The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » B'Wave With A Twist -- Nitrate (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
This is a thread for reviews of my new effect "Nitrate", a different take on the B'Wave plot.

You can see a trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87SLurNz_0M

Even though there are cuts, you are not missing anything. Only four cards used. Nothing added or taken away. I did this because I didn't want to make it easy for the You Tube kids to reconstruct the effect. Getting a little tired of seeing my effects performed and taught on You Tube by guys who didn't purchase them.

When you purchase the PDF, though, you get access to an uncut version of the video so you can see the effect from beginning to end.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
I was lucky enough to get this - IT IS BRILLIANT!
Commercial, easy to do, great plot.
Straight into my repetoire.
Oh, and its by Cameron Francis.

Need I say any more?

Kyle
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I picked this up this morning and I like it quite a bit. Like most of Cameron's material it is satisfyingly commercial, with a unique story line that works well for this trick. Buyers should be aware that you will require a couple of cards that not everyone will have lying around. I'm something of a card and card gaff junkie, so it wasn't an issue for me. For those who do not have the cards on hand, it is nothing you can't easily find at your local brick and mortar, or favorite on-line dealer.

As for skill level, this is about as easy as a packet trick gets. If you can do an Elmsley, then you can do this trick. If you cannot do an Elmsley, then you can read along as Cameron explains the necessary bits of business at the end of the PDF.

Some may feel that this would be better had it been released as a marketed packet trick, with the cards included. Personally, I am happy that Cameron chose to release it this way.

Purchase of Nitrate currently includes a bonus trick that is equally good, and also requires fairly standard gaff cards.

Consider me a very satisfied customer.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Hey, Magiguy! Thanks for the kind words. Yes, a couple of gaffs are required but they are easily accessible. Most card guys will have them laying about in a drawer. One you can make yourself.

There is a possibility that this will be released as a physical product with the cards included. However I'm not sure if it'll happen or when. Since it's not too difficult to make up yourself, I decided to release it as a download. I have been doing this trick for ages. I knew it was something which a lot of people would like so I decided to release it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
JohnGelasi
View Profile
Loyal user
With just a snap, incredibly, I now have
228 Posts

Profile of JohnGelasi
As a fellow "B'wave" fanatic, I absolutely loved this effect! Very surprising, easy to do, compact, and entertaining. Need I say more? Smile
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
This is another happy and satisfied buyer.
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
427 Posts

Profile of boinko
Got this. Like it very much!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Different from alain nu?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

I was not familiar with Alain's effect before but from what I can gather, it sounds like the methods are pretty different. Not sure about the effect as that was vague in the ad copy. Will keep looking into it, though.
7i7ier
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of 7i7ier
HELLO,
What can I say ... again ... again. Dear Francis ... thank you for sharing your ideas
with us.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Cartemania -llement votre.

7i7ier
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
I hate seeing variations on B'wave.....

B'wave is a MENTAL monster!!.....not a magic trick. Every "variation" or "improvement" on B'wave ruins it.

Sorry not my cup-o-jo. I will keep walking.
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
While I've always appreciated the elegant simplicity of the original B'Wave, it doesn't really work for me.

Cameron's version suits me much better and I like this a LOT! This will be living in my wallet from this day forward!

Highly Recommended!

Iain.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Quote:
On 2011-12-27 06:08, Iain Moran wrote:
While I've always appreciated the elegant simplicity of the original B'Wave, it doesn't really work for me.

Cameron's version suits me much better and I like this a LOT! This will be living in my wallet from this day forward!

Highly Recommended!

Iain.

Agreed!
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
GRRRRR I am in The Netherlands right now and have to wait to get back to the US to buy it in case the time to download it expires. The trailer looks GREAT Cameron and again, this is an effect I will DEfINITELY use!!

Buon Natale,
Vlad
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Tmoca, this is definitely a magical effect. Although you could play it as mentalism (I explain it in the booklet).

At the same time, B'Wave can also be presented as a magical effect. Just depends on presentation and personal preference. There's no one right way to do it.
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Almost any mental effect can be presented as a magical effect. The question is should it? I just feel that B'wave should not even be mentioned in the comparison. Again, just my opinion.

Cheers
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Here's the thing. This trick is only inspired by B'Wave. It's not supposed to be a variation, really. It's it's own thing. The presentation is about reversing images which has nothing to do with B'Wave.

However, as I said, it is possible to present this trick as mentalism.

BTW, the Nu trick is nothing like this, either. It's more of a variation of the traditional B'Wave.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Yes nu is a variation. It is way to do bwave with no gimmicks. But if the name bwave is in the trick name one would believe it is a twist on the original bwave effect. Cameron has always brought great effects to the magiccafe I am sure this is one of them.

I prefer to perform bwave as a mental effect with which of was designed.

Certainly most any card effect can be presented as either magic or mentalism.

J
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

John, you are correct. Poor choice of words on my part. It is certainly a variation of B'Wave. However the ultimate effect is quite different. And, yes, many effects can be played as either mentalism or magic. This is no exception. Change the script up a bit and you have a demonstration of controlling perception.

Thanks for all of your support, guys. Glad so many are getting such great use out of this!
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Got this yesterday. Most magicians will be able to make up the cards for both effects in 5 mins with stuff you allready have. Generally I go for packet tricks where you end clean at the end and the cards can be left on the spectators hands. However, having said that when you leave them in their hands they never bother looking at them anyway! Both effects are excellent. They are very easy to do and have the wow factor. Definately will be using these over next few days when I am working. Very very good Cameron. Can't wait to see what you have comming out next. You release magic which is so commercial !

MIKE DONOGHUE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » B'Wave With A Twist -- Nitrate (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL