The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » What's the best street levitation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

E.C. Valdemar
View Profile
Veteran user
Orange County, CA
301 Posts

Profile of E.C. Valdemar
I'm sure this has been asked over and over again but now I'm asking. LOL

Today everyone and their brother knows the Balducci Levitation.. which is a shame cause it was so freakin' good. But I know there are a lot of gimmick alternatives. I bought the ONE Levitation by Peter Loughran. Which I thought would be great -- but it's got issues (it's VERY angle sensitive, there are noise issues and you honestly have to wear a jacket).

Now I'm a little gun shy about buying another self-levitation gimmick w/o knowing a little more.
So what does everyone here use and recommend???

THANX FOR YOUR TIME!
~Robert
Rob-ing you of your thoughts www.themindofrobert.weebly.com
E.C. Valdemar
View Profile
Veteran user
Orange County, CA
301 Posts

Profile of E.C. Valdemar
Wow. No one?
Rob-ing you of your thoughts www.themindofrobert.weebly.com
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
OK, I'll give you my opinion.

There isn't one. Lord knows, I have searched and wasted my money enough. They all have angle issues... if they didn't, you would have to really be levitating, and that isn't possible.

Apart from angle issues the best ones are the ones that can be done without gimmicks and without ruining clothing (shoes & pants).

There is nothing wrong with the Balducci Levitation if done at the right time and for the right audience. If your audience is aware of the Balducci Levitation I would question who you are performing for.

Look into the King Rising for nice spectacular from the side self levitation. I does require prep and clean up though. All the rest are a bunch of hype.

Icarus and the Criss Angel self levitations both require special gimmicks and aren't very practical on the street or in person. They might work really well for a video or in a staged presentation though.

Peter Loughran's Elevator I and Elevator II have angle and noise issues, require gimmicks, and need prep and clean up time when performing.

Zero Gravity has lots of issues: The gimmick is extremely uncomfortable and impractical. The gimmick will have to be hand made but the instructions are very thorough however and it isn't that hard to make. Once you make it you find you won't like wearing it for any lenghth of time and if you are like me you will wonder why you went to all that trouble for a self levitation that gets no better reactions than a simple Balducci.

There are more out there that are even more stupid and impractical...

Steve Fearson's Fantastic Flotation uses a gimmick made from a milk crate to create the illusion. The Wild Levitation requires a jacket for cover there is prep and clean up involved as well.
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
dbriegs
View Profile
New user
NJ
61 Posts

Profile of dbriegs
I have Icarus and I basically agree with misterbill. Don't get me wrong, it's really cool. But it's really for one or two spectators tops, and they have to be right in front of you. I have actually done it for a small crowd, but you must have side cover. A stairwell works well. I've done it in a small parlor show by having a stool set back behind two screens with a gap in the middle. So you can make it work, but you have to be aware of it's limitations.
zauindro
View Profile
New user
Mariestad, Sweden
38 Posts

Profile of zauindro
Quote:
On 2011-09-27 16:14, misterbill wrote:

There isn't one. Lord knows, I have searched and wasted my money enough. They all have angle issues... if they didn't, you would have to really be levitating, and that isn't possible.

I know its possible, cause I have seen Blaine do it on TV. Smile
charliewerner
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of charliewerner
Balducci Levitation is the best.....

even though my bro and gf don't know how it is done... I puzzle why they are not surprise...
"Seeing Joy, Sadness, Anger,Contempt,Surprise, Disgust,Fear on people faces are the motivation of my MAGIC" Charlie Werner (C.C.L)
Frank Russell
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta Georgia
128 Posts

Profile of Frank Russell
I have found it best to merge a few of the best into one device. Use the Wild presentation with the Angel gimmick however with the secret on the inside instead of the way Criss does it And with all of this, you can still do the Balducci if you are not able to do the Wild routine or if it is summertime.
robholland
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of robholland
What about the two chairs levitation trick Smile
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I think the using the Steve Fearson Fantastic Floating gimmick to do the Chris Angel levitation is a great combination. The Fearson gimmick takes more work to construct, but if far superior than the Chris Angel gimmick.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
685 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Elevator is the most practicle. Balduci or king rising is a joke......
robsn
View Profile
New user
Germany
45 Posts

Profile of robsn
I wonder why Loops wasn´t mentioned here yet. If you keep the performance short it´s really terrific! Floating bill, ring... no angles etc. Mind the lighting and it´s done easily. If you want some more range and movement check out Tarantula (by Yigal Mesika). I am using the same routine as shown on Tarantula-DVD just without the Tarantula - with IT only (Fearson hook up). Works great for me but without the Tarantula it is not impromptu at all.

Some weeks ago I went to a shop to buy a cheap ring. Fearson hook up was set up and I had about 15 minitues of conversation with the service before I started levitating the ring "Well, I think I´ll take this one, but before I can decide I have try something, please step back" - You want to see her face ;D ..."Well - however you did that... that´s 3.99 please... but please - do it again! Jane, come over here, you must see this..."

Priceless!
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Quote:
On 2012-08-24 10:30, robsn wrote:
I wonder why Loops wasn´t mentioned here yet. If you keep the performance short it´s really terrific! Floating bill, ring... no angles etc. Mind the lighting and it´s done easily. If you want some more range and movement check out Tarantula (by Yigal Mesika). I am using the same routine as shown on Tarantula-DVD just without the Tarantula - with IT only (Fearson hook up). Works great for me but without the Tarantula it is not impromptu at all.

Some weeks ago I went to a shop to buy a cheap ring. Fearson hook up was set up and I had about 15 minitues of conversation with the service before I started levitating the ring "Well, I think I´ll take this one, but before I can decide I have try something, please step back" - You want to see her face ;D ..."Well - however you did that... that´s 3.99 please... but please - do it again! Jane, come over here, you must see this..."

Priceless!

As far as I'm aware, there isn't any loop strong enough to lift a 100lbs+ individual. Smile

Darren
Twitter @darjames
MerlinCrow
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
56 Posts

Profile of MerlinCrow
I can not deny body levitation is one of the coolest things.
But in a real street setting in which I operate not done.
It needs to much preparation.
When camera's are rolling,
people are less likely to walk around you and check things out.
Man, but in a real street settin even with simple card trick,
some spectators pull you cards out your hand in disbelieve.

Merlin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » What's the best street levitation? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL