The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit. ..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Hey everyone! I am prob gonna get 2 rabbits pretty soon! What are some great tricks to perform with them?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
U.S.A.
15315 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Alan Shaxon Rabbit from Top Hat.

Otherwise, go to http://www.abbottmagic.com and take a look at the livestock area.
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Thanks! Have you seen any of Tora's? They look amazing!
Markgician
View Profile
New user
The Story Circle Philippines
59 Posts

Profile of Markgician
The ol' rabbit from tophat would do the trick, but I hate to admit this but, I'd hate to be the rabbit that comes out from that prop, I'd rather do it the hard way ala t**le stealing. But it is still up to you though. Tora's props are wonderful, Tora's props contributed a lot to the innovation of magic. Goodluck M&M!
#TheStoryCircle
wizardpa
View Profile
Special user
The New Orleans area
873 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
You'll have so many great options. I have great success with a rabbit wringer, a production box, and a circus wagon. Make sure you get Netherland Dwarfs, or Hotots, otherwise your baby rabbits will grow too big for your props.

Remember also, that if you use a rabbit in a magic show you are suppose to get a license to do so by the USDA.

There are posts on this topic about how to do this. It's fairly easy to do.
Markgician
View Profile
New user
The Story Circle Philippines
59 Posts

Profile of Markgician
Hey wizardpa, how much are cockatoos there in your place? They sell them like yey high here in the Philippines. Always wanted to have one as a pet.
#TheStoryCircle
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Thank yoy all so much!
wizardpa
View Profile
Special user
The New Orleans area
873 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I have a Goffin Cockatoo, That's the smaller one, and He is about 17 years old. I do not know what they sell for now, but I think we paid $750. I'm not really sure because that was a long time ago.
He is really, really friendly to me, but will try to bite most others.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
607 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Mullochin cockatoo..... $4500.00 US Dollars
Doves, $25.00 each or 40.00 a pair.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
607 Posts

MandM... if you are in the states, you may want to check into licensing for your rabbit, they are trying to crack down on that. If your shows are Private functions then you may get away with it, but if public, you may want to consider licensing. It is not that hard to deal with if you do proper caging and health care, then it is a walk in the park. but if you are not careful in handling your animal family then it could be an issue. Just another thing to consider when thinking of dealing with rabbits. wish you the best of luck.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
607 Posts

Oh ya!!! keeping on Topic, If you do animal manipulation, Fancy word for producing animals without a prop such as a box etc. then we suggest the Richard Hughes Livestock production Bag, A great way to produce a rabbit from silks. made for different sizes of animals.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
607 Posts

Dang... I mention USDA and License everyone runs away....LOL.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
6910 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
No one wants the goverment involved in something else they can mess up. Once they get involved there is no getting rid of them.

You do want you have to do but contacting the USDA on this is like offering to pay more taxes to me.

Richard

Sorry Chris, you know I like you but I would be less than honest if I said anything else.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
607 Posts

Amen brother... amen. but the best bet for m&m is to use the livestock production bag, this would give him many different ways to produce the cute little critter, from a hat,Basket. etc. with this bag, you would only be limited by your imagination! And don't let USDA scaRE you M&M If you do large public venues then maybe,, but small and private venues, I bet you would do ok without licensing. Good to see you chime in Richard. Working on our project over the next few weeks, should have video for you soon.
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Hey Guys! Thanks for your advice! I appreciate it! My brother and I were thinking about doing a rabbit routine! Starting off by one production, doing the wringer. Making it appear somewhere else. Producing another one and making them both disappear! -Bobby
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5663 Posts

Profile of Regan
If you have little or no experience with keeping rabbits I strongly suggest getting a book on rabbits. Learning how to care for them properly is the most important step in owning rabbits.

Regan
Mister Mystery
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
6910 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Your local extension service or a 4-H club can help you find information on caring for rabbits.

Also if you can find show rabbit breeders (we had one in our area), they sometimes have rabbits that are not suitable for show because they do not fit the conformation requirements for the particular breed. For instance, netherland dwarfs must have certain length of ears. There is nothing wrong with them but if the ears are not in fitting with the breed you can get a good price on them. Sometimes you can even work out a "rent a rabbit" deal with the breeders.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Hug: We will prob get dwarf rabbits from breeders.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
6910 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes, that is best but if they are not show rabbits you can get a better price sometimes.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Ok. Thanks Richard!
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
607 Posts

If you get the dwarfs, then you must get Richards Supreme Livestock production The smaller version( for Fruits) This would be perfect.. I have had mine for months now, and it is very versitle. It allows me to produce my critters ANYWHERE I can dream up.
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Thank you! Where can you find it?
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
607 Posts

http://www.hughesmagic.com he should have a video of himself producing oranges from the load, but this same prop could very easily produce your dwarfs. Richard hughes (hugmagic) here on Café, makes these by hand, and has done a special addition for my loads of 10 pounds or better, works well for my Big Rabbit. just pm hugmagic or go to hes web site at thelink I posted. this is a great prop.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
6910 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Here is he link for the Supreme Master Golden Production..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAmZz3Nv9MM.

Drop me a line if you have any other questions.

I hope to have video up soon of the extra large livestock bag producing a rabbit.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
The Blooming trees?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
6910 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
If you look up my youtube videos, you will find a link to the Blooming Orange tree. Not a great video, just something quick I did.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Hey Richard! I loved the master production! That is so neat!
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
607 Posts

Neat!!!! it is Neato... LOL. I am having a blast with mine.
windrunner
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of windrunner
Dwarfs are great. I have never had a dwarf try to bite anyone. Other breads that I have had tried to bite. An important point: don't put the rabbits together even if the are the same sex. They will still hump each other. That does not look good at a kids show.

A great end of the show rabbit vanish is the Fastest Trick. It is a livestock vanish that looks like a Chinese table. You vanish the rabbit and walk off stage. The audience thinks it is in the table. You return and collapse the table and leave the stage for a final time.

I perform this at the end of my dove act. I change 4 doves to the rabbit and then vanish the rabbit. I know the Fastest trick is sold wholesale by D. Robbins. I should be available through most magic shops. Good Luck
Bryan Blankenship
"the alter ego of"
VanDoren the Magician
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Thanks guys! Wind: Thanks. is it like the vanishing dove/rabbit from tora magic?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit. ..... (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.258750 seconds, requiring 104 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [8] [6] [5] [3] [9] [6] [9]