The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2003 entrée: Joshua Jay » » Joshua Jay...a little biography » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Joshua Jay has become widely recognized as one of the world’s most promising young magicians. Can sleight of hand possibly account for his success in close-up magic? Not quite. Joshua combines sleight of hand, non-verbal communication, memorization, hours of daily practice, and psychology to confound the senses with props as simple as a deck of cards or a pocketful of coins.

Josh has dazzled audiences in more than 40 states and 20 countries, redefining the limits of up-close illusions.
Specializing in the demanding art of sleight-of-hand magic, Joshua’s unique style has earned him the critical acclaim necessary to maintain an international performing schedule.

Josh has been performing magic professionally since he was 10 years old. At just 21, Joshua has already accomplished more than many magicians will in their entire lives.

Having won several major awards, Josh is also a headlining lecturer attending magic conventions around the globe.

A respected author on magic, Joshua is a monthly columnist for MAGIC Magazine, and has written two best-selling
magic books ( his first is published in four languages). He has also been published in every major magic periodical and released his own effects including Side Show, a card effect in which the audience see's four sides of a playing card. Smile

A performer for distinguished politicians and major celebrities by night, Joshua is a full-time Ohio
State University Honors student by day. Juggling his frenetic schedule is considered by those who know him to be his greatest trick!

What others are saying about Joshua Jay:
------------------oOo------------------
"This kid is going places" - Lance Burton

"A world class magician-in-the-making, I'm honored to call Joshua Jay my friend." - Tom Mullica

"He is the future of magic, and he scares me because he is so good!" - Lennart Green

"Joshua Jay is the most accomplished young artist to come along in many years. He is star quality."
- Roger Klause

"Joshua Jay is one of America's finest young magicians." - Richard Kaufman

"What impresses me the most about Joshua is that he is a student of magic: he reads, he studies, and most
importantly, he thinks. Joshua is talented, creative, and a very personable young man. I forsee great things for him
." - Michael Close

"Magically speaking, I can say that I have seen his birth. His material is creative and refreshing. His personality is outgoing and energetic... Wow he is good." - Aldo Colombini
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2003 entrée: Joshua Jay » » Joshua Jay...a little biography » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL