The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Science Friction by Card Shark (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10..15..20..25..30..31~32~33 [Next]
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2011-08-02 15:49, madcats9 wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-02 05:55, David Klass wrote:
They say:

"In an unprecedented move, unlike other creators of magic, we are giving away the secret of our product BEFORE you buy it. No secret left hidden, you will immediately see and understand the beauty and the power that is waiting for you when you get Science Friction."

But then I read on and I'm not 100% sure what I'm getting. Is it just me?

Absolutely! The videos don't show the secret at all and the stuff on the member area of the website isn't very helpfull, too. Considering this statement and the price of the product Card-Shark should really explain how the spray works and what it does as - in contrast to other magic props - you don't buy a secret but just a (perhaps revolutionary) product. So please just put a video online which shows how it is used, what it does and how it works and do not just create a hype.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
The demo looks amazing. I've never liked having to rely on the 'condition or state ' of my cards when doing an effect (ex. R/S), so this is a tough decision.

Handing out the top card during an ambitious card routine, then putting it back on top, then have it transpose into the signed card! How cool is that?
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Unfortunately during the video you don´t see the following effect "Card Collector" completely, but it is exactly how I tell you:

The card is "lost" in the deck, deck is on the table. The spectator gets the two Jacks, cuts the deck at random places, put the Jacks there. Everybody sees many cards in between the two Jacks.
Then the spectator squares up the deck, he can spread it, the Jacks come together and have the chosen card of the spectator in between.

All this is done by the spectator, how cool is that?! This is my favourite, after the face-up Friction Monte.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

Chinese Proverb
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
Here some important questions that came to my mind watching the demo:

1. After 'sticking' the prepared card to another card, can the double be handed freely or has it to be handed carefully like using R+S?
2. Can Science Friction be used for your effect Metamorphosis?
3. Can the prepared card be removed during performance?
4. Most important: What is the major advantage it Science Friction compared to R+S besides that you only have to use 2 cards?
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
Quote:
On 2011-08-02 16:50, magicmind wrote:

Chinese Proverb

Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses!
- Latin Proverb (that actually fits - crazy, eh...)
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I don't usually get very excited about most magic releases, but this really has my imagination running. Too bad I can't get to Vegas!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Quote:
On 2011-08-02 17:32, Chessmann wrote:
I don't usually get very excited about most magic releases, but this really has my imagination running. Too bad I can't get to Vegas!

Keep the excitement and be one of the first getting it shipped to. Pre-Order now! Smile

Science Friction will not be usefull for Metamorphosis, as here the trick principle is using sticky principle. Science Friction is NOT sticky. It will not make any sound, cards don´t have to be peeled off or so.
The card can be removed but does not have to be. Because the preparation stays undetectable. You could even give the prepared card to a spectator and he would have no idea.
I think the other advantages are already written on the website, but if you need more, get me some time to come up with more. Smile

Chinese Proverb
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Christian-

You know I'm a big fan of your products - maybe even a "groupie" would be a better term lol.

I just want to say how APPRECIATIVE I am for your contributions to our art. You've taken numerous items to the next level - your gorgeous Phoenix brand cards, the Double Deckers, Tarot Cards, Get Sharky, R and S spray grids, and many more! Your products are smart and designed for magicians.

It had been some time since seeing you post here on the Café - and I (and if I can say many) here are thrilled to see your cool new offerings. Your ideas and insights are also gold.

So good luck with "Science Friction" Christian - I plan to get this soon as your products meet the highest standards possible.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Thank you so much for your nice words.

Just to give you a little bit more insight: While mixing the formula we had the discussion here in Germany, if the aerosol liquid should be bottled in Germany and then the aerosol cans would be shipped over to the USA or if we first would ship the liquid over to the USA and bottle it there. We decided doing it in Germany completely and then ship the cans by sea freight to our Card-Shark USA depot, due to quality reasons as we here could control the whole process. The first cans for Magic Live will be shipped by airfreight to get them there in time, the other ones will go on a ship, as soon as the cans are produced.

You won´t believe how much effort it is to coordinate everything, but I am sure you will finally appreciate the output!

Chinese Proverb
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I second the comments by saysold1 above. I have much faith in whatever products Christian puts forth because everything I have purchased from him to date has been so innovative and at the same time extremely high quality. I submitted a pre-order for Science Friction (plus a Vaudeville Get Sharky Deck!) immediately after opening the email newsletter. And I generally don’t pre-order anything - only from a select few that I have come to trust. I am sure I don’t understand all there is to know about Science Friction but from what I did see on the available video demos it does look amazing; a genuine new concept for card magic!

Thanks!

Jim
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2011-08-02 10:15, saysold1 wrote:

I wonfer if the spray can cure baldness, help with bad breath, and help me make friends?

The spray will not be of any help. Because . . .

Quote:
On 2011-08-02 06:07, doriancaudal wrote:

Taken from the website:

. . . Science Friction stinks . . .

Smile

Smile
P.S. I have been using commercially available water based Polycrylic clear satin spray. An 11.5 Oz can costs approx $10. But for the 'stink' Smile and the so claimed Ultra-Fast drying time of 5 minutes, the water based spray has almost similar characteristics as that of ‘Friction Spray’.

The manufacturers claim that:- Polycrylic compound resists damage from abrasion, scuffing, chipping, water, alcohol and other common household chemicals. It has very little odor, is non-flammable, cleans up easily with soap and water, and can be recoated.

However 'Friction Spray' might be a better formula but I will await a review.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
Quote:
On 2011-08-03 00:58, Ustaad wrote:

P.S. I have been using commercially available water based Polycrylic clear satin spray. An 11.5 Oz can costs approx $10. But for the 'stink' Smile and the so claimed Ultra-Fast drying time of 5 minutes, the water based spray has almost similar characteristics as that of ‘Friction Spray’.

The manufacturers claim that:- Polycrylic compound resists damage from abrasion, scuffing, chipping, water, alcohol and other common household chemicals. It has very little odor, is non-flammable, cleans up easily with soap and water, and can be recoated.

However 'Friction Spray' might be a better formula but I will await a review.

Interesting, so you could use 'Minwax Polycrylic Aerosol Ounce-Satin' spray it onto a playing card and achieve the same effect? Do you use it with cards?
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
As I am still trying to fully understand the workings of Science Friction it seems that what it is, is an alternative to R+S sprays where you don't have to use two but only one card.

So it won't enable you to do completly different things but all - however not more - effects than you could achieve with R+S spray. The handling of the cards seems to be the same.

That said Science Friction seems to be a cool principle which could replace R+S sprays, but considering what your magic will look the same to the audience I don't see a hudge difference or a revolution. But if I run out of R+S I might check out Science Friction as I only have to use one card.
ABK-Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
273 Posts

Profile of ABK-Magic
Hello, Science Friction is completley different to R&S. If you read the informations on our website you will see that you can also do the same effects like R&S prepared decks but with only one card, so you don't need a whole deck in the most cases. And the best think about SF is that new effects are possible right now, which where not possible before.
Like Christian already said, we don't know all the sprays that are out there. Maybe there are sprays which sound similar, but we gave our best to achieve the best product for cards and for you. After 2 years in reseach and experiments we finally achieved our goal. It is hard to explain how cool SF really is. I recommand you come to Vegas and see yourself how amazing this new product is.

All the best

Alex
BE CREATIVE! BE UNIQUE!
www.balconyproductions.com
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
Quote:
On 2011-08-03 06:52, ABK-Magic wrote:
Hello, Science Friction is completley different to R&S. If you read the informations on our website you will see that you can also do the same effects like R&S prepared decks but with only one card, so you don't need a whole deck in the most cases.

That's what I said... But can you handle the prepared card and the card it is 'stuck' to more freely than with R+S? It is clear that it technically works different than R+S but - although I know that magician like toys - how does it influence the result (the effect!) besides the fact that you don't have to use two but only one card. I guess that Science Friction is cool and might replace R+S in the future if it works, but how does it improve the tricks and why shall I throw my R+S cards away and use those prepared with Science Friction - the website isn't helpful there.

Quote:
On 2011-08-03 06:52, ABK-Magic wrote:
I recommand you come to Vegas and see yourself how amazing this new product is.

;)
Christoph
View Profile
New user
Nuremberg, Germany
81 Posts

Profile of Christoph
Brillant...that's all I can say...
As always, Alex takes magic to the next level.

Definetely recommended and no comparison to R&S.
Christoph

www.christophkuch.de
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1180 Posts

Profile of Chris
I am a technology guy and I am always excited when new technology is applied. That is why I am looking forward to learn more about it and see how much better this new spray is to the many other sprays used today.

However, I am always a bit skeptical when the word 'nano' is used. I have worked for many years as a 'nano' scientist and engineer. Can somebody explain what the nano part here is, unless it just used as a cool word without any particular meaning. It would also be great to hear a somewhat more scientific explanation of why this is better. What is the adhesion mechanism? An explanation should make it much easier to understand why Science Friction is better.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
You don´t really expect an answer on this, Chris? Would you even consider asking Coca-Cola about their secret ingredients?

We have worked about two years on this project, and this will stay our best kept secret. Maybe under the heavy influence of alcohol we might start to talk. So everybody is invited to spend Alex and me a beer in Las Vegas!!! Try your best Smile

Chinese Proverb
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2011-08-03 12:05, Card-Shark wrote:
You don´t really expect an answer on this, Chris? Would you even consider asking Coca-Cola about their secret ingredients?

We have worked about two years on this project, and this will stay our best kept secret. Maybe under the heavy influence of alcohol we might start to talk. So everybody is invited to spend Alex and me a beer in Las Vegas!!! Try your best Smile

Yes, but he is only asking for the meaning of "nano", he's not trying to know the entire recipe... It's not difficult to answer, right? Smile Is the word "nano" used for pure marketing strategies or has it got a real meaning?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
Quote:
On 2011-08-03 12:09, doriancaudal wrote:

Yes, but he is only asking for the meaning of "nano", he's not trying to know the entire recipe... It's not difficult to answer, right? Smile Is the word "nano" used for pure marketing strategies or has it got a real meaning?

Yes, I support that as I have the same questions as Chris. Nobody wants to know the chemical formula of course Smile

I'd like to remaind you of the bold statement on your Website: "In an unprecedented move, unlike other creators of magic, we are giving away the secret of our product BEFORE you buy it." The content of the website doesn't tell anything relevant about the functionality of the product but usual marketing, e.g.: Use Borrowed Decks, Endless Possibilities, Real Magician's Fooler, Easy to perform, foolproof, long lasting, blabla....)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Science Friction by Card Shark (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10..15..20..25..30..31~32~33 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL