The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The Absolute Best Kid's Stage Effect... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Would I be able to program the board for art-o-magic for a different routine? Has anybody done so?
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Hey Randy - About the Can Opener... I think playing up the repeated Duck funnies helps the routine in the middle. Move it along in a speedy way, don't let it get bogged down. Also, really build up the ending, "If we find a SHARK with a BOW TIE that is RED - I think this crowd will stand and give you an incredible round of applause. Make the child the hero.

One other point, I noticed that I had the absolute best result with this effect during my last show. It was a mother / son event. So, I had four boys on stage and about 50% of the audience was adults (moms). This is the absolute best case scenario. Moms love to see their children selected as helpers on stage. To use 4 of them at once was pure gold. The effect is a little diminished when it is a children's show only, with only a few adults. They are less enamored by seeing one of their own kind on stage, just an observation.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I'd say it depends on the audience. Stage shows for kids might be aimed at toddlers, pre-schoolers, 4-6 year-olds, 5-10 year olds, all ages, etc.
One routine I do which encompasses most of these age ranges is my "How to be a Pirate" routine. This involves several kids and one adult, who are put through their paces as apprentice pirates. There are several magical moments, which vary depending on the ages involved.
Generally speaking, stage routines which involve several volunteers tend to be very strong...as long as the routine is entertaining and carefully-crafted.
Potty
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
For me it has to be the routine I open my show with; which is Taco my Axtell Expressions Hands Free Vent Toucan or my ending routine which is a 3 trick production of a real bunny, using a production box to produce a bunny puppet, and then putting that into a rabbit wringer, producing a flat bunny and then changing that to a real bunny using a circus wagon.
Lachlan Davis
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Lachlan Davis
I would do mutilated parasol.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Thanks Tony, I think I just need to tighten it up and run it a bit faster to get better impact...
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Wolf's Blow Yur Stack, Three Cup Monte (Practical Magic sl--h effect with water), Nick Wenger snake basket, Great Painting Competition (Practical Magic), Wolf's ABC Recombobulator, Barry Mitchell Trash to Treasure, Tim Sonnefelt Tortoise and Hare with Nick Wenger doorbell ringer gag, Kandu Knot Funny and Comedy Box
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Wow!... to have our magic included in this list is a real honor. Happy New Year from Axtell Expressions! Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
It is an honor to have something you invented not only be popular with other magicians, but to have them say it is one of "the absolute best kid's Effects." I thanks you for the continued support, and here's wishing everyone here on the Café a Happy and Prosperous New Year.
Regards,
Jef
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
henri loik
View Profile
Regular user
Near Chicago, Illinois
136 Posts

Profile of henri loik
I actually have a question. Is the EZ hat loader any good for kid shows?
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Quote:
On 2011-12-29 16:56, Jef Eaton wrote:
It is an honor to have something you invented not only be popular with other magicians, but to have them say it is one of "the absolute best kid's Effects." I thanks you for the continued support, and here's wishing everyone here on the Café a Happy and Prosperous New Year.
Regards,
Jef

I believe I was trying to say "thank you" not "thanks you." I must have missed the spell checker.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Jef, if you live in New Zealand in a certain age-and-community group [teenagers mostly] you could use the term "Thank yous".
"Yous" being the plural form of "you", so used for two or more people. Hailing people on the street: "Hey, yous!"
The presentation makes the magic.
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
Quote:
On 2011-12-30 00:31, MagiCol wrote:
Jef, if you live in New Zealand in a certain age-and-community group [teenagers mostly] you could use the term "Thank yous".
"Yous" being the plural form of "you", so used for two or more people. Hailing people on the street: "Hey, yous!"

MagiCol, I heard the "you's" usage when I lived in New York....it mostly came from people who lived in The Bronx. They might have been Kiwi transplants though.

To stay on topic, I get great mileage from Peanut Butter & Jelly.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Yous is also a Belfast thing.

There was a joke that there was going to be a local version of "silence of the lambs" called "Shut up yous".

I get a lot of mileage from Jef's karton, too.

But if I was going to pick one prop I'd choose my hat.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Quote:
On 2011-12-22 12:45, Brian Lehr wrote:
Benny the Bunny routine.

Jaws don't drop from amazement, but they do drop as the kids scream with laughter. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cciDrzeIWGc

Brian

Brian,

What kind of backdrop do you have in this video?

Patrick
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Quote:
On 2011-12-30 12:32, Magic Patrick wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-22 12:45, Brian Lehr wrote:
Benny the Bunny routine.

Jaws don't drop from amazement, but they do drop as the kids scream with laughter. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cciDrzeIWGc

Brian

Brian,

What kind of backdrop do you have in this video?

Patrick

Patrick..i think it's one of Jeff Jones Backdrops. Here's the site:

http://www.magicbackdrops.com/

Ken
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2011-12-27 12:41, Mumblemore wrote:
Wolf's ABC Recombobulator,

I have one of these for sale and its like new in the for sale section.

The price is super cheap with free shipping if anyone wants a great prop!
CesaralM
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of CesaralM
Quote:
On 2011-12-23 03:23, The Mighty Fool wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-22 19:43, danfreed wrote:
they went so wild they couldn't hear the recording (I made a reading theme recording for it).

You Mein freund, need the Cesaral soundmaster. If you cant do vent, this device will allow you to control what the face says and when, give you a choice of reactions, allow you to return to the original recording where you left off at any point.

Yes, indeed. The combination of the Axtell Talking drawing (any of the versions) with the Cesaral Soundmaster is amazing. If you want to know more about this just send an email to cesaral@cesaral.com.

Best wishes

Cesar Alonso (Cesaral Magic)
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
The Soundmaster sounds very cool but not in my budget now, I'll put it on my wish list. I've never been refereed to as mein freund, sounds like something the bad guys would say from Captain America.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
It's the villian in me slipping out now & again. Smile
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The Absolute Best Kid's Stage Effect... (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL