The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » Wizard Product Review 69: Coin Waltz, From Nothing, Psionic, Rice Paper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Matthew U
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of Matthew U
Here is this weeks episode:

Link to show - Click Here!

Enjoy, Matthew
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
Cinde Sanders, wife of the magician Dal Sanders, walks by around the 32 minute mark.

Yep, I watched the guests walk by instead of... cards.

Randi
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Craig's 180 after trying Psionic is just proves how honest these two guys are. Great show guys!
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I thought Jason Palter's Psionic was going to get worker of the week, but its darn near impossible to follow Homer. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
jfquackenbush
View Profile
Special user
Out here on the desert
607 Posts

Profile of jfquackenbush
I was really pleased to see the "take it to the streets" feature come back. Does this mean we may get to see the friendly ice cream man again some day? Also, the spoof of TA featuring Dave and Blammo was hilarious.
Mr. Quackenbush believes that there is no such thing as a good magic trick.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Poor Kevin P.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
SmithMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of SmithMagicMan
That kevin parker trick - goodness me!

Great review as always guys(:
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Craig's impression of a mentalist (complete with extra 'blaining-it-up') was hysterical!

Us mentalists will promise to never ever to make balloon animals if Craig promises never ever to take up mentalism seriously. Smile
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Another good, watchable review. To be honest, nothing really floated my boat.

Coin Waltz - both effects can be similarly achieved with a T.U.C. and a good switch (think about it Smile).

Rice Papers (card trick aside) looked exceptional magic but wouldn't fit my style. Understandably worker of the week.

The Kevin Parker effect COULD possibly be worked finding a signed card, ring, etc. in the fruit BUT it isn't clear how this production compares to other methods?

Full marks to Craig on demming Psionic. You've got a lot of guts mate - looking at the decor (and outside street view) I assume that it was filmed in a Young Offenders Institute? If so, it must have taken some guts telling trackie boy Lewis that you were going to show him where his third eye was!

Didn't really get the 8 minute interview with Jeff Prace Smile (Zzzzzz). Let's be honest, it was pretty insignificant/lame - but as they say chaps 'It's Your Show'!

Thanks for your time and energy for making us aware of the odd gem (not to mention some of the complete and utter dross) that's out there.
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
While the interview with Jeff wasn't too informative, I enjoyed it. It was just some extra fun and I liked to see him mess around with them. Rice Papers looks great but not sure it fits my style.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I think the interview sucked too.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-09-14 16:33, Merc Man wrote:

Full marks to Craig on demming Psionic. You've got a lot of guts mate - looking at the decor (and outside street view) I assume that it was filmed in a Young Offenders Institute? If so, it must have taken some guts telling trackie boy Lewis that you were going to show him where his third eye was!

I don't know....just what does a Young Offenders Institute (whatever that is) look like? Was Craig supposed to run out and perform it at some high end night club for people in evening dress?
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Richard Osterlin (sp) has a "Glass of Water from paper bag" that is infinitely superior to "apple from plastic bag". Even so, it's not something that I could see myself performing. Just too arbitrary.

I like the way Psionic was demoed. You actually worked the trick for real and even though there was a bit of parody going on, it didn't hurt the trick. I'd like to see more of that rather than one of you showing the trick while the other gives you a hard time.

(It would have been funny if AFTER the trick was long over, Craig had been shown making the guy a balloon poodle, while still Blaining it up, as if he just couldn't resist.)
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
jfquackenbush
View Profile
Special user
Out here on the desert
607 Posts

Profile of jfquackenbush
I like Eugene Burger's production of a shot glass from a folded up paper bag a lot.'s It's great at parties, it's an easy reset, and it's well routined and has good logic to it just like you'd expect from His Beardness. And more to the point he more or less tosses you the whole works for doing that kind of impossible production in a restaurant close up worker situation on his gourmet close up video. which, I think, should really embarrass someone doing a lamer version with fruit from a huge plastic bag on an eleven minute DVD. not that everybody is on Burger's level, but it seems to me that if you're going to put something out you owe it to the people who buy your product to put that kind of care and thought into it.
Mr. Quackenbush believes that there is no such thing as a good magic trick.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2011-09-14 18:03, gaffed wrote:

I don't know....just what does a Young Offenders Institute (whatever that is) look like? Was Craig supposed to run out and perform it at some high end night club for people in evening dress?

Good grief - English satire is truly lost on some people. Smile
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
I didn;t get the interview either. Aside from the product info, which could've been done in 30 seconds, it was all talk about how funny Jeff supposedly was, but none of that actually shone through. Bit of an anticlimax after some of the great interviews we've seen before, especially when put at the end of the show.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2011-09-15 09:55, Doctor D wrote:
it was all talk about how funny Jeff supposedly was, but none of that actually shone through

You've actually put my point much more succinctly! The truth is if somebody is 'funny' then you don't need to be told this - it should become apparent by just watching them.

Jeff (whatever his name was) - well I've never even heard of him before and couldn't really care if I never see or him of him ever again - he comes across a bit cringe worthy if I'm honest - a kind of American version of Jedward! Smile

Then again, it's WMS's production so it's their call at the end of the day.
Barry Allen

puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Lets not knock Jeff shall we? Jeff has not put himself forward as a comedy god and did not edit the footage etc.
I agree in that the interview (for me) was a non event, but I'm sure Jeff is a cool guy (USA) or top bloke (UK)...

Charlie
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Not that's it's really of any importance, but Craig said that he (Jeff) was one of the funniest guy's he had met during the convention, and then Dave clearly pointed out that he was not funny during the interview, but was funny when they were hanging out with him. Jeez, give the kid a break for heavens sake! Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I thought David Williamson was pretty funny in the interview
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » Wizard Product Review 69: Coin Waltz, From Nothing, Psionic, Rice Paper (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL