The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The real mans wallet. (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I had one when Steve first put it out and I really could not get the hang of the load. My main every day go to wallet is the Mesika, and when I'm wearing a jacket, I use the LePaul wallet made by Frank Starsnic.
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
I have to agree that I've also had trouble with this wallet. Although, as mentioned above, it looks so good that I just use it as my everyday wallet.

As it sits below the pocket line in my jeans, it's hard to load without the using the slide. But the slide tends to fall back in a bit after I've dug it out in prep.

Seeing the excellent video clip above inspires me to give another go...
JimmyC
View Profile
New user
Rochester, NY 14622
7 Posts

Profile of JimmyC
Just a note ....I have used this wallet for years....It never fails me .....smooth loading easy display ...never questioned......the very best....I have lots of others in the drawer......
jimmycmagic
(585) 766-8829
http://www.jimmycmagic.com
JimmyC
View Profile
New user
Rochester, NY 14622
7 Posts

Profile of JimmyC
Ps talking about the real mans wallet .....thanks ...jimmycccccc
jimmycmagic
(585) 766-8829
http://www.jimmycmagic.com
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
Damian,
Yes, the wallet does fall below the pocket line of the pants; however, I've had all of my left side rear suit pants pockets sewn so it's only about 2/3's the depth they normally would be. Or, just put a deck of cards at the bottom of your pocket and have the wallet sit on top of the card box. this raises the wallet above the pocket opening.
patrick
HighClass
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of HighClass
Check out Mesika's Wallet (card to wallet). I love how easy this is to load and the cover you have to do so. I post the link here:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S3560
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
The Royal is similar but even better than the Mesika.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Marc Woods
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
147 Posts

Profile of Marc Woods
The problem of having the slide falling back into the wallet is very easy to prevent.

As you prepare the slider by pulling it out, just push it back a tiny bit at a firm angle, the slider then gets stuck between the fabric/leather layers off the wallet.

This doesn't affect the loading, besides try to load it while carrying the wallet in your inner jacket pocket, it works great for me!
MiNDHACKER / goochelaar
https://www.marcwoods.nl
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
Thanks for the tips, Patrick and Houtjes. Good stuff, I'll give it another go.
LMLMagic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of LMLMagic
Aside from the fact the wallet is so practical as your everyday wallet, you have a lovely little clear window that displays things....let's think about that for a moment. If you are handing out a signed card or whatever you load into the wallet, you are left with an empty black background once the item has been removed. Yes, if you made a black slider then it would be 'invisible' however, what about using that space to your advantage in two ways:

1. Use your business cards in the loading section. Have one protruding out at all times for easy loading and
2. When you give out the card/item, you are left with your corporate brand staring them right in their faces.

If you use this as a finisher (and I have many a time) your audience will be desperate to take a card from you.

This idea is not original in the slightest. I just read the booklets from cover to cover. I tend to do this initially then go out and perform it (after mastering the moves in private of course) then refer back to the handling maybe about 2 weeks later. You always find some little 'niggly' detail you forgot about.

Stick with it. It was my first card-to-wallet that I bought. I have bought others and I still take this bad boy out with me on occasion. Great in night club. It doesn't look too 'odd' or too suspicious for the younger generation to carry this around.

Anyway, that's my thoughts.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
LMLMagic beat me to it. I was going to say I use my business card as a guide. I make sure the card goes behind my card, so when you open the flap to reveal the card. They first see my business card, and A playing card behind it. At this point my card is covering their signature. So you can build on the suspense a little longer. Plus you can give them your card as well.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I was the designer of the Real Mans wallet. It worked fine. The tolerances are tight because that is how Steve wanted it. But mechanically it works fine, Since then I have made a lot of other bill fold type loaders and a few breast pocket types.

The latest is the Badger. It is a breast pocket Mullica/le paul combo. It has been well received.

The purpose of the Real Mans wallet (and ALL of my designs) is to look like a normal ungaffed wallet... NOT a prop.

Hope that helps...

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
Any opinions on the O'Connell hip pocket with the same loading idea as his Plus wallets?
jdrichard01
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of jdrichard01
I find the real man's wallet is good but the card gets stuck on the farthest plastic Window edge. How do you get around this?
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
I bought a notepad that had a thick black plastic cover and just cut slides from it for putting in the wallet. This allows me to easily slide the card into the wallet, and the black slide also is hidden when I open the wallet.

In saying that I've stopped using the real mans wallet and have gone back to using the Mesika wallet instead. I like how the card appears folded in the zipper compartment, and its a lot easier for me to load the card directly into the wallet (plus the MC fold is better hidden) only downside is that I ruin a card everything I do the effect but its no big deal, there are still tons of tricks you can do with a deck of around 25+ cards
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
No real poblems when I have a slide....but I would prefer not to have a slide. For my jacket wallet I use a Jerry O Connell, for jeans the real man's.
targetintellect
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of targetintellect
I've used the real man's wallet for many years now. I'm actually on my third because I use it as my regular wallet. Whenever I get a new one it is a bit tight pushing in the card, but after a month of use, the card slides in smoothly. I had a number of wallets previous to this one and I've found the real man's wallet to be the most "normal" looking and the easiest to work with. By the way, for those who like to do the mercury fold, the card is super easy to load that way. This wallet gives you the choice. There are very few "props" that have lasted through my years of doing restaurant table hoping magic and corporate strolling; and this is one of the select few.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
IF you make a playing card size slide out of clear plastic it works OK. My new one did not come with it.
I don't like the business card idea. I never give out a business card unless I'm ask; and then I have a different method.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
I find it really difficult to push the card in one move, the wallet goes deep in the pocket...or the card doesn't go full inside..
If anyone could help me with a pm, or here, I will really appreciate it.
Many thanks.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2015, Juliano wrote:
I find it really difficult to push the card in one move, the wallet goes deep in the pocket...or the card doesn't go full inside..

Place a wadded handkerchief in the bottom of your pocket.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The real mans wallet. (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL