The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Book of Destiny by Larry Barnowsky (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
It just started Sunday Dec 2. Go to this link

Larry Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Contest ends tonight Sunday Dec. 9 at midnight. Eight more hours to submit your entry. Winner gets new signed book.

Larry
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

We have a WINNER:

Go here to find out who:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rt=30#19

Larry Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Even if you didn't win the contest, you can win some savings by checking out my Christmas special at this page. Smile

Larry Smile
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
The book arrived just in time for Christmas. It is awesomely done with great graphics. Reading it now in between egg nogs. Thanks so much!!
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Thanks Chuck. Glad you are enjoying the book.

Some news: Just finishing chapter 40 of my new book that doesn't have a title yet. Photos shot for 5 chapters with 35 more to go. Hope to have the book in print by the end of the year. Magic with cards, coins, balls, etc. This book will have more self-working and easy to master effects.

For those who live in New York, you can avoid the sales tax I charge by ordering any of my three books from Stevens Magic Emporium.

PM or email me for any questions you might have
barnowsky1@aol.com

Larry Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

My three books, 21st Century Coin Mechanics, Kingdom of the Red, and The Book of Destiny are of course availble directly from my website. You can also purchase them at Stevens Magic Emporiun and H & R Magic Books both on the web.

Larry Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Some news and some questions answered:

None of my books are or will be available in e-book form.

A pdf laser print of Ch. 24 from 21st Century Coin Mechanics, "The Watch, Wallet, and Ring is available as a separate purchase. This is the only book chapter I sell separately.
http://www.barnowskymagic.com/Paypalpaymentpage2.html

My fourth book is complete and we've shot photos for 23 of the 42 chapters. The book will be out at the end of this year.

A new contest will be announced soon.

I will be soon be raising international shipping prices because of the increase in rates from the USPS.

For any questions, feel free to PM me or email me at barnowsky1@aol.com

Larry Smile
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
Any info on the new book- title, types of tricks, target audience. Maybe a few trick names or details as a sneak preview??

BJ
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Some facts about the book:

The working title is "Counting on Deception"

43 chapters with over 400 photos

It will be in same format as "The Book of Destiny" with 80 weight glossy enamel paper and choice of cloth or leather cover + color dust jacket. There will be no companion DVD and the book will be priced lower than "The Book of Destiny".

Effects will include ones with cards, coins, solid balls, sponge balls, crayons, glasses, salt, paper, an abacus, the Periodic Table, Chop Cup, predictions, original sleights, and much more.

There are many card effects that are impromptu, some that use a new deck, and others that use ingenious setups.

None of the material has been published before. There is a mixture of some of my old tried and true effects from my repertoire as well as some brand new material.

As in the prior book, effects will be rated on a three diamond scale with one diamond the easiest. Nearly all the effects in the book will be one diamond or two diamonds. I've tried to eliminate difficult moves and sleights and where there is say a Faro Shuffle or a false shuffle needed, I provided an alternative that is just as effective.

A few random chapter titles:

All Roads Lead to Rome
Nine Shuffle Paradox
Crayola Payola
Abracadabacus
Silent Colorama
Patriotic Balls
Iron Certain Poker
Shall We Switch
Drawing a Blank
39th Card
Salty Air
Hidden Order
Match Game
Color Me Clairvoyant

At this point we are 2/3 done with the photography. Manuscript goes to our graphic artist (who did the prior two books) next month. After that, lots of proofreading and checking before it goes to the printer.

Best,

Larry Smile
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
I just recently purchased my first book from Mr. Barnowsky, Kingdom of the Red, and I have to say that I am truly impressed with the quality of the material and also the quality of the physical book, as well. Crystal clear phtographs and well organized chapters, very well written and easy to understand. It is not so much a beginner's book but thankfully I am already familiar with most of the sleights that are utilized, most of which are explained in the book anyway.

I am so happy with KOTR that I have just ordered The Book of Destiny. I am certainly looking forward to receiving it soon. I wouldn't be surprised to find myself ordering the newest book also, when it is avalable.
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
blackstone99
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of blackstone99
Totally agree with you billmarq. I have Book of Destiny and although I love cards, the non card magic is superb and very unique. Looking forward to the new book Counting on Deception. Any news on when it will be available and when Larry you are taking preorders?

Paul
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Thanks to Bill and Paul for those comments.

The manuscript and over 400 photos for my fourth book, Counting on Deception, is in the hands of our graphic artist who did my previous two books, Kingdom of the Red and The Book of Destiny.

Like the prior books, this one will be a hardcover with 4 color dust jacket. It will be printed on 80-weight glossy enamel paper to optimize the b/w photos. A limited edition in leather is planned.

There will be 44 chapters and the book will be about the size of Kingdom of the Red.

28 of the 44 chapters will be card magic. Consistent with the title, much of the card magic will rely on mathematical principles and less on sleight of hand to achieve the effect. There will be many self-working unique effects. For the non-card magic there are original effects with crayons, abacus, salt, coins, balls, predictions, the Periodic Table, pyramids, and much more.

No DVD with this one. I don't think it's needed for this material.

Price will depend on printing and publishing costs but I am planning on selling it at a lower retail price than my prior books.

I'll take orders only when my printer gives me a precise shipping date. My best guess now is October 2013.

Larry Smile
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
Looking forward to the new book.
Can you provide a table of contents list yet?
Any new contests before the new book comes out?

David
mimo67
View Profile
Veteran user
France
322 Posts

Profile of mimo67
Great, I really enjoy your work ! Hurry up please ;-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Thanks Mimo and David for those comments.

To make room for the new books, I will be giving this week a $10 rebate for Café members on any one of my three other books (21st Century Coin Mechanics, Kingdom of the Red, or The Book of Destiny). Just order from my website and you will get a refund through Paypal of $10. Mention the Magic Café in the comments section of Paypal.

The completed work with photos, text, graphics, and cover art should be in the printers hands by September 1. If all goes as planned the books will be available sometime in October for shipping.

Below is a list of chapter titles which may give you an idea regarding the book's content:

Cards:

1. Nine Shuffle Paradox
2. 15 Card Poker Deal
3. Sort-ability
4. Iron Certain Poker
5. Four For Sure
6. Ambitious Card
7. One At A Time Aces
8. The Trick That Fooled Me
9. Underhanded Deception
10. Impromptu Pascal’s Pyramid Prediction
11. Eliminating Control
12. The 39th Card
13. Until There Were Four
14. Loser’s Poker
15. Prime Number Prophecy
16. Shall We Switch
17. All Roads Lead to Rome
18. Match Game
19. Hidden Order
20. Pascal’s Prediction
21. Pass the Pack
22. The Uncertainty Principle
23. As Many Hands As You Want
24. Oldest Trick in the Book
25. Drawing a Blank
26. Parallel Uniforce
27. Shuffle Survivor
28. The Fabulous Athletic Aces

Apparatus:

29. Crayola Payola
30. Periodic Table Prediction
31. Abracadabacus
32. Salty Air
33. Mind Reading Cards
34. Force To Be Reckoned With
35. Tale of the Tape
36. The Illusion of Free Choice
37. No Lose Musical Chairs

Coins:

38. Coins, Cards, and Caps
39. Change of Mind
40. Undercover Queen

Balls:

41. Patriotic Balls
42. Color Me Clairvoyant
43. Silent Colorama
44. Glass, Tube, and Bag Mystery

Larry Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Doing the final proofreading of my new book, Counting on Deception.

In the prior post I listed the table of contents.

The book will have approximately 264 pages, hardcover, 80 weight gloss enamel paper, 44 chapters, over 400 b/w photos. 50 Deluxe limited numbered leather editions with ribbon will also be available.

In chapter two is my 15 Card Poker Deal which is unlike any poker deal you've seen. I wanted to save this for myself but I changed my mind and its secret is now revealed. It is self working and mathematically based (no Jonah card used).

Same deal applies this week for Café members regarding $10.00 discount on my other three books. Refer to prior post.

Below is a preview of the the front and back covers of the dust jacket:

pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
What will be the price?
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Hi Pablo,

I won't know the final retail price until we get the final quote from the printer which will be in a week. However our goal is to sell it at a lower price point than my other three books or most comparable magic books on the market and make up the difference on volume. My best guess is $45. The quality of the paper, dust jacket,and binding will be the same as my Kingdom of the Red and The Book of Destiny. I won't advertise for orders until I have actual books to ship.

Best,

Larry Smile
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Thank you Larry, $45 if you can keep it at that price will be very competitive, I will get it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Book of Destiny by Larry Barnowsky (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL