The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SHUNT new effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
Naples, FL & Hickory, NC
202 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
Thanks Rus.
Looking forward to the demo.

MB
It takes 4 to 6 minutes for the brain to die without oxygen. I can fix anything in that amount of time.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Yeah, me too....! Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
I'm definitely a video person
Thanks Rus

Don
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Quote:
On 2011-11-07 15:41, Rus ANDREWS wrote:
Hi movieman,

No problem sir, I will send out a demo video to all those that have have purchased SHUNT so you can see how I personally perform this little routine.

I will send out a private link in an email.

It's a great idea.

All the best

R

Looking forward to it! Smile

Thanks, Rus.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
For those interested I will be sending out a link later today with a live performance so you can see how I personally perform this.

Also I just wanted to say a huge thankyou for all the comments and emails regarding this little gem.

Glad people are enjoying this.

All the best

R
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2011-11-07 12:07, MovieMan wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-11-07 11:50, bond19 wrote:
I know it's only a fiver but I gotta ask..

'Do you need to quickly grab the cards the spectators are left holding in case they find something?'

If you prefere, just PM me

Cheers
Chris

I asked this question earlier, because I'm wondering too. Can someone answer regarding how examinable the cards are? I'm not fishing for the method, but if something magical like this happens in their hands, it's natural for the spectator to want to examine the cards.

For those who are anxious about the above point, here's my presentational suggestion:

Analogously to what you've done with your card (putting it under an ashtray or glass), it would make perfect sense to ask your spectator to do the same by putting their cards also under a protecting something BEFORE proceeding to the reveal. Just ask them to keep the cards well squared as to not expose anything to you....! Smile

When it comes to the revelation, let them lift up their glass and push the fan slowly open. This way, the cards are already in a less likely position to be turned over.
And if you don't hesitate to go on quickly and turn over the card under your glass you're pretty much safe!

Have fun!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Nice thinking nicolino, that is a safer version for people worried in any way, although in all the environments and conditions I've performed this in I have never been caught, I just casually pick up the cards from thier hand after the change has happened as I gesture towards the tabled card. This also presents ample time for the minor clean up required.

All the best

Rus ANDREWS
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I picked this up and I have to say I am very happy with this. Very simple to perform and when I ask the spec to open their hands it is I that spreads the cards in their palm to reveal the change, at the same time as I take hold and remove. No questions asked, as they are too baffled by whats just happened.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Can't wait to see the video..

I don't have the required cards as I'm not a card guy but going back to NY for Thanksgiving and going to my magic store to pick them up
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi

I managed to get a quick performance and full explanation shot last night, so will upload and send out a hidden link to all that have shunt for visual aid.

R
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I have a theory that Rus never goes to sleep.

How does he keep coming up with all this stuff?

SHUNT is bold. But no more so than a lot of other things out there.
And what the spectator/participant sees is impossible, yet he sees it.

There always has to be a balance between cleanness of method cleanness of appearance.
We must each choose where we want to be along that balance line.

SHUNT is aimed more at cleanness of appearance. But what an appearance it is.

Another Rus Andrews worker

steve
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Thanks Steve glad you like it

R
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Any link yet to the performance?
Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SHUNT new effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL