didn't get the impression that it revealed any number from 1 to 50, if you get my drift, although I might be wrong.
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1870 Posts

Profile of markthorold
From watching the video the dirty appears to happen @ 1:01 and looks very much like a traditional method in my honest opinion .If the ad states otherwise I'd question it.
Regards Mark
E.O.I
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
1160 Posts

Profile of NeilS
This looks good but, as Parmenion, was wondering, could you use business cards rather than playing cards?
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1870 Posts

Profile of markthorold
I think the surface are used to mask method would be too small on a business card .
Mark
E.O.I
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1110 Posts

My order was dispatched on Monday 11th. Delivery is normally very prompt with MSupply. Will post an opinion when I get.
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Quote:
On 2011-07-11 12:32, markthorold wrote:
From watching the video the dirty appears to happen @ 1:01 and looks very much like a traditional method in my honest opinion .If the ad states otherwise I'd question it.
Regards Mark

I agree. It just looks like a multiple out system. Frankly I'd rather use Christopher Dee's 50-20; it's impromptu.
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
540 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
Quote:
On 2011-07-13 18:23, DekEl wrote:

I agree. It just looks like a multiple out system. Frankly I'd rather use Christopher Dee's 50-20; it's impromptu.

I've just received this. It's a new method. The ad speaks the truth. No multiple outs, 100% accuracy.

In my opinion this is huge, it could be applied is so many ways I literally got goosebumps when I watched the instructions.

DD
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
I'm surprised. Especially that he would apply it mostly to selections with only two options if it wasn't an out system. Regardless, thanks for the note. Might have to check this out eventually.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1135 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Quote:
On 2011-07-15 17:59, Don Dasher wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-13 18:23, DekEl wrote:

I've just received this. It's a new method. The ad speaks the truth. No multiple outs, 100% accuracy.

In my opinion this is huge, it could be applied is so many ways I literally got goosebumps when I watched the instructions.

DD
No multiple outs, 100% accuracy. So you say there is not more than one card that is written on?
TELEFOTO EXTREME E-BOOK - - - - - IS OUT NOW!!!

WWW.MIRACLEMINDFX.COM

Presentation is everything!!! Best wishes from the Netherlands! (Sorry for my poor English)
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
540 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
Quote:
No multiple outs, 100% accuracy. So you say there is not more than one card that is written on?
[/quote]

No, only one card is used. It's new. And it's brilliant.

I purchase mostly everything Fearson comes out with. This is by far the most fantastic thing he's produced since the floating cigarette. I've been playing with this all evening.

DD
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
1979 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Both the video and the description make it seem like he's simply come up with a playing card-compatible version of an established principle that usually wouldn't work with playing cards, but is typically used with business cards, post cards and other things -- which, incidentally, are far more natural, congruent and believable for this purpose than playing cards. I mean, if you're writing a prediction of what someone is about to say, why on earth would you use a playing card rather than on a notepad, business card, or random scrap of paper? Because you're a magician, and you therefore suffer from an unfortunate mental condition that compels you to use playing cards for every slightly conceivable function, from a surrogate notepad to a flyswatter to toilet paper?

Anyway, if it actually is something more than an eXpertly adapted rehash of a known principle to a new writing surface, someone please let us know. And if that's the case, then let me repeat the obvious question: can it be used with something more congruent than playing cards, i.e. a writing surface that a normal person who isn't afflicted with a debilitating playing card obsession might use?
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1110 Posts

Who says the age old debate of "Playing Cards" & Mentalism is no longer relevant!!
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Quote:
On 2011-07-16 05:19, Quinn wrote:
Both the video and the description make it seem like he's simply come up with a playing card-compatible version of an established principle that usually wouldn't work with playing cards, but is typically used with business cards, post cards and other things -- which, incidentally, are far more natural, congruent and believable for this purpose than playing cards. I mean, if you're writing a prediction of what someone is about to say, why on earth would you use a playing card rather than on a notepad, business card, or random scrap of paper? Because you're a magician, and you therefore suffer from an unfortunate mental condition that compels you to use playing cards for every slightly conceivable function, from a surrogate notepad to a flyswatter to toilet paper?

Anyway, if it actually is something more than an eXpertly adapted rehash of a known principle to a new writing surface, someone please let us know. And if that's the case, then let me repeat the obvious question: can it be used with something more congruent than playing cards, i.e. a writing surface that a normal person who isn't afflicted with a debilitating playing card obsession might use?

That's what I thought when watching it:

'There's no way on earth I'm going to go through a deck of cards every time I perform a prediction effect.'

The one major question I have, is if it doesn't need multiple cards, then why use a whole deck in the demonstration and make it look like your doing a f*ls* d**l?
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4142 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Bought one, but It hasn't arrived. Has it been released? Anyone got theirs yet?
Just Published! THE DALU CASKET...complete building plans for the world's smallest Blade Box. Available direct. pix on my FB page, and at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgkx11ipetn9j07/CASKET_BACK_COVER.jpg
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
2190 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Interesting
Cold Reading & Mentalism ebooks from The Cold Reading Company - 3 FREE EBOOKS when you sign up to the mailing list!

The Cold Reading Company
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1110 Posts

I got mine well over a week ago. It is an excellent method for somebody new to performing/creating. If you just buy the "Effect" and follow the script, well either you are new to Magic/Mentalism or you are just part of the Mr/Mrs Curious Brigade that just wants to know "How's it done". I do believe though if you add you own style/twist to the method, it could serve you well as part of a lead in to a bigger effect at your next show. I can confirm that there are no Multiple cards.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4142 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Quick service! Just got my email that it has been shipped.
Just Published! THE DALU CASKET...complete building plans for the world's smallest Blade Box. Available direct. pix on my FB page, and at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgkx11ipetn9j07/CASKET_BACK_COVER.jpg
blsorg
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston WV
146 Posts

Profile of blsorg
-----------------------------------------
"markthorold- I think the surface are used to mask method would be too small on a business card .
Mark"
-----------------------------------------

If that's the case, I wonder if it could be done with a small notepad instead of a playing card. This looks good, but using a playing card is the 'weak point' in it, at least for me. I will order this if you don't have to use playing cards. Anybody have a clue?
- Time flies like an arrow; Fruit flies like a banana! -
http://www.WVmagic.net
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1110 Posts

No, you couldn't use a note pad. I don't understand the big "Hang up" on the playing cards, a little creative thinking can overcome this easily & turn it into an advantage!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fearson's Intuition System (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.342021 seconds, requiring 114 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [8] [0] [4] [0] [8] [8] [9]