The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Seaerching the Café » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

snedglow
View Profile
New user
Pine Grove, PA
94 Posts

Profile of snedglow
It's great to be able to search for a topic but what good does it do to have to select a forum?

With so many forums, how can you possibly know what forum to select, especially if you haven't a clue where something may be located?

I've tried searching "All Forums" but I always get an error message that I must select the forum I wish to search. Does anyone know how I can search through ALL forums?

Thanks!
Randy
-Randy
[email]rsnedden@closeupmagic.org[/email]
Smile
~~~~~
“Chance is but the pseudonym of God for those particular cases which He does not choose to subscribe to openly with His own signature ... ”
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Best bet for now is to go to http://www.searchthemagiccafe.com and type your inquiry there. Works for my needs quite well.
snedglow
View Profile
New user
Pine Grove, PA
94 Posts

Profile of snedglow
Thanks, that's a huge help!
-Randy
[email]rsnedden@closeupmagic.org[/email]
Smile
~~~~~
“Chance is but the pseudonym of God for those particular cases which He does not choose to subscribe to openly with His own signature ... ”
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Randy, give me an example of something you would search for and not have a clue where to look? The forums are broken down logicall and for the most part are pretty self explanatory. Mentalism would be Penny for your thoughts or if you had enough posts it would be Inner Thoughts. Coin magic could be broken down to nothing up my sleeve for ungimmicked coin effects and Trick coin trickery for those that do. Most of the forums are broken down like that. There are some subjects that might take a little thought and could be in several different forums but for the most part, it's not difficult to figure out where to look.
Where the magic begins
Raymagic11
View Profile
New user
Holland
63 Posts

Profile of Raymagic11
Man you are my hero. For months since the search function at Magiccafe was updated I was struggling with not being able to search all forums.
And before.. Well we`ll all remember the waiting times. Thanks for the site, I am sure going to use this a lot!
"A magician has the skill to conceal the skill"
- Paul Wilson
"Magic is driven by emotion and conflict"
- Tommy Wonder
BarFly
View Profile
Regular user
I hate digging holes for
121 Posts

Profile of BarFly
Quote:
On 2011-08-06 14:09, stempleton wrote:
Best bet for now is to go to http://www.searchthemagiccafe.com and type your inquiry there. Works for my needs quite well.

Awesome site. Thanks! Love the Magic Café, but the search function leaves much to be desired.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On 2011-08-06 14:09, stempleton wrote:

THANK YOU!!!! The search engine here is sooo frusterating. Smile
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
We are working on the SEARCH ENGINE issues and thank you in advance for your patience in this important matter. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Seaerching the Café » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL