The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Back Twist by Mathieu Bich (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Back Twist arrived today !
I just saw the DVD and played about 30 minutes with the cards.
On the DVD, there are 4 handlings. The last one (with the Lee Asher twist) is only a performance and a special link where you can buy the Lee Asher Twist on about half the normal price. (10,95$ in stead of 19,95$)

The first handling is the "easy handling". Difficulty: 1/10. Everyone can do it.
The second handling is the 'classic handling". Difficulty: 3/10. This is the one I will do !!!!
The third one is the "flourish handling": Difficulty: 8/10.
The fourth one is a handling which incorporate the Lee Asher Twist. (only performance - see above)

To present this trick(s) you don't have to know any "count".
On the DVD Matthieu Bich explains also different possibilities and presentations.

The handlings are far from difficult (except te "flourish" one).

Overall rating: 10/10 (= you get strong magic for your money and you will use it !)
MichaelB
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of MichaelB
I'm still out here and I too will chime in when I receive Smile I was notified last week that order had been sent but being in U.S.A it indicated my order could be up to 10 days to receive.......... looks like first review is in though and is encouraging?
I'm still awaiting receipt......
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
I will add this to my short review 2 posts above this.
This is not a trich where you have to tell a story. It is a VISUAL trick.
The moves ar easy to master but it is the more beautiful if you practice until you can do the moves fluenty on a certain rythme.
It is the ideal trick to open a card routine or to close with it.
Done with music in a "Jean Pierre Vallarino-style" it is piece of esthetic beauty.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Thanks for the review..Really appreciate it

Don
soupçon
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of soupçon
Thanks for the hint about the Lee Archer Twist discount, Waterloophai I nearly bought them in an unnecessarily expensive order.

This sounds like just the thing for me. Easy to pick up, with continued practice and increased skill adding more and more to the effect. Plus I can do it silently or mostly silently, which often suits my style. I'm going to give it a try.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Is it the classic handling that's performed on the demo?
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On 2011-12-20 03:14, pegasus wrote:
Is it the classic handling that's performed on the demo?

Yes. The FIRST performance in the demo (first post of this thread from Gorecki) is the CLASSIC one.
The second performance in the demo is the one with the Asher Twist.
The "easy" one and the "flourish" one is not shown in the demo.
For me, the "classic" one is the nicest.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
And I assume the cards are not examinable?
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On 2011-12-20 07:47, magicman1 wrote:
And I assume the cards are not examinable?

No. That would be TO good Smile.
I use it in a 4 ace routine. On the table lays a RED backed deck. I take the BLUE cards from Back Twist out of my breast pocket and change them one by one in RED backs and I show the faces as aces.
Ten Ik put those 4 red aces (from Back Twist) in several places in the deck and produce them (4 others of course) with a flourisch on top of the deck.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
The cards that I recieved change in four 8's (eight) and the backs change from blue to red.
So don't expect to recieve automaticaly "aces" !
However it is very easy to make your own packer : red to blue, blanco to red, aces, queens ect...
All you need are some common gaff cards and some stuff that every card magician has.(or must have)
mathieu bich
View Profile
New user
France
11 Posts

Profile of mathieu bich
Just to show more possibilities, I added a new clip for BackTwist, this is the Asher Twist Handling...
Hope you'll like it ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axIMARlCQMk

Mathieu
www.mathieubich.com
a new kind of magic
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
268 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Very nice! I like it a lot.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I'll have to get this if it ever turns up in the UK.
magicplace
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of magicplace
What a fooling effect! We're looking forward to getting this in and trying it out on some people!

MP
MichaelB
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of MichaelB
Hello all. I received mine today and borrowing from Dave/Craig.... "I can do it already". Smile

Here are my first impressions/thoughts about BackTwist after playing around with the cards for a half hour and spending a half hour with DVD.

If you enjoy these packet twisting effects (as I do) and can afford to spend a little chunk of money for a one trick DVD, then it is definitely something for you to strongly consider. I think it is a beautiful effect and as ad claimed it is easy to do.

Since it's not real magic and not knuckle busting sleight of hand the obvious conclusion is that the trick includes gimmicked cards. It appears to me to be exactly what you see in the video - something which is a quick, visual, eye catching routine which you would perform, then gather up and put away and move on to your next effect.

I thought Mathieu's Spreadwave was an incredibly clever and creative trick. I was amazed by Spreadwave both in its effect and its workings. It is one of my favorite dealer purchased effects. This trick amazes me by being able to achieve so much visual magic but also so much economy in handling.

How much I will use it? I'm not sure yet? I keep all my favorite packet card tricks together and practice them regularly. This I will immediately add to that collection. It's not a "Color Monte" type trick or a Dai Vernon's "Twisting the Aces". It's closer to an NFW. I will have to see if I am able to bring something to it to extend it or make it my own for performing. And I will have to find out if what I can do with it and audience reactions I get warrant the management/maintenance of the gimmicked cards. I think it is a beautiful effect though. And I'm glad I purchased it.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Any other reviews on this?
Thanks,
Don
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I looks great. I put off ordering because I'm worried it's 9 cards and up close, you can see the thickness, etc. There are so many changes happening, I'm slow to order. A Wizard product review would help.

Clarke
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Agree Clarke...
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of montanna40
It is lovely eye candy to watch , will be looking to see if I can get my hands on this
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of montanna40
It is lovely eye candy to watch , will be looking to see if I can get my hands on this
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Back Twist by Mathieu Bich (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL