We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Jay Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
devin_devil
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of devin_devil
I've seen a lot of Jay Sankey's products.
Can anyone recommend me which are the better ones?
I prefer card tricks.
Smile
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
I have been to two Sankey lectures and have many of his notes and DVD's. Some of his better ones are
"In a Flash" where a quarter wrapped in flash paper burns down through half the deck to land on their selection
"Astral Projection"-more of a mentalism effect where they look at a card and i disappears from the half of deck they saw it in and ends up in the half that they have been holding the whole time
"Air Tight" where their selection ends up inside a balloon and then you pull it out of the balloon after its already tied inside
and a lot of tricks from his DVD's and lecture notes. Also, a new trick called Public Transit where a hole on a card jumps up the length of the card
hope this helps
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
It would be much better to get his videos and DVDs because most of his individual tricks aren't that good and others are already taught on some of his other videos already.

I suggest looking into PAperclipped, The Very Best of Jay Sankey, Secret Files, Sankey-tised Volume 1 and 2 (which incidentally contain Airtight as well so no need to go and buy it as an individual effect), In a Flash (a good routine for the beginner to intermediate), Leaving Home (taught on TVBO Jay Sankey as well...) and his newest addition, No Card Tricks!!! which seems like a cool DVD.
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
devin_devil
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of devin_devil
thanx for helping me to decide.
i think i'll purchase 'in a flash' which seeemed like a really great trick.
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
Leaving home, I never leave home with out it Smile

- Alex
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
I also suggest getting his videos/DVD's instead of individual tricks. I have several of his individual tricks, and some of them are pretty disappointing, such as Streetch. On the other hand, his videos/DVD's are extremely good. I highly recommend getting The Very Best of Jay Sankey set and Sankey's Secret Files set. They are really good!
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
Sankey's best productions to date, are The Very Best of series and Sankey-tised. Sankey-tised teaches Rubber Band Rise, one of the best endings for the Ambitious Card, and Cardboard Contortionist, a nice Torn and restored, and Airtight, AND Leaving Home... and many more.
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
If you want Good Jay Sankey products, go and buy:
In A Flash
Airtight
Snowstorm
Very Best of Jay Sankey dvd set
Sankey Secret Files dvd set
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2111 Posts

Profile of marko
I wouldn't recommend any of his individually marketed effects, because all of the good ones (with the exception of In A Flash) are on his DVDs and videos. I highly recommend The Very Best Of series and Sankeytized 1 & 2.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Sankey-Tized is awesome.....it has Paperclipped, Airtight, and leaving home on it. Gotta get both volumes though, they are great for the price.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Mike Glander
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Mike Glander
How can I find out where Jay will be appearing next? I'd love to see him in person.
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
He became a father a few months ago, and said he was taking some time out.
He is an extremely good performer and lecturer and well worth seeing.
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
Yes,don't forget to learnd paperclipped, I'm sure most of us agree that it's a awsome effect.
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
Whatever you do, Don't buy the Paperclipped video by itself. But Sankey-tized or Very Best of Sankey Volume 3 with multiple tricks rather than a single effect video.
idreamz
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of idreamz
Paperclipped gets good reactions. Public transit good too when performed well Smile
wu tang
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC Canada
54 Posts

Profile of wu tang
Check out secret files!!!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2713 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi Mike,
Do you want to see him? Look on the left. Smile

I met him at FISM. I attended his lecture twice. He is a great person.

devin, you are in for a treat! Smile
Yours,
Ivan
ChopCup
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of ChopCup
I like his new 3 Ring Circus DVD. It's chock full of great effects.
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
Hi, just like to ask: if I buy the dvd, does it comes with the gimmicks necessary to perform the tricks? do are Sankey's tricks gimickless?

oh, one more question: are the tricks ok for a beginner?

thanks
eric Smile
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2713 Posts

Profile of niva
Hmm. Not all the tricks are ok for a beginner. In that case I would suggest you get his newest DVDs for Beginners (they are 2 volumes, but frankly forgot thier names) or else his "Real Magic" DVD. 45 is also a great DVD both for the beginner and pro. It teaches a lot of sleights and flourishes with various items but not routines.

Many of his effects do not require gimmicks. Does that do, are easy to make, included with the DVD or can be purchased from a local dealer (such as a TT).

Hope this helps, eric.
Yours,
Ivan
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Jay will release his "Revolutionary coin magic" DVD in mid November. That one is a really COOL coin magic video before. Jay will add some more coin tricks in the new DVD...what a good news to all of us!

Save $$$$, don't buy his individual tricks but his DVDs.

best,
Hirase
In love with magic!
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
862 Posts

Profile of spatlind
I got Paperclipped and was pretty impressed. Guess from the above posts I should stay away from the single effects and get some of the ones with multiple tricks. He's not everyone's cup of tea, but he reminds me of most of my mates, so suits me!
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
theonejimmie
View Profile
New user
Phila., Pa.
54 Posts

Profile of theonejimmie
Three-ring circus is good, No card tricks is good. I also have public Transit. As with all tricks you need to see what fits your style. Public transit for example is a love - hate trick no middle ground at all. Most of Sankey’s stuff plays well, and fall in the easy to do category. Smile
Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
297 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
For me his top three are

In a Flash
The Bigger Finish
Changin' Places Aces

Cliff
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Astral Projection fools the pants off pple!!
Cartelli
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Cartelli
Where do I find the mentioned cardboard contortionist??
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2713 Posts

Profile of niva
I believe it's in his Sankeytized videos.
Yours,
Ivan
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Sankey has some great stuff.
I would go with the best of or secert files DVD's. You will get most of his popular routines. In fact I am a little biffed about the secert files set. I bought his collectors video, 1 video 100.00. He said he would never release the stuff on any other tape only on these "Collectors" videos. After watching the secret file I saw most to the material from that collectors video. For the price I paid for the collectors video, I wish he would of stuck to his word.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Neoglobin
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Neoglobin
I believe he is re-releasing his classics series.
Magically Yours,

Neoglobin.
ragingcalm
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of ragingcalm
Can someone describe the paperclipped effect, my modem is too slow to download the video.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Jay Sankey (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.250256 seconds, requiring 94 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [6] [8] [7] [2] [3] [6] [0]