The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic Page by Page - Patrick Page (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Riley
View Profile
Special user
Maidenhead, England
748 Posts

Profile of Riley
A few days back I received a copy of the new (last) book by the late Patrick Page – “Magic Page by Page”. A big book, 327 pages, beautifully produced with plenty of photographs and illustrations covering, in the author’s own words, “the actual tricks I made a living from”. Also included, of course, are a great number of effects that Patrick sold over the years as a dealer.

Here’s the chapter breakdown:

Chapter 1 Cards
Chapter 2 The Stacked Deck
Chapter 3 Coins
Chapter 4 The Miser’s Dream
Chapter 5 Miscellaneous – Sponge Balls, Rope, Silks etc
Chapter 6 Dealers’ Delights
Chapter 7 The Topit
Chapter 8 Patrick Page’s Comedy Magic
Chapter 9 Misdirection
Chapter 10 Now they see it

As might be expected, the book is full of the wisdom of Patrick Page, written in his usual style. Containing many totally new, never before published effects created during the final years of his life, and favourites long associated with his name, this book is a must for lovers of entertaining magic. Edited by Matthew Field, designed by Michael Albright and produced by Patrick’s family, they have produced a wonderful tribute to one of the finest magicians of our time.

Available exclusively from http://www.PatrickPageMagic.co.uk
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1213 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Thank you for the posting. Just ordered it.
volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
If you've even bothered to read this post, stop right now. Go to http://www.PatrickPageMagic.co.uk and buy the book. Don't hesitate, just go - right now - and get it, before it sells out.

This is one of, if not *the* best magic books I've ever read. It has a massive range of effects, advice on performance and presentation from a master and lifelong performer, it gathers lots of hard-to-find material into one place and contains so much unpublished material, and so many new tips on old material, that make it worthwhile even for those who already have the sessions videos, books and lecture notes. There's material on cards, coins, general close up, parlor and stage, handlings of most of the classics, some extremely practical advice on presentation, misdirection, audience management, comedy... it's all here, written up by the man himself. This should be in *every* magicican's library. It's not often you get a book of this scope and quality, released by someone of Page's stature and experience. It's literally a lifetime of performing, creating and teaching magic in a single volume. And the production values are extremely high - it's a large hardback, printed on high quality glossy paper, with excellent photographs and illustrations, all very well edited by Matthew Field. I've been struggling to find some kind of fault or weakness, to help balance this review, but the whole book is just consistently excellent from beginning to end.

It's a beautiful book, full of unmissable material, written by one of the true greats.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1213 Posts

Profile of rklew64
This is the most classiest elegant book on magic I have ever come across. Plus it seems cool to get something mailed from London, England.
The majority of magicians will never get a chance to see or own this book. All I can say is I got mine!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5467 Posts

Profile of motown
I wonder if anyone in the states will carry this. I'm sure it's loaded with great stuff.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Pageboy
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Pageboy
Motown,

The book is available exclusively through Patrick Page Magic, the company set up by Patrick Page's family. We set up the company to promote and sell his book. That was Patrick's express wish.

The book is not being "carried" by anyone else.

We have kept the price of the book and the price of shipping it at a a reasonable level so that the book is accessible to as many people as people. We ship the next working day.

Philip Pound (Patrick's son in law)
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Special user
Chicago area
850 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I've ordered this and can't wait to read it!
Make your show FUNNIER with Rindercella & Tim's announcements cd

funny pre-show announcements sample!

Tim Hannig Store

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3262 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I have had this book for some time now, and I LOVE it!

If you are a bookworm like me, do yourself a huge favour and buy it.

Highly recomendable!
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
5467 Posts

Profile of motown
Does anyone know if this book is available from any dealers in the US?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3262 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
No, only through Patrick Page Magic in England.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
5467 Posts

Profile of motown
Thanks Peo.
– Karl Germain
Pageboy
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Pageboy
To all those in the USA who are interested in buying the Magic Page by Page Book. we still have a few first edition books left and it is selling out fast. It is available EXCLUSIVELY from Patrick Page Magic the company set up by Patrick's family to promote and distribute authorised versions of Patrick's work. We ship the next working day. Payment caan be made by Paypal and the cost of the book including shipping to the USA is £70 sterling. Sorry about the cost of shipping but the book is very substantial (weighing just over 4 lbs) and it reflects the actual cost of mailing the book. This is the same cost for shipping to all destinations outside Europe.

We have had many wonderful reviews of the book. Some of these are on the website http://www.patrickpagemagic.co.uk
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3262 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I was not there, but I was told that this book was one of the best sellers at the Blackpool Convention.

In the march issue of Genii Jamy Ian Swiss has a nice review of Page by Page.

This is a book that is worth every penny, buy it!
KyleThorson
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
87 Posts

Profile of KyleThorson
Website says they are out of stock for "World Delivery" but not for Europe and UK... that's too bad..

Kyle
KyleThorson
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
87 Posts

Profile of KyleThorson
Never mind! I contacted them and they added more books for "World Delivery".

Kyle
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1213 Posts

Profile of rklew64
This book is so wonderfully written capturing his voice and insight. Thank you Janette and Jeremy for signing my copy.

Also a side note: The editor of the this book, Matthew Field just did Michael Vincent's newest book - Mastering Magic.
magicmaninsd
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego, CA
199 Posts

Profile of magicmaninsd
Don't have to tell me twice, ordered mine! I am looking forward to this book more than any other purchase I've ever made.

Anyone else want to give even more info about the book?

Josh
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1146 Posts

Profile of keeblem
This is a very beautiful book. Very pleased.

Mark
With a cup of tea in hand, nothing is impossible.

“We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles rather than by the quality of our service and relationship to mankind.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

"The only difference between me and madman is that I am not mad" - Salvador Dali

Children's Parties in Essex
Pirate Themed Parties in Essex
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic Page by Page - Patrick Page (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.159367 seconds, requiring 60 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [1] [7] [9] [5] [9] [4] [6] [6]