The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Penn & Teller Fool Us Bank Holiday Special (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Lee_Hathaway
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Lee_Hathaway
I went on Fool Us because I had a specific effect that I thought would fool Penn & Teller. It's a completely unique method, not published and nothing similar to it has ever been done before. Frankly, on the jobs I had to cancel and time it took to create the effect I could have paid to go to Vegas 3 times over. I have been offered jobs on TV programs in the past where the emphasis has been on blatant exposure and have turned them down for that reason, but on this occasion I liked the format of the show and felt I had something that would fool them. I can't speak for other performers and I think really you have to judge each individual on their own merits - but please do not tar everyone with the same brush.

Shrubs, I didn't feel the desire for self-promotion and a few minutes of TV fame as you put it. Nor I'd imagine do my friends Shawn Farquhar, Ettiene, John Archer, Colin Mcleod, Graham Jolley (to name but a few). The main reason for this, is that whilst you're sitting indoors clocking up your jealousy filled posts on forums, we are out "prostituting" ourselves most nights, getting re-booked and making a living doing something we love and care about.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2011-09-04 02:25, Lee_Hathaway wrote:
I went on Fool Us because I had a specific effect that I thought would fool Penn & Teller. It's a completely unique method, not published and nothing similar to it has ever been done before. Frankly, on the jobs I had to cancel and time it took to create the effect I could have paid to go to Vegas 3 times over. I have been offered jobs on TV programs in the past where the emphasis has been on blatant exposure and have turned them down for that reason, but on this occasion I liked the format of the show and felt I had something that would fool them. I can't speak for other performers and I think really you have to judge each individual on their own merits - but please do not tar everyone with the same brush.

Shrubs, I didn't feel the desire for self-promotion and a few minutes of TV fame as you put it. Nor I'd imagine do my friends Shawn Farquhar, Ettiene, John Archer, Colin Mcleod, Graham Jolley (to name but a few). The main reason for this, is that whilst you're sitting indoors clocking up your jealousy filled posts on forums, we are out "prostituting" ourselves most nights, getting re-booked and making a living doing something we love and care about.

I am happy that we have a post from a Performers Point, having attended several of the shows I could tell how professional the whole set up was, even persons that did not fool P&T still benefited from TV exposure and from what I could see was treated with great respect (unlike the Great "Shrubs" who has No Respect for his fellow Professionals")

I for one am also glad that Fool Us will be back for another series next year as I consider this a Great Showcase
for Magic and the best UK General Magic show we have had in years !

Well Done Lee glad you did Fool P & T ,

Have you been to Vegas Yet
mcmc
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of mcmc
Lee, it's interesting to see your perspective as an actual entrant on the show. However, I think your reply to Shrubs was pretty unprofessional and in poor taste - not great to resort to the same level of insulting as he did, the high road would look better for your public persona.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Penn & Teller Fool Us Bank Holiday Special (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL