The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Popped and Restored Balloon: repAIR by Michael Kent (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Glue dots would be great if preparing in advance, but being able to perform this impromptu without any prep is what's appealing to me.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Simply love Rep Air!! Thx for sharing it with the community.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2011-09-21 10:39, nonvpro wrote:
Bought this and simly love it. However, I'm having an issue with the balloons I've purchased. Can't seem to find non-transparent baloons. I purchase the balloons Sammy J recommended from Wal-Mart and for my liking, they are to transparent. Actually, I've purchase 8 differend manufactures of balloons and have had the same issue with all of them. Anyone recommend a non-transparent balloon?

I hear what you're saying. After working with them for a while, a lot of the balloons in the bag I recommended seem too transparent. With proper handling, the darker ones still work, but it would be nice to not worry at all about it. I used to do Mark Jenest's Billoon trick, and used black balloons that I bought at a Party store. I think I'll go see if they are available in the right size.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Sammy, I was about to recommend black ballons. you beat me to the punch. Smile
Magic is a vanishing art.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2011-09-21 22:41, edh wrote:

Me too! but it's OK to be beaten to the punch. Black Balloons, I've purchased them from Party City, they have a whole wall of balloon selections.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2011-09-21 23:18, davidpaul$ wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-09-21 22:41, edh wrote:

Me too! but it's OK to be beaten to the punch. Black Balloons, I've purchased them from Party City, they have a whole wall of balloon selections.

Party City is where I bought my black balloons in the past. Thanks for the reminder!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Black balloons will work. However, I like the idea of asking a spectator what their favorite color is, then handing them the same colored balloon. I know there are non-transparent colored balloons out there somewhere, just have to find them. Love to hear anyone's suggestions as to where.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2011-09-21 23:59, nonvpro wrote:
Black balloons will work. However, I like the idea of asking a spectator what their favorite color is, then handing them the same colored balloon. I know there are non-transparent colored balloons out there somewhere, just have to find them. Love to hear anyone's suggestions as to where.

I agree. Let's find the perfect balloon. I will check out my local "Party City" and see what I come up with. I hope everyone else goes on the same venture!

This is a really great effect!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Quote:
On 2011-09-21 23:59, nonvpro wrote:

I told you above, Qualatex. Just find your local supplier. But there are zillions of other balloon manufacturers too, Qualatex are probably the most expensive.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-09-20 22:55, Sammy J. wrote:
I've gone through two bags of balloons practicing this. I just love watching the effect in the mirror! This is something I will do.

I really like the ice pick idea and the bottle idea. Things to think about.

Sammy

Sammy-

You've got to demo this when you come back to the blowtorch...
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Thanks again for all the positive feedback. Let me know if you find a particular online supplier for good balloons. I'm looking into it as well. With the balloons I use, the color of the balloon doesn't matter all that much. I've been doing this with all colors - even yellow.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I understand the color doesn't matter. Being able to offer the spectator a free choice of color is a very nice touch. What does matter is the transparency of the balloon. As I explained to Michael in a PM, I have gone to every source local to me searching for the balloons. Everything I have come across and purchased are to transparent.
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Just got contacted by a supplier of balloons - hope to have details soon. Stay tuned!
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Michael,

Thanks for going the extra mile for us. Really appreciate it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Potty the Pirate is correct, you should take his advice. Qualatex balloons have been the premier high quality balloon on the market for over 50 years. It is thick walled, and if you can't do the trick with this brand, no other will work. As stated the are more expensive, remember higher cost higher quality, lower cost lower quality.

All good balloon modelers use Qualatex brand balloons.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Quote:
On 2011-09-23 10:53, wmhegbli wrote:
Potty the Pirate is correct, you should take his advice. Qualatex balloons have been the premier high quality balloon on the market for over 50 years. It is thick walled, and if you can't do the trick with this brand, no other will work. As stated the are more expensive, remember higher cost higher quality, lower cost lower quality.

All good balloon modelers use Qualatex brand balloons.

Why not buy some Qualatex balloons, and learn a few basic twists, while you're at it? As a balloonologist, I can assure you that making fab balloon models is truly a wonderful thing to do. This effect is brilliant for those of us who use balloons regularly in our presentations. Join the club...it ain't difficult!
Potty Smile
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Michael, thank you for releasing this. I work restaurants and this is gonna be immediately going into my set. I have been looking for something clean and visual like this. Your instructional download was clear and very funny. Thank you!!
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Wow. Just got done at the restaurant... Prepped a bag of these and had so much fun. Worked great with families and people in the bar. The general manager was blown away. Thank you again Michael!
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
So Brian, I have shaky hands and don't do well with sleights. Will I be able to do this easily, or will I need to practice so much that I'll just give up and move on? Sounds like you did it all night with much success!
It would really be quite tragic
if the world had to do without magic!
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
The effect is so straight forward and clean. You will have no issue doing this. It's in no way knuckle-busting. I got it down in about 20 minutes. Did it nearly surrounded. Will need to watch angles. I'm using this at a wedding reception tomorrow night. Should be a blast!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Popped and Restored Balloon: repAIR by Michael Kent (41 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL