The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Practicing Spectator Cuts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JMcCandless
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of JMcCandless
I'm learning The Final Verdict from Bullet Party and am finding my hand placement awkward b/c I don't have anyone actually cutting the deck but myself.

I'm very good at practicing other tricks by myself as I've been recording some of my practice to see where I mess up. And taking a card from a deck is way easier than cutting and having to do other things during that cut.

Advice? Tips?
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
2975 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Find a friend.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3507 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
One thing that has worked for me is to use a full-length mirror, and be looking in the mirror, not at the deck, for the spectator action. Also, doing the spec action with the other hand helps...

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1026 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
A mirror everytime - this is probably the most overlooked piece of magicians equipment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Practicing Spectator Cuts (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.034555 seconds, requiring 22 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [2] [3] [2] [0] [4] [1] [3]