The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Books you WANT (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11~12~13 [Next]
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
From last year I'm still looking for:

- Lorayne's Personal Collection
- Sonata
- The Claude Rix book, which still hasn't been published.

In addition to those:

- The Dave Campbell Legacy
- Magic Page by Page
- Trapdoor Vol. 3
- The Nine of Diamonds
- Card Dodgery
- The Essential Sol Stone
- The Cardwarp Tour
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
rocky424
View Profile
New user
Boca Raton, FL
54 Posts

Profile of rocky424
I would love to have 'Mind and Magic of David Berglas', but the rarity and price, obviously, is keeping me at bay.

I shouldn't even be thinking of adding more books to my collection, as I've been really behind at looking closely at the things I already have. But, the want is still there. Smile
highcard
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of highcard
I just wanted to drop a note in here to let everyone know that 'The Coney Island Fakir: The Magical Life of Al Flosso' is free for the Kindle today at Amazon. It's a short book, telling about Flosso's life and influence on the world of magic in the 20th century.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Thanks for the info on the free Kindle edition. Just downloaded it. Only met Al once in the early 60s. He was a much better magician than a duster Smile
His upstairs store was a mess but the most magical looking magic shop I've ever seen. Looking forward to this read.

Larry
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Entertaining Card Magic - Cy Endfield
Scams and Fantasies- Ortiz
Expert Card Conjuring - Sharpe
Effects from the Magic Mafia Ackerman
Personal Collection Lorayne
Reputation makers - Lorayne
Classic Sampler - Skinner
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
379 Posts

Profile of Vincero
Gene Maze: "The Art of Bottom Dealing"

Roy Walton: "The Complete Walton" both volumes

Harry Lorayne: "Special Effects"

Lewis Ganson: "Inner Secrets" books - the ones I don't already have.

I'd like some first editions of the older "standards" too. Especially "The Royal Road to Card Magic" because it was my first book on the subject at age 11. I would also love a first edition of "The Card Magic of Paul Le Paul". Obviously the list of such books could be endless.

Generally, I prefer trying to track down original publications as opposed to collections... So the road is going to be a long one. ideally, I'll end up with the volumes too though.

Zac
"Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell; And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide, To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n" -John Milton, (Paradise Lost)
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
The ONLY book I want now:

52 Memories by Jack Parker

Alex Hui
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
krazykat
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
87 Posts

Profile of krazykat
I am looking to complete my Pallbearers Review, (I am missing volume 1,) and 52 Memories.

Otherwise, I have so much, I just want to read it all!!!

OK, A Book in English would be nice too...
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Every year about this time I like to resurrect this thread, that way people can see how they did as well as post their new wishlist. I was fortunate enough to get most of the items from my list last year except for Personal Collection (though I did get the PDF), Bound to Please, Pabular Book 2 (though I have the PDF so this isn't as critical) and the Complete Walton Vol. 1 & 2.

Been lucky enough to get some other great books this year like Lessons In Card Mastery, Classic Collection 4, Theater of the Mind and Artful Mentalism. So here is my new wishlist:

From Last Year:

-Personal Collection, Harry Lorayne (three years in a row!)
-Complete Walton Vol. 1 & 2, Roy Walton
-Bound to Please, Simon Aronson
-Pabular Book 2

New to the list:

-At the Card Table, Darwin Ortiz (please reprint this Mr. Ortiz)
-52 Memories, Jack Parker
-Reinventing the Real, Tyler Wilson
-High Calibur, John Bannon
-Confident Deceptions, Jason Ladanye
-Williamson's Wonders, Dave Williamson
-Card Dodgery, J.K. Hartman
-Approaching Magic, David Regal
-The Approach, Jamie D. Grant
-The Chronicles, Karl Fulves

I better stop now, the list is getting longer, not shorter.

So how did everyone else do this past year? What is your new list? Good luck and happy book hunting.
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Now would be the time to pick up Complete Walton 1 & 2 while the new edition is still in print. (H&R still has a few copies on hand.) When it goes OOP, those books will shoot right back up again.
JohnIJ
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of JohnIJ
Still on my wishlist for this year:

Approaching Magic - David Regal
Maximum Entertainment - Ken Weber
Maelström - Tom Stone
Williamson's Wonders - David Williamson
Tyler
View Profile
Regular user
St. Louis
170 Posts

Profile of Tyler
Cardzilla - Bannon
nooner
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of nooner
Quote:
On 2013-09-06 16:42, Tyler wrote:
Cardzilla - Bannon

Agreed. Still waiting for that one to finally be released.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
J. N. Hofzinser--Non Plus Ultra, Volumes I & II: In 1998 and 2004, Magic Christian released two mammoth volumes of his unceasing and extraordinary research on the nineteenth-century Viennese master Johann Nepomuk Hofzinser, one of magic's greatest artists and innovators. For more than a century it was believed that most of Hofzinser's magic had been lost. Through Magic Christian's untiring efforts, that is no longer the case. These two volumes, published in German, fill in huge amounts of information about Hofzinser and his card magic, exploding myths, correcting misinformation and presenting everything currently known about his life, sleights, tricks and presentations. Both volumes are now translated into English and are being edited and typeset in a deluxe format emulating the art-book design of the German editions. Christian has also added new discoveries made since the original editions were published. These books will be produced in collaboration with the Conjuring Arts Research Center, assuring that they will be of the finest quality.

I really, really, REALLY want this one! After talking with Stephen Minch who is busy translating and typesetting these two BIG (600+ pages) books he said they will be out later this year.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
That sounds great Peo. Thank you for the information.
Drive Carefully
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
The Magic of Fred Robinson
Jiceh
View Profile
Special user
France
742 Posts

Profile of Jiceh
Mr. Jennings Takes it Easy
Mr. Jennings Takes it Tought
Japan ingenious
The Feints and temps of Harry Riser
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2013-09-12 07:15, Jiceh wrote:
Japan ingenious

Hi Jiceh,

I really hope you can snag the Harry Riser book; it's packed with superlative magic. The walnut routine alone would sell for nice bucks if published as a stand alone DVD with props. But the rest of the magic is equally excellent.

As for the Jennings books, all due respect to Mr. Kaufman but I have given up hope on these. I know that there has been some stirrings of late that Mr. Jennings Takes it easy MAY be imminent, but, it's been imminent for a number of years now. I hasten to add in Mr. Kaufman's defense that there were serious setbacks encountered. I do hope I am wrong and these do hit the market. Certainly Mr. Kaufman has considerable business savvy and has to know that these books would be runaway best sellers.

Best,
Vlad
Jiceh
View Profile
Special user
France
742 Posts

Profile of Jiceh
Quote:
On 2013-09-12 07:43, Vlad_77 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-09-12 07:15, Jiceh wrote:
Japan ingenious

Hi Jiceh,

I really hope you can snag the Harry Riser book; it's packed with superlative magic. The walnut routine alone would sell for nice bucks if published as a stand alone DVD with props. But the rest of the magic is equally excellent.

As for the Jennings books, all due respect to Mr. Kaufman but I have given up hope on these. I know that there has been some stirrings of late that Mr. Jennings Takes it easy MAY be imminent, but, it's been imminent for a number of years now. I hasten to add in Mr. Kaufman's defense that there were serious setbacks encountered. I do hope I am wrong and these do hit the market. Certainly Mr. Kaufman has considerable business savvy and has to know that these books would be runaway best sellers.

Best,
Vlad

Hello Vlad
I'm waiting the Jennings books since 1997. In the magazine "Le magicien", a famous french magician wrote that these books will be printed this year (it was 1997).
Maybe one day...

The Riser book is on my top list.
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
How you guys feel about "Mr Jennings Takes It Easy" is how I feel about "Cardzilla". We have been waiting so long for it, his lectures notes "Cardzilla is Coming" came out in 1998. Since then he has had other books come out so I thought that it was a tease by Mr. Bannon and not a real book, but I hope I'm wrong.

Quote:
On 2013-09-05 15:34, duanebarry wrote:
Now would be the time to pick up Complete Walton 1 & 2 while the new edition is still in print. (H&R still has a few copies on hand.) When it goes OOP, those books will shoot right back up again.

Yeah, I'm pushing my luck with these titles, I really need to pick them up soon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Books you WANT (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL