The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Got a Sneak Peak at the new Alchemy Moon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
No hints now guys - it is all up and open.
Sorry if you had problems getting on the site. I contacted the internet provider and apparently there was an 'outrage' at 12midnight.
I said you bet there was - I am paying for this.
Apparently it means that too many of you were all trying to get on there at the same time!
Should be ok now though....
...have fun!
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Yeah. The site is great. Really great. So much to see and do, and unfortunately for my credit card...so much to buy.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Absolutely beautiful Gents, the site is a marvel!
An impressive and mysterious collection of performance props.
The Alchemy Moon is full.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Is there any way to get the prices shown in sterling, Chris?

Barry
Jinx13
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Ontario
119 Posts

Profile of Jinx13
Having missed Alchemy Moon the first time and having only read about them on old threads, I am glad they are back. Having had a bit of time to roam around their website, there are some great effects there. The layout of the website it very easy to navigate and some excellent photos of the props themselves. Chris has been great at answering any questions and making sure you are getting what you want. The presentation possibilities are almost endless, as dark or light as you want and some things so open ended it will get your creativity kicked into over drive.

Best of luck Chris and Paul, I am looking forward to seeing what you have planned next...
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Thanks guys - for all the messages of support here and for all the Emails and pms. It is so nice when people are nice! The response has been tremendous. Both personal messages and sales. So much so, that we are out of stock for the Alchemical Artifactum - Unfortunately, I am away from home until this evening - when I will take the Palpal button down - we really don't like people putting an order in for stock we do not have - if you hit the paypal button the item should be in the next days post - that's how we do things on the Moon. So please do not order this item at the moment. The good news is that Paul is off to the printer again to get more stock, but give us a few days on this. Happy Families will also probably sell out by this evening. This will take a few days more. In fact, pretty much everything is selling out - which is great for us - but also a worry, as we don't want anyone disappointed.
All I can say is - look at the site this evening, and we will pull down the Paypal buttons for stuff we do not have. But check back in a few days, we will get stock back up as soon as we have it.
Fhew!

Barry - we made a policy decision on this - as many have noticed, we have worked hard to make the site as Zen as we can - part of this simplification was to only have one paypal button - remember, we sell all over the world and putting everyone's currency in would mean that the page would be full of paypal buttons.
Last time, is was Euro countries that were (rightfully)complaining. We cannot do a drop down button with different currencies due to the volatile nature of the exchange rate. So we have chosen to take the route of putting the currency of the country that we sell the most to - and the US (and Canada) account for over 70% of our sales. However, you will see that we have a link to a currency converter widget on most pages. So you can easily find out the actual price where ever in the world you are. Also, when you order, paypal translates it into the native currency. As a fellow Brit, I know this can be annoying, but the alternative would be a lot more messy. We are still investigating the best way of doing it. If enough people feel strongly about this I will look at having a page that has all the prices in all the currencies - but it will look a little like a stock exchange board!
Anyway, thanks again guys - I am off to make a load of boxes now!
psyclops
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
93 Posts

Profile of psyclops
The web site is very well constructed. The props, routines, and the artwork are all worth consideration (if within your budget!) I was holding off on The Secret Key and Witch of Glastonbury, but both routines have received great reviews here, so I pulled the trigger and included Fate & Freewill. Looking forward to Paul Prater's handiwork and routines. The video clips are very helpful as well. I would love to see a presentation of Cuss Cards Elite (or King). Already own Chris' King Cuss cards, Zoltar and Sanctum 3. Chris, I hope you change your mind about the Elite Cuss card production being limited to just 7 more!

Anyway, best of luck on your latest endeavor!
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1043 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Quote:
On 2011-10-30 00:01, Godzilla wrote:
"And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
and there is no room upon the hill
and if your head explodes with dark foreboding too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon"

I think we need to go down the route of American Werewolf in London and create a soundtrack with songs with the word moon in. My first choice would be Tom Waits-drunk on the moon.
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Quote:
I think we need to go down the route of American Werewolf in London and create a soundtrack with songs with the word moon in. My first choice would be Tom Waits-drunk on the moon.

I'll add: Mare - Nidrosian Moon Sabbat
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Mine was also a clue for the hill to get into new moon,but the rest tied in so nicely for the Spooky... Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On 2011-10-31 12:30, psyclops wrote:
The web site is very well constructed. The props, routines, and the artwork are all worth consideration (if within your budget!) I was holding off on The Secret Key and Witch of Glastonbury, but both routines have received great reviews here, so I pulled the trigger and included Fate & Freewill. Looking forward to Paul Prater's handiwork and routines. The video clips are very helpful as well. I would love to see a presentation of Cuss Cards Elite (or King). Already own Chris' King Cuss cards, Zoltar and Sanctum 3. Chris, I hope you change your mind about the Elite Cuss card production being limited to just 7 more!

Anyway, best of luck on your latest endeavor!

You won't regret your purchases psyclops. Paul's work is da bomb!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
[quote]On 2011-10-31 12:30, psyclops wrote:

I hope you change your mind about the Elite Cuss card production being limited to just 7 more!

No Offense ... I hope you Don't !!!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
barneyfife
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of barneyfife
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of bizarre lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door-
Only this, and nothing more."

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak October,
And each dying ember wrought its Zoltar’s ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow;- vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books of Charles Cameron- knowledge of the last horror show-
For the rare and radiant knowledge whom Tony Andruzzi named bizarre-
Nameless here for evermore.

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
"Chris Gould," said I, "or Paul Prater, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you"- here I opened wide the door;-
Darkness and a Alchemy Moon there, and nothing more.
Always in motion is the future
pilgrim
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of pilgrim
Aug 21st 2012... almost one year later than latest post. It seems to be very quiet at Alchemy Moon Shop site and Forum. And why is that? I only can say that their products are awesome. I myself ordered Alchemical Artifactum... a well-designed artifact/effect. Some stuff to study, but giving much freedom in own approach and fantasy! And that's what we want to give finally... Something of ourselves and ... for themselves! Also easily combinable with 'Stigmata' from Wayne Houchin or 'Ohm' from Taylor Imagineering!
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Well, yes things have been quite quiet. But for a good reason. Both Paul and myself are working on some very big projects at the moment.
You will know form the AA that these things are not chucked out over night. All of my work literally takes years to mature, and those of you with any of our stuff especially the signature stuff will attest to this. So what have we been doing since last September? Well, I will let Paul speak for himself, as he has been pretty busy with all sorts of stuff. For myself, I have been working of two projects. I would like to say that it has taken me a whole year, but in reality the gesation period makes it a lot longer. At the moment I am using all of my time to write up, refine, playtest , rewrite and develop. I really do not like anything to go out without a long maturation period. I think this shows in our work. I really do not understand how some other dealers can just churn stuff out every other week.
So, we are still here, and we are working flat out to get out new line up for October. (then you have to wait another year!). I think a lot of pople here will find the new stuff quite challenging too.
Thanks Pilgim - if I am right (and I am guessing here), you were the last person that I sent an A.A. out too. It is really good to hear that you are finding the special stuff inside it, and I am really intersted in any feedback as to how the A.A. Is being used. P.M. me with your email, and I will send you something that I think you will find interesting. This goes for anyone else who has bought the A.A. too!
I will drop a few more hints as we get nearer......
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
686 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
Quote:
On 2012-08-21 15:31, pilgrim wrote:
Aug 21st 2012... almost one year later than latest post. It seems to be very quiet at Alchemy Moon Shop site and Forum. And why is that? I only can say that their products are awesome.

I was wondering the same thing recently. Although I don't know them personally Chris and Paul seem like great guys and there was a lot of excitement about the new Alchemy Moon, but afterwards at least on the Café things seem to have become quiet. I hope all is well.
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Well... Mr. Gould has just made this jaded individual curious and expectant..
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
I, for one, LOVE the idea of creators bringing out their creations once a year. Gives one something to look forward to. October is going to be my Christmas!!
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Quote:
On 2012-08-21 19:59, Christopher Gould wrote:

Oh my gosh!! possibly the legendary elite version of Zoltar!!?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Got a Sneak Peak at the new Alchemy Moon (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL