The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Where can I find one of these? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I'm looking for something like this? Scroll down to Chris Henderson's post. See link below:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=203&16
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
Card Shark sells some kind of template for roughing.

http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=......rtID=136
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Chris Henderson
View Profile
Special user
Indiana -- Anyone w/ no life would have
563 Posts

Profile of Chris Henderson
I made mine. I'm a bit confused about the Card-Shark tray. The picture shows a grid that holds 9 cards, but the description says, "This Spray-Grid allows the...preparation of up to 54 poker size cards. I'm sure theirs is great and does the job perfectly.

I've had Café Members PM me regarding mine. It is quite simple to make and all materials can be gotten at any craft store. It just takes a bit of time - perhaps a few hours or so. The longest wait is just waiting for the glue to dry.

MATERIALS: One foam board large enough to hold 54 cards, some balsa wood strips, Elmer's Glue, a deck of cards tightly taped together with masking tape as a template and a few hours of your time.

STEP 1: glue some long strips of the balsa wood left to right across the foam board using the taped deck of cards as your template to know how far apart they should be from one another from top to bottom.

STEP 2: Once the glue is dry on the long lengthwise strips, cut small strips of balsa wood the height of a playing card and, once again using the taped deck of cards as a template, glue these strips of wood so that the deck fits snugly in between all 4 pieces of balsa wood. Wait for the glue to dry before you remove the template deck so it doesn't pull out a piece of balsa wood that makes up the grid work.*

STEP 3: Using a hole saw bit, drill a hole large enough for your finger in the middle of each section so you can push the cards out from behind.

STEP 4: Rough away! Smile

*Hint: Multiple template decks means you can glue multiple pieces of the balsa wood to form the grid work, reducing the time you have to wait for all the glue to dry.
"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"

--Gerry Spence
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Where can I find one of these? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL