The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Merv Taylor card sword (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
366 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Friends, I wonder if any of you could help me with a quest...I purchased a Merv Taylor card sword but alas it came without any instructions. I know how to operate it, replace the eleastic, etc. but I would like to have a copy of the instructions.

Does anyone have a set of instructions they would be willing to photocopy and email me or sell me....I am not selling the sword, just trying to get the instructions for mine.

Thank you in advance for any help you could give me.

Keep a dream in the making for you create your tomorrows by what you dream today

Maria
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
23989 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have one of these that I used in my act. The elastic required is very hard to find these days. It is called "oval" elastic. If you still have the tip to the sword, take it to a machinist and have him make about a half dozen duplicates. I'll see if I can find the instructions. Otherwise, you might want to send an e-mail to Alan Zagorsky at Owen Magic Supreme. They make the Merv Taylor sword these days, and the instructions are the same as the original.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
366 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Thank you Bill for your feedback. I've sent off an email to Mr. Zagorsky in the hopes that he will be able to assist me with my quest. I would love it and be very honored if you did find the original instructions and were willing to share them with me....Getting extra tips might not be a bad idea...I will look into it just in case although I don't intend on using the sword....I just want to have it.

Maria
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
23989 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I used mine for about a year at the Renaissance Festival. It was quite reliable, but I must confess that the Harry Stanley sword was easier to work with.

I'll go through my archives next week.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
366 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Thank you Bill....I await with baited breath! I'm not familiar with the Harry Stanley sword...I'll have to research that one.

Maria
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Merv Taylor card sword (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.036184 seconds, requiring 22 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [8] [3] [4] [6] [3] [5] [7]