The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » IBM ring 38 San francisco (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Spackle666
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Spackle666
So anyone know what the story with ring 38 is? Appears to be defunct or languishing according to the IBM website.
"it's bad luck to be superstitious."
Spackle666
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Spackle666
Really? Nobody knows anything?
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
As far as I know it is no longer, and I'm a past president of the ring. Very sad.
JackLangdell
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of JackLangdell
I was a member of ring 38 and it has been inactive for years. The problem started with the earthwquake of 89 which damaged the San Francisco Hotel where we had met for years. We met in various places in San Francisco and in other communities. Membership fell off as meeting locations changed causing inconvenience and confusion. Finally those of us who remained had our dues refunded. I am happy that the central office still lists ring 38 but most of the remaining members like me joined San Francisco SAM2, which was personally founded by Houdini when he was SAM President. There may have been additional reasons for the fall of Ring 38, but what I mentioned was what I observed. Ring 38 was once one of the largest and strongest IBM Rings, so it is sad what happened. At least 3 IBM International Presidents and other significant products of Ring 38 were and are on the international scene. I hope others will contribute to this discussion.
Spackle666
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Spackle666
Hmmmm. Very interesting, that so many of us live in Sf, but so few us are involved. I certainly am no better than most, living out my quiet existence here in SF. Anyone interested in a resurrection——a phoenix rising from the ashes?
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Hi All,

Is there an IBM ring in San Jose or thereabouts?

Thanks,

Bill
JackLangdell
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of JackLangdell
Bill, I thought there was still a magic group in San Jose. I checked magic magazines and could not find a listing, so it may have met the same fate as ring 38. There is still an active group in Palo Alto, I believe. I think it is a SAM Assembly.
patrick1515
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of patrick1515
Bill,
IBM Ring 216 is alive and very active! 2nd Wed of each month 7:30pm Yu Ai Kai Center 588 N. 4th St
Looking forward to seeing you there!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » IBM ring 38 San francisco (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL