The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jay Sankey's Slyder (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
Don't judge a book by it's cover . . . ;-)
It would really be quite tragic
if the world had to do without magic!
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Hey guys,
Jay and others say that you will need to make an adjustment at home for this. Is this something I can do while aways and not able to attain items easily. For example, if I needed some Super Glue (not for this of course!), I can't go to the local ACE store and pick it up. I would have to order it and wait weeks...

I tried e-mailing Jay, but didn't get a response back. Our e-mail sometimes gets screwy. I am sure they didn't see it, or something.

I just thought I would ask on here as well.

As far as a lot of people not liking the idea of this, it is their right to not like it. For me; I have no issues with Jay bringing to the present effects from the past. And for Roy to assist in this says it is of good quality. Yes, I know it is a paperclip so please don't remind me.

How many "Sponge Balls" Dvd's, packages have come out since their "invention"?
How many silk changing routines, devices, ect.?

I just ordered Tarbell 1-3. I bet I will find some stuff in there that has been sold as something "new" recently. I am excited to see what gems I can find in these.

Anyone want to buy my new invention: "The Phantom of the Card". You will change a white backed card to a deep blue color backed card with empty hands.
I am joking.. My dry sense of humor, stinks. Smile

Bottom-line: Jay has done a TON for magic. Some hate him, some love him. But you have to agree that he is a huge part of magic today and IMHO has helped keep the "Magic" going.

For those that don't like all the hype and have been "burned", I fully respect you and understand if you don't buy his products anymore. Your right to buy what YOU want.

Yes, I know I can (and will) e-mail him again.

Please PM me if you want.

Thanks for reading my long and non-focused post.

Anyone want to buy my "Phantoom of the Card" for $40?
BTW: Phantom of the Card is not to be confused with "Phantom of the Wallet"! Smile

Mike
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Slyder is a great item if you use your imagination. Here's a effect I do with it, heck it might even be in the routines booklet but to be honest I didn't read a lot of them as I had my own ideas for what I wanted to do with it.
Anyways here's a idea Ive been working with for a group of people.

I show the spectators a strip of paper with a paperclip on it and explain that there is list on the my side of the paper, but right Im not going to show them it as someone here going to make a prediction and don't want them to think Ive influence them. I choose a spec and tell them Im going to use the paper clip as a marker as I move down and please say stop.... maybe when you feel something.... or you just think its time to stop.

They do..I ask are you sure you can move on if you wish. They say yes or no. I tell them to hold there hand out flat and we'll leave there prediction face down on there hand for right now. I ask if anyone has a loonie (in canada we have a one dollar coin called a loonie). I put specs 2 coin in my hand and say I want everyone here to get a good look come close, the date on this coin this coin is 1972.... I slowly look at the strip of paper on the spec hand and turn it over and show everyone out of a list starting from the 1950's till now they predicted the date on the coin! 1972!

Now I did have one guy ask well what if the coin was made before 1950's and I told him the honest truth the chances of some one carrying a coin in there pocket from before the 1950's is very rare.

Im not sure from my description but this doesn't take as much time as it sound it actually has a really nice flow and amount of time at least with how I present it.

Anyways now think of what just happened here. The spectators have did all the magic.... in there minds. that's what I love about something like this.
The first spectator said stop 100% on there own. Another spectator gave me a coin of there own. Even with all that the spectators prediction of the date was right!

Since I received mine Ive been doing this routine solid and it been getting amazing reactions.... People every time have been speechless..they just cant believe what happened.

Jay has given us a rare opportunity to just let the magic happen. If you use your imagination with device and stop your own thoughts from limiting you...this will be something you always carry with you!
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
You know it funny how you don't notice things till you right them down. Now even though no ones called me on it. Loonie was even made in the 50's hahahaha so Ive change this to asking a spectator for a quarter. But as I said no one has ever called me on it and Ive been doing it alot, I rather use a quarter because of this.
stefo
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of stefo
What I love about Jay's work: he's made a lot of great things! Paperclipped, Insider, Extremely Mental, etc.
What I hate about Jay's work: the hype! I was following him on Twitter and Facebook so I could get all the informations about new releases, but
in EVERY single post he would use CAPS LOCK, which was irritating me so I unfollowed him. It's okay to use it the first time you advertise something, but always?
This brought me to the conclusion that Jay has probably taken NLP classes in order to sell his products better. I don't blame him, but if you don't have anything good to sell, then don't market it.
However I respect Jay cause I can't forget all the great things he has made and BABOM was a great offer, if I had money and opportunity I would've gotten myself one.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2011-12-03 18:46, stefo wrote:
What I love about Jay's work: he's made a lot of great things! Paperclipped, Insider, Extremely Mental, etc.
What I hate about Jay's work: the hype! I was following him on Twitter and Facebook so I could get all the informations about new releases, but
in EVERY single post he would use CAPS LOCK, which was irritating me so I unfollowed him. It's okay to use it the first time you advertise something, but always?
This brought me to the conclusion that Jay has probably taken NLP classes in order to sell his products better. I don't blame him, but if you don't have anything good to sell, then don't market it.

