The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Cinch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Ryan Bliss
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Ryan Bliss
I hope that those of you who are getting the "device" are still buying the dvd......
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Loyal user
Berlin/Germany
270 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Cinch is GREAT. But I have the little problem that sometimes after the change one of those four m..... falls off. Maybe because I haven´t practiced enough. Has anybody overcome the same problem and can give me advice?

Daniel
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
Daniel I too was having a problem with them falling off,try moving them closer to the edge of the paper. I was also having a problem with the paper after the change, used a small piece of double stick tape and it helped.
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Loyal user
Berlin/Germany
270 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Thank you very much I will try that.
gary31525
View Profile
Regular user
Building a fence with
156 Posts

Profile of gary31525
I just received 'Cinch' by Shaun Robison and it's a thing of beauty. VERY easy to make, absolutely the best bill change I have seen yet. I am still a HUGE 'Extreme Burn' fan, BUT 'Cinch', in my opinion, has all the bill changes beat! I held out on buying this for a while because I have many other bill changes, but I finally broke down and bought it and I'm very, very happy with the product.

Shaun, I know you frequent these forums, thank you for sharing this with this amateur magician. I absolutely love it!
Kaliix
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
696 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I would like to add my two cents on Cinch. I had "Santa" (who looks curiously like my wife) get me cinch for Christmas. Between yesterday and today I've had a chance to construct the gimmick and play with it. I think Cinch is the best solution to a single bill switch I've found.

It's strongest point is that the appearance/transformation of the bill is simple, quick and powerful. The reason I learned the original Koslowski method and then never performed it is that the transformation of the bill was completely underwhelming. Yes, that one dollar changed to a hundred but the slow reveal to me always seemed to lack that "magic moment". Plus having to fold up the bill so small to change it just didn't do it for me. The Juan Pablo/Chevrie type switch is a better solution. Definitely an improvement to the original. In my personal opinion though, the appearance in Cinch is the best version out there. It happens in a instant, is dramatic, eye catching and magical.

You are left as clean as you can be using any of the current methods. This fact is of less importance with this kind of transformation as the heat will immediately fall on the bill because of the flash production. Plus because of the inherent gimmick, ditching becomes far easier with a bit of planning. Or you could just take out your wallet to put your money away (hint hint).

I also like that the whole package is easily transportable and that the subtle unfolding technique shown is very effective in presenting the illusion that the entire blank paper has been shown. With a little thought, you could even turn the blank sheet end over end very casually if desired, though I think that may be over-proving or running when no one chases.

If one has played with any of the bill switches out there, the folding and unfolding techniques will come easily as they make perfect sense once the simple workings of the effect are apparent.

The video production is excellent. My only gripe is that the initial gimmick construction would have been a bit easier done over the shoulder. Oh and the gimmick construction is fairly easy, straight forward and shouldn't pose any trouble once the proper materials are present.

Overall this is very nice step in the evolution of the bill switch. I really like this method. It looks very magical. It's total eye candy. It ends clean and is fairly simple to reset (20 to 30 seconds). It folds up into a nice little package which carries easily, takes up very little pocket space and is ready to go at a moments notice. Very little not to like here.

I think we have a winner! This is one that I WILL use. Highest recommendation.

IMHO, your mileage may vary.
“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.”
“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.”
~Bruce Lee
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5531 Posts

Profile of motown
Nice review. Thanks!
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Ryan Bliss
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Ryan Bliss
I love watching Shaun do it for people. Even though I do the trick, I never get bored watching it done.
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
Thanks Kaliix, Thanks Ryan..
I am glad you all enjoy using it..
Papercrane magic and I will be coming out with a few more goodies very soon

Have a great 2012
Shaun R.
Smoke & Mirror Productions
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
573 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Our frind Kaliix have total reason: I received Cinch and is like he told us.

Many thanks for your review.

Flaconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
macca_accam
View Profile
New user
Australia
67 Posts

Profile of macca_accam
Any Australians out there using cinch with our bank notes? I'm not sure if and how well this would go with our polymer notes??
Kaliix
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
696 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
In regards to a polymer note, the real question is can that polymer be folded and creased flat. That is really the only requirement for you transform something using the Cinch technique. If the bill will fold like any normal piece of paper, I doubt you will have a problem. If not, then it likely won't work.

For the record, I've been using this now for a couple weeks and it continues to be as good as advertised. I did Cinch at the latest magic meeting I went to and the reactions to the performance where very positive with several magicians inquiring about it afterwards. Any lay person I do it for is amazed and if anything, they go straight for that bill. I just love that I can hand it to them or just place it down on the table for all to see.

I think you are truly missing out if this at all interests you and you don't get it. It is really just that good...

But hey don't do it, more for me Smile
“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.”
“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.”
~Bruce Lee
macca_accam
View Profile
New user
Australia
67 Posts

Profile of macca_accam
Yeh that's the thing about our bills they do fold but they don't really hold their folds very well, they have a tendency to bounce back out. I left a bunch of notes in my wallet for quite a lenghty period to attempt to see if I would be able to use extreme burn with our notes and that failed. The polymer notes just want to fold themselves back out (great for a automatic unfolding note but funnily enough doesn't impress many people Smile ). I was wondering if any Aussies had grabbed cinch and if so hey they might be using it?

Cheers - Jason.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
816 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Jason,
I am familiar with the Australian polymer bank notes and I really don't think they are suitable for this effect unfortunately. The bills are required to be folded completely flat and to stay completely flat until the exact moment you perform the effect. I just don't think the Aussie notes will allow you to do this.
TGR
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
macca_accam
View Profile
New user
Australia
67 Posts

Profile of macca_accam
Raymondo - thanks for that I suspected as much but thought it was worth asking. I'm sure I can come up with some other changes without our notes.

Cheers - Jason
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5531 Posts

Profile of motown
The change I like best on the DVD is the one where the bill slowly fades in. It gives it a more continuous look.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
eddie2m
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of eddie2m
This is a wonderful effect! it's especially strong when you can give
give the bill out when paying for your lunch! I get a tremendous reaction.
Its easy enough to keep a few pre folded bills in your wallet.
davidandstuff
View Profile
New user
Springfield, Mo
69 Posts

Profile of davidandstuff
If I wanted to change a dollar bill-sized picture to another or a dollar bill-sized paper with writing to another with different writing (I'm thinking mentalism revelations or card revelations) could that be done?
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1054 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2012-01-25 20:52, davidandstuff wrote:
If I wanted to change a dollar bill-sized picture to another or a dollar bill-sized paper with writing to another with different writing (I'm thinking mentalism revelations or card revelations) could that be done?

Yes it could- as long as you are starting out with paper about the size of a dollar bill. It could be a bit larger than a bill, but not much. And as long as you can't see through the paper! You need to fold the gimmick a certain way to clean up.
davidandstuff
View Profile
New user
Springfield, Mo
69 Posts

Profile of davidandstuff
Well, Hot-Dog! Looks like I am going to get this one, and soon!
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1054 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2011-12-20 05:44, Daniel Ulzen wrote:
Cinch is GREAT. But I have the little problem that sometimes after the change one of those four m..... falls off. Maybe because I haven´t practiced enough. Has anybody overcome the same problem and can give me advice?

Daniel

I was having the same problem, but I discovered that it was because I was hurrying the clean up because I was afraid of being caught. Once I slowed it down the problem disappeared, and the clean up was still not visible.

Quote:
On 2011-12-20 13:24, theoriginalman wrote:
Daniel I too was having a problem with them falling off,try moving them closer to the edge of the paper. I was also having a problem with the paper after the change, used a small piece of double stick tape and it helped.

And yes, I understand about the need for double stick tape to help with the paper after the change- that was one reason that I switched to using a $1 bill instead of blank paper- this seems to stay closed better than paper. But maybe I'll try using the tape- I'm sure that that will do the trick!
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
Hi Guys...
Just wanted to chime in with a few pointers. There really isn't a need for double stick tape as long as your folds are crisp and sharp. Run your thumb nail along the folds to make the creases really sharp. On the filming of the video I added an effect where the paper said prediction and when it was snapped open it had numbers on it. So it was also thought of as a mentalism effect.
As for the little helpers falling off. Two things will cause that.. First because you are moving the hand to fast. Second everyone that I spoke with, with this problem, has been trying to PULL the paper off of the bill. Its more of a slide than it is a pull.

Hope it helps. Thanks again everyone for using CINCH!

Shaun
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I ordered Cinch from MJM magic and received it in the mail today. I "kind of sorta" had an idea as to how things worked but was pleasantly surprised to see the actual method. VERY clever! This is something I'll be using a LOT!
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
ToasterJack
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ToasterJack
This baby is gold. Just Shaun's facial expressions are worth the price of the DVD! I'm very happy with this purchase; I think its more versatile than Extreme Burn and Daniel Garcia's Greed (I hate cutting real monies).
Good work!
fritzcm
View Profile
New user
Bern, Switzerland
18 Posts

Profile of fritzcm
I ordered Cinch from Amazon.de last week and today I got it here in Switzerland. The gimmick is well packed in the DVD although the bubble wrap smelled toxic. Smile

After watching the DVD, I can't believe it would be that simple. Now I just need to "duplicate" the PDF to Swiss Francs. The faded ones are a good idea.

Thanks Shaun! Great trick!
Br//Fritz
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1073 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2012-02-12 17:13, ToasterJack wrote:
This baby is gold. Just Shaun's facial expressions are worth the price of the DVD! I'm very happy with this purchase; I think its more versatile than Extreme Burn and Daniel Garcia's Greed (I hate cutting real monies).
Good work!

"facial expressions are worth the price of the DVD". I wouldn't go that far ! I like this effect but I don't think anything can top Extreme Burn. I just started practicing cinch and its coming along fine. I like the fade in effect the best.
hth
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Ihop
View Profile
Special user
Springfield, NJ
724 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On 2012-01-23 21:34, eddie2m wrote:
This is a wonderful effect! it's especially strong when you can give
give the bill out when paying for your lunch! I get a tremendous reaction.
Its easy enough to keep a few pre folded bills in your wallet.

I would like to keep prefolded Cinch bills in my wallet but I am hesitant because of what the magnets may do to my credit cards.
I am looking for a wallet just for my prepared Cinch bills & Extreme Burn (and regular cash). Does the Alumina wallet which is advertised on TV block magnetic fields?
I know it is advertised to block RF signals to prevent credit info theft.

Ihor
Ihor
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
CINCH is still going strong!!!
Thank you all who have purchased it.

@ihop as far as the wallet goes. I've never really kept them with my normal wallet. I usually kept my credit cards in a credit card holder in my front pocket and the cinch bills in my regular wallet.
Let me and everyone else know what solution you come up with..

Best of Luck
Shaun
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
Ihop
View Profile
Special user
Springfield, NJ
724 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On 2011-11-07 13:57, alexon wrote:
Is anyone familiar with the new Cinch bill switch which is just being offered? It is supposed to use a novel method. I was wondering how practical and effective it is.

I received Cinch last week. I am not a professional but I love it.
It comes with 3 routines & different gimmicks (PDF file on the DVD)
Since I am only an obsessed hobbyist, I am having dificulty with the finish.
When I practice in front of a mirror, I am sometimes flashing "white". Sometimes it is fine, and sometimes it is not.
Shaun does it so smoothly. I followed his instructions in regard to sliding but I still show a flash of the gimmick.
I'm sure the problem is me.
Any advice on technique would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ihor
Ihor
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1073 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Pm sent
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Cinch (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.203038 seconds, requiring 98 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [1] [1] [0] [9] [0] [9] [7]