The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Vent mask ripped off ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
Quote:
On 2011-07-22 12:46, Servante wrote:
-Philip

It might be except I'm still waiting to find out who's going to sue me because I stand and hold my figure.
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html



"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1631 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Quote:
On 2011-07-22 13:16, Howie Diddot wrote:
Tom’s post pointed out that Ronn did not invent the masks, but Ronn paid for the rights and now I just found out that Joel Hodgson was the inventor, why hasn’t Joel been paid by anyone else using a mask?


Buzz -
I never said Ronn PAID for the rights. (Although people assume he purchased them outright.) I also never said Joel INVENTED the mask. I said Joel invented the VERSION Ronn used. Major difference.

Contact Ronn and offer to purchase the rights for the mask. See what happens. Contact Joel and ask him exactly what the agreement was between he and Ronn. Ask Joel what rights, if any, he maintained. You assume way too much there Buzz.

After Terry made the announcement in 2008, I contacted him about it. An interesting conversation by e-mail that will remain personal. I'm done here Buzz, you seem not to understand the points I made and I'm not sure how I can clarify them further.

Tom
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3255 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-07-22 13:53, tacrowl wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-22 13:16, Howie Diddot wrote:
Tom’s post pointed out that Ronn did not invent the masks, but Ronn paid for the rights and now I just found out that Joel Hodgson was the inventor, why hasn’t Joel been paid by anyone else using a mask?


Buzz -
I never said Ronn PAID for the rights. (Although people assume he purchased them outright.) I also never said Joel INVENTED the mask. I said Joel invented the VERSION Ronn used. Major difference.

Contact Ronn and offer to purchase the rights for the mask. See what happens. Contact Joel and ask him exactly what the agreement was between he and Ronn. Ask Joel what rights, if any, he maintained. You assume way too much there Buzz.

After Terry made the announcement in 2008, I contacted him about it. An interesting conversation by e-mail that will remain personal. I'm done here Buzz, you seem not to understand the points I made and I'm not sure how I can clarify them further.

Tom


I was not clear enough in my post, I should have written I have read in another internet post, not on the Café that Ronn Lucas paid the inventor of the mask Joel Hodgson for the rights to use the mask.

I understand the points clearly, I am not assuming anything, with every post I am learning more; I am asking more questions to fully understand the facts
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
Oops! In my last post, I meant to quote Philip saying "Isn't this fun?", but instead just quoted his name - oh well!
You know the more I think about it, can someone sue me for standing and holding a figure, or for doing a routine where I stand and hold a figure?
Or maybe both.
The first person to stand and hold a figure could sue, and the first person to do a routine standing and holding a figure could sue - they might not necessarily be the same person.
Could be an interesting correlation there.
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html



"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
Tom, I think Buzz is just trying to untie a Gordian knot and engaging in a little conversation in order to learn.

-Philip
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1631 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Dang - I bit. Okay Buzz. I'm glad you are learning. But everything I say is based on conversations I have had with others. Everything others say is based on their conversations with others. All of it, tinted with our interpretations and thoughts.

A long time back, when we were discussing performance rights and about asking permissions, someone brought up a performer who they thought stole a routine. I pointed out that the performer personally knew the person they supposedly stole the routine from. We have no idea if the two developed it together, if one gave the other permssion, or what. Unless you know the back story and talk to one of the people involved, you just don't know.

So - if you have questions about the legality of it all - personally contact Ronn and Joel. You can find them - its not that hard. Get the story directly from them. THEN, you will know.

Servante & Blueshawk1 - I'm starting to find myself wishing I was two decades in the future! ;-)
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
No, stick around, Tom. We may be able to get you some money for inventing standing and holding your figure. For one thing, Blue's gonna owe ya somethin'. Smile

-Philip
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
Remember: Buzz is new to all of this. It's actually made me think a little about the history. I had to go look up Russell's innovation.

-Philip
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1631 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Quote:
On 2011-07-22 14:14, Servante wrote:
No, stick around, Tom. We may be able to get you some money for inventing standing and holding your figure. For one thing, Blue's gonna owe ya somethin'. Smile

-Philip


I didn't invent that - I invented walking onto a stage. Before that, everyone just stepped out. I'm certain no one here would steal that without paying the licensing fee because I am such a nice guy! Smile
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
The check's in the mail, Tom.

-Philip
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
Hey, wait a minute! I've been doing this since I was four years old, and I'm ancient! You might owe ME money! Smile

-Philip
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
Just got a telegram from The Lone Ranger. He says he invented the mask.

-Philip
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3255 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
A telegram.... is that like tell a woman????

very old joke, who do I owe for telling that one?
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
You owe Tony Pastor a couple of bucks, I think.

-Philip
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3255 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-07-22 14:11, tacrowl wrote:
Dang - I bit. Okay Buzz. I'm glad you are learning. But everything I say is based on conversations I have had with others. Everything others say is based on their conversations with others. All of it, tinted with our interpretations and thoughts.



Tom.

Thanks for understanding.

I will not contact Ronn only because I don’t want to start a process that may have him decide he again needs to protect his “rights”.

Like Las Vegas “ what is said here stays here”. But you are exactly the guy to answer my questions about this since as you say, you have had many conversations.

About Ronn not threatening anyone about using a mask, I AM NOW ASSUMING by my own deductions and nothing anyone has said to me; that the first time he did have his attorney write a letter he was so badly injured by the impression that he was attempting to bully Bill, he decided it was not worth his reputation to continue to defend it.

My ASSUMPTION ONLY
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1631 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Philip -
Although you have been doing it since the age of four, I obtained the idea by agreeing to give a dollar to Ken Groves who, using parallel thinking claimed to have developed the concept in an elevator based on a poster that was plastered against the wall. I never gave Ken the dollar but people assume I did and their belief is all that matters. I did popularize it on the Internet by placing a video of me walking on stage in the early 90's. Since you never thought to create this trail AND you did not make it popular, I therefore claim all rights. My attorney, who is busy on an important case will be in touch as soon as I can reach him.

;)
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3255 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Tom, it sounds fair to me, Philip pay up, I have not walked on a stage yet, so I need not pay, but I will find someway around it when the time comes
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
Buzz--I recommend either diving or driving onstage.

Tom--The check's in the mail. It may take awhile as I simply put your profile picture on the envelope as an address.

-Philip
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3255 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Philip;

The way I feel some mornings, crawling on a stage is best; then climbing up my super secret figure stage that I will not advertise for fear of someone duplicating it and grasping Dan to start my original routine that I will not advertise for fear of someone duplicating it and I will start my show

I don’t even allow the little children to repeat my line as they laugh hysterically at my funny jokes and comments
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
Should probably dose 'em with some sort of amnesia drug before they leave.

(Hey, this reminds me...what'd you think of "10,000 Jokes, Toasts and Stories?")

-Philip
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Vent mask ripped off ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL