The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Tricks/routines using cards AND coins (other than matrix) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Akal Singh
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Akal Singh
Can you folks direct me to your favorite, relatively un-gimmicked, routines using cards AND coins? (Please no Matrix routines.)

Examples of what I'm looking for are: beautiful coin productions, Paul Harris's Strange Exchange (coin and card transposition), a coin magically finding a selected card, etc.

Thanks in advance! Best!
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
"The Mystery of Triangle Island" involves cards, an amazing prediction and the production of a large coin in the spectator's hand. The prediction uses a mathematical principle never used in magic before (not even in Dr. Persi Diaconis' new book).

"Sum-traction" is a mind boggling prediction effect using several mathematical principles. Coins are used to represent the predicted number.

Both effects require basic magic skills and are nearly self-working.

Both effects are taught in The Book of Destiny

Larry Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hi jask and welcome to the Café,

In my Short Pockets download I have a Coin & Card effect, uses one coin and one card...Nice trick to do as you move about. Smile

Also, there are some interesting others out there that I will post here as I come across them again.

Again, welcome. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Are outher Assemblys OK? You know that all assemblys Are NOT Matrix! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Coins Production from Two Cards, from Bobo Modern Coin Magic page 88

Greg
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Also, The Godfather Vinny Marini has several effects utilizing coins & cards, here's one with his handling and from the mind of a magically creative genius. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZLl1Z5uaT8
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
700 Posts

Profile of cperkins
Al Schneider's Cross Cards.
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Thank you marion here is another effect
called crimpo loco no gafs

http://youtu.be/jAGivxJ6VjE
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
There are card coins, where a card number and pip are cut out of the coin.

coin cut, where a coin finds a selected card. Larry J., Paul H. Aldo C. and others have publsihed routines for this.

Doug Brewer has a great routine "Back Handed" although it does use a gaff it's one of my favorite routines.

Trio by Gary Kurtz is another gaff routine using coins and cards, but well worth it.

In By Forces Unseen, there is a routine where a card and coin if I remember correctly they change places.

Paul H. has a routine where a coin is placed on top a deck of card, and vanishes. I think this was called Hi-Ho-Silver or something like that. Im sure it can be found in his AoA books.

I think Ed marlo had one where a coin is placed on a face up card, and the card changes but the coin never moves. I can't remember where I read this ?

These are the few I can think of at the moment.

Hope they help,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1108 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
David Williamson has two great routine in his book "Williamson's Wonders by Richard Kaufman.
"Don't cut me out" is a repetitive vanish of a coin and his appearance next to a chosen card...
In "Cello-feign" a dime repeatedly penetrates the cellophane wrapping on a deck of cards.
Great rouitnes !
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD series:
Volume 3 - The Substitution Trunk Mystery (uses a playing card or business card as the curtain)
Volume 6 - Case Solved /signed coin and selected card end up in card box)
Volume 7 - Coin Cut (coin finds selected card)
Circles (uses ATM card, but a playing card can be used)
Volume 9 - Triple coin To Card (signed coin arrives under a playing or business card three times)
Volume 15 - Voodoo Revelation (voodoo coins are used to find the selected card)
see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-amvZLs_7MI
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
The book "TUC Apreciation" has a wonderful effect using business cards and a coin designed to perform for a business owner to "cement a relationship." A half dollar mysteriously transports for his card to yours and back -- finally splitting into two quarters to represent a "win-win" situation. (No Upper Hand)
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Tom Gagnon has a great effect in The New Stars of Magic series called Radical Rebound.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
ghageman
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of ghageman
JP Vallarino did some nice stuff with cards and coins on his champagne video which I use today!
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2011-11-23 16:39, Bluesman wrote:
Coins Production from Two Cards, from Bobo Modern Coin Magic page 88

I love that production!
obuch
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of obuch
Well there are "cards and coins" in BOBO, it's a great little effect. And you have many possibilities to change it the way you want.

I have my own version with 4 coins, which ends with producing 9 coins and a jumbo, great ender
Akal Singh
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Akal Singh
Dear Larry, Thank you for the suggestions. Your book, "21st Century Coin Mechanics," looks like fun!

Dear Marion, Thank you for the welcome and for the posts. You've got a great one-handed change (what the heck is that? The DeManche change?) I think we would get along well.

Dear Vinny, floored... twice. Simple and direct.

Dear Joe, Thank you. Lots of homework there. The Marlo trick is called "Tosheroon" published in Pallbearers Review as "Card Flight." It's also on vol 5 of the "Malone Meets Marlo" DVDs. PH's Hi Ho Silver is in AoA vol. 1. Thanks for the reminder about the Kurtz trick. Where can I find the Jennings and Aldo Colombini routines?

Dear Lawrens, Bumping "Williamson's Wonders" up a notch on my reading list. Thanks!

Dear Dr. Rubinstein, I watched performances of Voodoo Revelation and Substitution Trunk Mystery! That's the kind of creativity of plot that I'm looking for. I have only 2 of the Seminars, but none that you listed. Do you know of any previews of Triple Coin to Card? Great stuff, as always from you.

Thanks to everyone for all the other responses! All the best!

-Akal
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Steve dusheck has a nice quick effect on his 1982 lecture DVD. Needs plastic playing card though.
Wes
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Al Schneider has something where a circle of quarters are removed from under their playing card covers and dropped into a cardboard cylinder. The coins then vanish in a flash and are found where they started, under the cards. A clever item using clever methods.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Hey Akal, glad you enjoyed the performances. I don't have the other performances on the net, but the Triple Coin to Card is also in my 1986 lecture DVD and lecture notes 3. There is also a performance only DVD from the first 10 volumes of the series ( containing 21 routines), that has the performance of Case Solved (with guest Eric Jones as the spectator!) among many other great tricks that are taught in hte series. You can find this DVD on the 'net for a very low cost, or even FREE. Here is one such site:
http://www.dennymagic.com/products/coinm......ons-dvd/
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Tricks/routines using cards AND coins (other than matrix) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL