The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Crimp ruins? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
I have recently been displaying my ability to my friends to deal perfect poker hands, after perfect faro shuffles etc. The only thing is it involves crimping a card. Is there a correct way to do this. I use New Bicycles and find it difficult to turn a little corner up so as it is not noticed. Also I don't know how to crimp during the workings of the effect. I always do it beforehand, and I tend to use a joker so as not to ruin my cards, as when I have folded the corner, and I do the faro shuffle, the card eventually begins to separate into it's different layers. Any advice?
La magie, c'est ma vie
Daniel Meadows
View Profile
Veteran user
Manchester, UK
392 Posts

Profile of Daniel Meadows
Depending on the type of crimp required for your routine you could try a breather crimp. It does not involve crimping the actual corner and so should not interfere with your faro shuffles once the crimp has been removed.
The breather crimp is detailed in quite a few places: I am pretty sure it is used for Darwin Ortiz's "Mexican Poker" from "At the Card Table" . I also think it is similar, if not the same, as Martin Nash's "Infinity" crimp. Does that help?
Cerberus Wallet, Equilibrium, Counterfeit, Deadly Marked Deck, Infamous, Instinct
Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
yeah, that helps a lot. cheers for your help
La magie, c'est ma vie
Sanj Singh
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Sanj Singh
Breather crimp - X folding a card down the middle, has never failed me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Crimp ruins? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL