The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Beamsly Count (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

krazykat
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
98 Posts

Profile of krazykat
I have been working on the Beamsly Count, but have been having some problems. Anyone have any advice for me?
TonyPorter
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of TonyPorter
Keeping working on it.

;)
Greg Collett
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Greg Collett
Oh stop my stomach... sigh..
krazy, in another thread Steve Beam said this: The "Beamsley Count" (so christened by Phil Willmarth) was originally published in "Magic, The Vanishing Art or How to Turn A Trick for Fun and Profit" (1979), and later "The Trapdoor" (1983). If you don't have access to any of these, the best description of the move along with updates and a truckload of material using it is in "Counter Attack" (2008).
Best,
Steve

hope this helps a little
"He's a miracle waiting for us to happen."
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
So what does the Beamsley count do that the Elmsley doesn't?
poulenc
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of poulenc
Hello,
I just read the description in The Trapdoor and the ilustrations and the descriotions are too vague and I do need some help with que key part of the move (buckling the bottom card with the third finger)
Can anyone help me a bit with that?

I can allways do a regular Elmsley count but at least for the trick Back to Aces (the one right after in The Trapdoor) its much better, because it avoids the grip change.
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2017, poulenc wrote:
Hello,
I just read the description in The Trapdoor and the ilustrations and the descriotions are too vague and I do need some help with que key part of the move (buckling the bottom card with the third finger)
Can anyone help me a bit with that?

I can allways do a regular Elmsley count but at least for the trick Back to Aces (the one right after in The Trapdoor) its much better, because it avoids the grip change.

Start with a "B".
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
alicauchy
View Profile
Veteran user
Málaga, Spain
304 Posts

Profile of alicauchy
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2017, poulenc wrote:

In fact, you can simply do an Elmsley count with modified grip.
So much to do, so little time . . .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Beamsly Count (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL