The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Where to get Sphinx magazine annuals, not in PDF? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

henri loik
View Profile
Regular user
Near Chicago, Illinois
136 Posts

Profile of henri loik
I recently read a free selection of tricks from the Sphinx magazine.
It was amazing.
I saw that on lybrary.com Sphinx magazine annuals were sold as PDFs.
I can only find individual magazines by month on ebay and other sellers.
Does anybody know where I could buy basically what is sold on lybrary but as a real book or magazine? I want to buy, for example, all the sphinx issues of 1951 in one book, if you didn't understand.
henri loik
View Profile
Regular user
Near Chicago, Illinois
136 Posts

Profile of henri loik
Also, does anybody know if there is a company that would print and bind PDf files and send them to you? I guess I could do that at home but it would take a lot of money worth of ink and paper. I'm sure there is a company that does this cheaper. Does anybody know?
Kingman
View Profile
Loyal user
Willow Spring NC
254 Posts

Profile of Kingman
I know that occasionally you will see this for sale in used condition. Never tried to find it and have not read it, but it appears to be a resource:

50 Years of Great Magic From "the Sphinx"
by Milbourne, Christopher

You will also find bound versions of some issues, such as this:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/5128101

And Amazon often has individual copies that can be purchased as well.

As for printing pdf's, Fedex has an online service that I use all the time for that purpose. I submit the pdf, layout the way I want it then pick it up locally. Very good price-ways as well.
http://www.fedex.com/us/office/copyprint/online/print/

Kingman
I took the Pledge
henri loik
View Profile
Regular user
Near Chicago, Illinois
136 Posts

Profile of henri loik
I will try this. This looks great. How much would two pages of print cost? Time to buy a sphinx magazine on Lybrary! For many reasons, these are better than anything today, from the sample I read.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
6893 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have had several opportunities to buy a complete file of Sphnix but I passed it up. Why? Because many of the magazines were printed on paper with high acid content and decomposes quickly. I can't justify spending that much money on something that fragile. I do have several individual copies of the magazine and even a couple of complete volumes. You can find them from time to time on ebay in complete volume.
Another thought is that the bound volumes (which is the best way to buy them) make it harder to make copy out of them.
I have the Lybrary set. They are good and well done. A little cumbersome to use but there really is not a better way to do that much material.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5539 Posts

Profile of motown
You should talk to a few printers to see what they would charge to print and bind. You'll have to decide if you want to print on one side or two, which will be more involved.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1121 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
You can get a complete set here for $2000. Tell him Sparky sent you:

http://www.odowdmagicbooks.com/magic5.html
Et tu, Spartacus?
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
587 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Lulu dot com for printing pdf files
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Where to get Sphinx magazine annuals, not in PDF? (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.067988 seconds, requiring 32 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [0] [0] [8] [2] [5] [8] [0]