I just recently got this and must say this is one item that lives up to the hype. I knew what it was, but it really is awesome. You really cannot see the gimmick and it is made very nice.

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Jack
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Jack
I probably won't be buying Slyder as I have so many things to amaze with which is what it all comes down to, just another prop and/or gimmick to do another piece of amazement. But I feel even $40 isn't a bad deal at all for a well made item that can guarantee success and all us magicians hate being laughed at because of a mess up. We've all been there at one time or another and know the pain. I like Jay and think he's a total hyper-head that would make a great salesman on an infomercial but really has a creative side to magic performance that goes way outside the box. For a mentalist, Slyder could be a great prop to have, in my opinion.
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of drphil
What a great way to pull off a random number generated, for acaan. This may be old but it seems the gimic is improved to make the effect worth looking at. Sankey usaly has good ideas with very effect.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
See my use for this down below Smile
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
MichalMystic, that's a nice routine you came up with using the borrowed coin. A couple of different layers of deception going on there. Almost makes me want to order one of these Slyder gimmicks someday.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
I think it's funny that people are bashing Jay before owning this and saying its "just a paper clip" yet will spend hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars on 3 cups.
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
Quote:
On 2012-03-28 16:15, ixnay66 wrote:
I think it's funny that people are bashing Jay before owning this and saying its "just a paper clip" yet will spend hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars on 3 cups.

I agree. It's a pretty interesting thing, and somewhat disappointing, to see all this bashing page after page. Perhaps people are buying other ideas and not just an improvement on a gimmick... You obviously get a DVD and some extras. For Gods sake, how many freaking DVDs and books discuss a deck of cards? You do not hear people complaining, "Oh, it just uses a deck of cards." "The first deck of cards was printed in… it's not new." I see very little respect being thrown around and quite frankly this is why numerous creative people stop coming here. If this product or Jay is not for you, what's accomplished by discouraging those who might not have had the experience or familiarity of similar effects? Some of the comments and direction verge on bullying and smearing Jay and each other… and it appears as if several have been removed. I don't get it. I happen to be on Jay's site to mention a glitch in an idea and saw this product which led me here. I had interest in the paper clip as I dabble in mentalism and even the tinniest improvement on something like this is worth it at times. Then I read pages and pages of garbage... and am now feeling somewhat obligated to add more. Sorry about that... but it's like seeing someone talk on the cell phone in a movie and ignoring it. Something just seems wrong about it. Jay appears to be creative as they come. I wish we had more like him around.

The Magic Café Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jay Sankey's Slyder

Seems to be interpreted as:

The Magic Café Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest Complaints? » » Jay Sankey
<BR>http://www.TheIceBreaker.com
<BR>Creator: Official Poker's Chip Tricks, Card Stunts, Shuffles & Cuts, Flourishes • Tagged • Serial Biller • This is Mentalism • Tricks to Pick Up Chicks • Blank Gag Books
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Ixnay66, Rich Ferguson, well said!

I don't have this, but have other Sankey material and enjoy and use it. He did a great Penguin Live lecture recently.

Rich, thanks for counter balancing some of the meanness.
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
Jay is selling this now for $14.95 and I think I will get it. Despite all the negative posts here it seems that everyone that actually bought it is happy if not very happy with it. With the reduction in price I think it is worth a try. Plus I have been very happy with many other Sankey products in the past.
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Is the slyder on a dvd explanation, Should I buy it, I am just putting some close up work together,
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
"SLYDER comes complete with TWO of the specially-machined, custom-design paperclips + 45 minute tutorial video."

You'll get a link to a private YouTube video, not a DVD.

Jay has done a great job with his recent YouTube videos, such as Holy Moly, Grand Opening and many others.

If you don't want to have to be on-line to watch the videos, there are many ways to download the video.

Dave
hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Hi. The Slyder is no longer in the Sankey's website from weeks... Do somebody know can I order it from somewhere?
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Thanks!
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
mantel
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of mantel
Sankey himself has some more of these back in stock now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jay Sankey's Slyder (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL