The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Q&A - Scorpio's Message (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
9955 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
It seems that every other week I get asked about the availability of my "Scorpio's Message." Yes, it is still available. It is, I think, a unique approach to the classic Question Answering act.

Here is the write-up that appears at Lybrary.com

Quote:
Bob has often referred to the Question and Answer Act as a major effect in mentalism. (“Audience reading”, perhaps, is a more accurate description of the act, since many presentations focus on the revelation of information apparently unknown to the performer – the Sunshine-Dunninger-Kreskin approach – rather than the actual answering of questions.) The effect is major since it involves, or potentially involves, everyone in the audience as opposed to minor effects, which involve only one or a few volunteers, and are sometimes referred to as “exhibition mentalism”.

The general wisdom is that the most important aspect of the effect is the manner in which the questions are answered or the information is revealed. The method used to secretly obtain the information is considered secondary. The general wisdom, though, overlooks a fundamental flaw in the effect – the inevitable disappointment of the majority of the audience whose questions are not answered.

Scorpio’s Message is the only routine of its kind that effectively overcomes this problem.

The routine requires no technical skills, special apparatus, secret assistance, stealing of questions, impression devices, or pre-show work of any kind. (That is what a typical ad would say anyway. But I won’t mislead you – it DOES require effective presentation. The sample script and information given, however, will allow you to achieve this fairly rapidly.)

The routine also provides the relevance that is lacking from most mentalism performances. It is the element that is critical to repeat performances, and to the commercial value that is a prerequisite to the long-term success of a professional mentalist or psychic entertainer. Most importantly, it provides this relevance in a relatively non-controversial and highly entertaining manner.

http://www.lybrary.com/bob-cassidy-m-41.html

Good thoughts,

Bob
Bob Cassidy
Psychic Entertainers Association Dunninger Award 2011
The Master Mindreaders Workshop
Bob Cassidy Live
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
World of Ideas
3647 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Bob Cassidy?

Mmm... that name is kind of familiar...

I heard that is the reincarnation of Theodore....
Pablo
Performer and Author
Take advantage of the "Xmas Offer" @ www.amirasideas.com
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4199 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I'd always thought this manuscript, and Nick Trost's approach, were dead center into what a REAL Q&A were all about. You don't need anything else, and you are ready to go anytime and anyplace. You drop a dime on this and you can pay the rent for years.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
9955 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Thanks, Tom. "Scorpio's Message" is, I think, one of the strongest acts I ever wrote and performed. The whole thing was built around one presentationsl hook, the line "Scorpio, I have a message for you!"

Good thoughts,

Bob
Bob Cassidy
Psychic Entertainers Association Dunninger Award 2011
The Master Mindreaders Workshop
Bob Cassidy Live
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1232 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Quote:
On 2011-12-18 04:27, ParaLabs - Thomas wrote:
Highly recommended! Smile

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

Cheers
Th.

dead link?
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Hmm, - the thread was there and the link worked three days ago.
Maybe one of the mods moved the thread without leaving a link, ...

Don't know. Sorry for the confusion. I have no idea what happened there.

Th.

PS:
OK, found it!
Apparently one of the mods removed the thread without a hint, ...

The thread is here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=303
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4199 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
"I'd always thought this manuscript, and Nick Trost's approach.."

Sorry, was thinking Tripp and typed Trost.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Q&A - Scorpio's Message (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.124245 seconds, requiring 40 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [6] [6] [2] [3] [3] [2] [6] [5]