The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Dynamo Magician Impossible Lighter Trick (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

truerserenity
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of truerserenity
Hi

Did any of you watch the first show of Dynamos Magician Impossible series on the Watch Channel?

I ask as he did a trick where a man clenched his fist and when Dynamo ran a ighter under his
wifes hand the man said he felt the heat in his hand and that it got hotter.

On a facebook group someone said that he had used something called Hot Heat a chemical that makes
foil get hot and that the fact the guy had a piece of foil in his fist was just edited out.

Anyone got any thoughts on this and if indeed this is what occured where can this chemical be sourced from?

Many thanks

William
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
825 Posts

Profile of boydy
Perhaps he just imagined that it got hot.
"There are no limitations except those we set up in our own minds" Napoleon Hill
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Check out hypo heat

You will find your answer there.

R
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
841 Posts

Profile of gitty
Rus,

what is HYPO HEAT
Couldn't find anything with that name?

Thanks,
Walther
WALTHER
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
841 Posts

Profile of gitty
Ah HYPNO HEAT ... but I didn't see that the man hold something in his palm?
WALTHER
chris young
View Profile
New user
Greatstone, Kent, England
12 Posts

Profile of chris young
Hi does anyone know where I can get the mobile in a glass bottle from, I have see criss angel do the ttrick before but where can you buy it.
morgandollarman
View Profile
Regular user
England
176 Posts

Profile of morgandollarman
Been watching some of these on catch up and I have gotten a few ideas from these.Glad to see a fellow Englishman get a good show going.

Seen dynamo a few times at blackpool convention ,good luck to him he deserves it.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Only problem with hypno heat is it's bloody dangerous stuff when you check out the chemical used.

R
Khal
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Khal
Quote:
On 2011-07-20 19:10, chris young wrote:
Hi does anyone know where I can get the mobile in a glass bottle from, I have see criss angel do the ttrick before but where can you buy it.

You can't. I'm not sure if I can say why on here but you won't be able to do it.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Stitch up effect that's why.

R
Dazz
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Dazz
After putting some thought into the method of his mobile in a bottle effect I think I managed to unravel the entire method, but IMO it can only be done by someone in Dynamo's/Criss Angels particular circumstances (ie film crew, ability to cut out certain parts and funding). I don't think any stooges were used, but parts left out would have made the method obvious on tv.
Khal
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Khal
Quote:
On 2011-07-29 14:49, 7sinzz wrote:
After putting some thought into the method of his mobile in a bottle effect I think I managed to unravel the entire method, but IMO it can only be done by someone in Dynamo's/Criss Angels particular circumstances (ie film crew, ability to cut out certain parts and funding). I don't think any stooges were used, but parts left out would have made the method obvious on tv.

With Dynamo he does an effect where he changes the name and signature on his bank card to the participants name and signature then guesses his pin number. These were done on the same guy who he performed the phone in a bottle trick with. When you combine these effects it looks like either he planned the whole thing out beforehand with help of someone very close to the participant or it was a stooge. I like Dynamo btw this isn't a criticism I have no problem with a little stooge usage on TV.
Dazz
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Dazz
I personally believe there are ways to achieve dynamos effects without using stooges. I just think the viewers at home see an entirely different effect to the one the live spectators are viewing, using video editing. Cut out some bits here n there. How is a specs phone in a bottle? Did he obtain it during an earlier effect? People are quick to assume stooges but give these people some credit. There are other options. that's just 1 example... maybe I'm just in denial these tv magi would use stoogage.
dukun
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of dukun
I think he use sto*ge instead..
flymypretty
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of flymypretty
I do chuckle when I see people wanting to do the phone in bottle! If you watch it back a few times you should see the method but as Khal says, you probably won't be able to do it. You certainly cannot get it from a magic supplier.
Paul Reed
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Paul Reed
Yeah the method is still only half of the story. Still I do enjoy watching and trying to follow the techniques!

For those who are interested Alakazam have a page of effects used on the show:
http://www.alakazam.co.uk/category-Dynamo-Magic.html
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
353 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
No stooges were used
frankfarrell
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of frankfarrell
30 years ago (where did the years go?!) I used to buy something from a joke/magic shops called pharaoh's serpent. This could be used with some foil from a cigarette packet to create heat. Then they stopped supplying it. I asked the guy in the trick shop and he said it was becasue the chemical was cancerous! I just Googled this and found this on Wiki:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury%28II%29_thiocyanate
magicman6(sic)6
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of magicman6(sic)6
Couldn't you just use waking hypnosis??? I do that all the time, No chemicals....

T.R.I.P. Artist Ent.
Facebook.com/tripartistent
Soundcloud.com/iammagik
MerlinCrow
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
56 Posts

Profile of MerlinCrow
Personally I think it is a psychological effect based on the mirror neuron fact.
If your interested check out this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_neuron

Merlin
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1033 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Quote:
On 2012-09-05 03:31, MerlinCrow wrote:
Personally I think it is a psychological effect based on the mirror neuron fact.
If your interested check out this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_neuron

Merlin

Ah, Guessapedia. Interesting, but unlikely to be the MO here. Hypno Heat is the right answer I believe. I thought they'd brought out a new, non-dangerous version.
MerlinCrow
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
56 Posts

Profile of MerlinCrow
Lol, that's a funny one, Guessapedia...
I am personally not a gimmick man so you are probably right.
I know we are discussing dynamo here, but don't underestimate,
the psychological effect described in the article.

Merlin
thatmatt
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of thatmatt
I tend to agree with the people who said that Dynamo doesn't use stooges. While video editing may change the effect a little from what the live spectators see to what the people at home watch, I have a feeling that the tricks have some other explanations than montage alone.

As for a chemical called "Hot Heat", I have never heard of it... and apparently neither have Google and Yahoo!.
erickspades
View Profile
New user
Puerto Rico
4 Posts

Profile of erickspades
Dynamo use stooges, Criss Angel and all magician have TV show use stooges. People like liar and make this people big.
Onewonder
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Onewonder
Dynamo is an incredible magician, but he does use stooges. TV magic will always be edited, its just the way it works. But by far he is a better presenter and performer than Criss Angel and Dynamos sleight of hand is off the hook, he is very good misdirection and sleights.
zentao
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of zentao
There is an effect called 'Heat', available from mapromagic.co.uk that does what hypno heat used to do. I have it and it is effective. Just be careful. I trialled it with one of my mates when I first got it, we had had a few to drink and as it got hot he went the macho route of holding onto it for as long as he could. Consequence, he did actually burn his hand. Not a problem as he was a mate but if this had been the general public...
de rome
View Profile
New user
UK/NORWAY
61 Posts

Profile of de rome
Im just letting you know on this Thread as I don't know how or why but Ive missed it,

That DYNAMO used my HEAT/HOTSPOT to get this effect, the show was edited like hell, and the MAN DID HAVE the foil in his hand, If you look right at the point it got too hot, he did DYNAMO a big favor and threw it away,
When he was told by DYNAMO to relax his grip, this let the air into the hand and the reaction to happen quicker.

for more info on HEAT, There are other threads on the Café with loads of posts, or you can click on the banner on the Magic Café opening page,... It is the BANNER with the FIRE and HAND that says HEAT,

or to see more and to order click on this link www.cdrmagic.com/heat.html

This is the safest one you will ever get to use, But its a chemical and please remember NO chemical is 100% SAFE,
and I also offer to EVERYONE a full 7 day money back guarantee, buy it, try it,
and IF for any reason you do not like it, or think you can not use it... just send it back and I Will refund you,
Payment is easy by PayPal, and its only £28 per bottle that's about $43,
and 1 bottle will last you for HUNDREDS of performances. I Hope this answers some of your questions for now

OH YES, and you have to be OVER 18 to buy this from me, PLUS please remember not to perform this effect on children.
as I have only ever had ONE bottle returned under my guarantee from a UK magician that said, "Im sending this back as I only do childrens shows, and I have decided that I can not find a place in my shows to use it"....Bloody IDIOT
you will never find a better quality HEAT / HOTSPOT as mine anywhere else, ITS REALLY GOOD... here is a link to the effect
http://www.cdrmagic.com/heat.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Dynamo Magician Impossible Lighter Trick (3 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.151562 seconds, requiring 78 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [8] [9] [8] [0] [3] [2] [7]