The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Science Friction by Card Shark (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9..14..19..24..29..31~32~33 [Next]
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Science Friction is the new offering from Card Shark - they describe it as a product that will change card magic for ever.
A link to it here
http://www.sciencefrictionspray.com/ScienceFriction.cfm
Sounds good - has anybody had any dealings with this?
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
They say:

"In an unprecedented move, unlike other creators of magic, we are giving away the secret of our product BEFORE you buy it. No secret left hidden, you will immediately see and understand the beauty and the power that is waiting for you when you get Science Friction."

But then I read on and I'm not 100% sure what I'm getting. Is it just me?
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Taken from the website:

These key features make Science Friction so different:

Prepared Cards can be Handled by Spectator, the Preparation stays Undetectable
Science Friction, if applied properly, is undetectable for spectators, so that you even can give away the prepared cards!
Endless Possibilities
You will get a DVD with 3 hr material, all details are discussed and explained thoroughly to give you the insight how to develop your own tricks.
This is only the Beginning. Additional DVD's are being developed and produced.
Our creative juices are flowing and with other magicians we are already working on new effects that will be released on additional DVDs soon, making your investment even more valuable. If you come up with a brilliant idea please contact us, we can add your routine on the next DVD!
Real Magician's Fooler
Ever wanted to "burn" your magician friends? With Science Friction you will definitely be several steps ahead, leaving behind your baffled magician friends. They will feel like laymen again!
Use Borrowed Decks
This is the great part about Science Friction. Carry your prepared card(s) with you, if you see a matching deck laying around: Borrow it and add your card(s), you are ready to go!
Easy to perform Tricks and Applications, Never Possible Before
Bored with the tricks your friends already know? Want them to see real magic? With Science Friction they will think you are the next Dai Vernon!
Foolproof Preparation with Provided Spraying Templates
Ever feared that preparing cards is difficult? No, actually it is fun! And easy to do. We provide special Spraying Templates that fit all standard Poker cards but also the new Parlour Size Cards for Magicians. It cannot get easier. We promise!
Tricks based on the Preparation of Single Cards, not on Complete Decks
Here comes the Revolutionary Part: with Science Friction there is no need of having a prepared "partner card" to work, like you know this from any deck based on Rough & Smooth. You prepare one card, it will work with ANY other one.
Long Lasting Spray Can, good for 500+ Preparations
As you only have to prepare single cards, the spray will last forever. (At least it feels this way!)
Preparation completely Removable
If you want to find new possibilities and don't want to ruin a precious gimmick from a purchased trick or an expensive Collector's Deck... Go ahead and try. If you like you can remove the applied spray easily.
Perfect Pocket Management! The Wallet provided is good for a Dozen Different Tricks
The Professionals know how important a good pocket management is. If you are booked for strolling, you can't fill your pockets with trick deck after trick deck. Regain your pockets! You need only carry a single deck! The provided wallet is perfect for storing all your prepared cards.
Simplification of Classic Sleights
Just imagine doing Double or Triple lifts with ease. Pushing several cards over as one is just a breeze. With Science Friction you will never again telegraph these sleights.
All Rough and Smooth Effects are possible with Science Friction with a Fraction of the Usual Preparation (max 50%)
Do you remember the effects using Rough & Smooth where you had to ask the spectator to TOUCH a card because the cards would not separate by themselves? Now you can let the spectator TAKE the card! And this is only one advantage! Just think about the other possibilities. How would you set up your Invisible Deck?!
Prepared Cards don't Attract Dust and Dirt Like Sticky Cards
Do you hate the look of cards that have the non-permanent adhesive on them? After a while they attract dust and grease, making the gimmick useless and detectable. Even worse, the card gimmick is ruined and has to be replaced as a new preparation is nearly impossible. Science Friction stays clean, and if you need to refresh the preparation, you just remove it first and within 5 minutes you are ready to go with a fully functional new gimmick - using the same trick card again.
Odorless Results
OK, Science Friction stinks if you use it in a closed room, but this you should never do with an Aerosol anyway. The good part is: the preparation for an effect only takes perhaps a second of a spray, there is hardly no smell in the room. Plus, after drying, there is no smell on the card gimmicks.
Super Fast Drying Time
Need a gimmick fast? Wake up in the middle of the night with a brilliant new idea? Can't wait until you can test it? Science Friction won't let you wait for long! Just a puff, wave the gimmicked card a few times, and you are good to go. (If you want to be safe wait the drying time recommended on the spray can.)
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
It is also $95.00 for the can of spray, some gaffed cards and the dvd. Considering that the companuy does produce highly professional and well made products, it may be worth it.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
From the advertising write-up of this product I can't work out if it is a work of genius or just a can of fancy roughing spray.
Obviously it is more than just ordinary roughing spray but how much more I really don't know though I'm sure time will tell.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Sounds like a spray that achieves the R and S principal but uses onle a single key card.

I wonfer if the spray can cure baldness, help with bad breath, and help me make friends?

Seriously though, this does sound cool.

Teaser Video... cue dramatic music:

The title to the post is misleading. It should be "Science Friction by Alexander Kolle" - made by Cardshark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjmsrZ88NSM
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Thank you for the correction Saysold1, my bad.
On a brighter note, for $95 I'll be your friend Smile
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Reminds me of those "Nano Pads".
This will not be available broadly in some time?
the video cuts of the teaser are unfortunatly annoying, sorry.
Looking forward to read more about it.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
You are right Artin, that is one annoying video.
parkrocker
View Profile
Regular user
Nuremberg, Germany
170 Posts

Profile of parkrocker
Hey guys,
good to see you discuss Smile
just a few words from me (editor)
the "annoying" video is just a teaser to show that we are back with something new, in this case with an AWESOME principle, which, I'm sure, you will like.
If you want to find out more check http://www.sciencefrictionspray.com and register, then you will be able to watch a long demo.
Enjoy science friction;)

regards
Nico
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Nico, you did a great job, yes, the first teaser video doesn´t show much, but the second one after registration will show MUCH more. And Saysold, you are absolutely right, it is some spray that will only be applied to a single card, the rest of the deck can be a borrowed one. Real magicians`s fooler.

The can will last your life as a magician I would say, as this is a huge 400 ml / 11oz. spray can good for hundreds of effects! Regarding this it is REALLY a steal.

The whole formula was developed here in Germany together with a chemical expert, we were lucky enough to get a small batch ready for Vegas, as Magic Live is very important for me. The big production will be ready beginning of September, you will see that the cost for this tool is NOTHING compared to what you get.

All the big names here in Germany, who had the chance to play around with Science Friction during the last few months, are extremely excited, and so are we. Alexander Koelle, who found and developed this gem, came up with some of the most visual effects possible. Watch the video on http://www.sciencefrictionspray.com
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Thank you for the video clarification Nico, appreciated.
parkrocker
View Profile
Regular user
Nuremberg, Germany
170 Posts

Profile of parkrocker
You're welcome
=)
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Nico.......

Roger here at Card-Shark USA. You have done a phenomenal job with all of the video productions for this new project. My hat really goes off to you, Alexander and Christian. I cannot wait to see the reaction when it is released to the magic community. This will be HUGE! By the way.... I really love the NEW teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/balconymagicboys#p/a/u/0/0h8DC9DzWIw
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
Do the 'Special printed gaffed cards in Poker and Parlour size' come in Bicycle design?
ABK-Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
273 Posts

Profile of ABK-Magic
WoW!!! What a reaction so far. I am really glad and soooo... excited about this new product. I hope I will meet a lot of you guys in Vegas, where we can play with the Science Friction Spray together. We will have some nice surprises for you and you can believe me when I say: "You will not believe it!" It is so amazing and makes so much fun to play.

Wish you all the best

Alex
BE CREATIVE! BE UNIQUE!
www.balconyproductions.com
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Quote:
On 2011-08-02 14:11, madcats9 wrote:
Do the 'Special printed gaffed cards in Poker and Parlour size' come in Bicycle design?

hehe, do you expect to get the new Bicycle Parlour cards?

Seriously: you will get several trick cards with it. Some will be compatible with any serious - non-fancy - deck, like Phoenix, Bicycle, Mandolin, Tally-Ho etc. as they only are a special double facer. But you also get double backers. All in Poker and Parlour size, surely with Phoenix backs.

(BTW, since the first of August, the Phoenix Deck is the only FISM recognised deck in the world, stating that it is of the highest class. No other deck ever got this status, nor will it get in the near future! As a professional violinist, do you think of a cheap everyday violin, or do you think of the Stradivari? The same is true for professional magicians, we all know how the Bicycle quality varies with every deck you get.)

We even go a step further. All purchasers, who pre-order the Science-Friction Set, will get an extra bonus on top, the Phoenix Gaffed Deck for the Serious Pro. It will also be officially released at Magic Live so it is not visible on our website yet, but here you can see more details what is included.

http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=......rtID=112

Trust me, it is even interesting for Bicycle lovers. It is a freebie of 15 US$ on top of Science Friction.

If you want to use Bicycle cards, feel free to prepare the ones you have at home.

Chinese Proverb
parkrocker
View Profile
Regular user
Nuremberg, Germany
170 Posts

Profile of parkrocker
Thanks for your kind words Roger! I'm glad you like it!
Regards
Nico
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
Quote:
On 2011-08-02 05:55, David Klass wrote:
They say:

"In an unprecedented move, unlike other creators of magic, we are giving away the secret of our product BEFORE you buy it. No secret left hidden, you will immediately see and understand the beauty and the power that is waiting for you when you get Science Friction."

But then I read on and I'm not 100% sure what I'm getting. Is it just me?

Absolutely! The videos don't show the secret at all and the stuff on the member area of the website isn't very helpfull, too. Considering this statement and the price of the product Card-Shark should really explain how the spray works and what it does as - in contrast to other magic props - you don't buy a secret but just a (perhaps revolutionary) product. So please just put a video online which shows how it is used, what it does and how it works and do not just create a hype.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
So what exactly don´t you understand or what additional info do you want? The whole set comes with 3 hrs of DVD material explaining every single detail, it is impossible to explain EVERY little detail.

We really say:
It is a spray.
You spray it on single cards.
Effect like the ones in the demo video (without fancy cutting) are possible.
You don´t have to treat all cards. You get special spraying templates with it.

Some basic understanding in magic can be regarded as certain, or not? What else do you want to know?!
We are not talking about a set of tricks (that come with the set to get started), we are talking about a newly developed spray, manufactured in Germany. It will allow you to come up with your own ideas and effects, will allow to simplify your sleights. Depending on your magical knowledge, it can be a good item or a GREAT item. This is up to you to find out.

Chinese Proverb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Science Friction by Card Shark (22 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9..14..19..24..29..31~32~33 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL