The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Punch In the Face (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Gary Barker
View Profile
New user
Tampa, FL
70 Posts

Profile of Gary Barker
I think this is a good example from which we all can learn. We all come from different backgrounds and we all have different perspectives deeply rooted in our individual life experiences. How we express our thoughts and feelings can often draw people in for a closer look or propel them away, often losing the opportunity to convey a message when the method of delivery alienates the audience. Words do matter. I have had this discussion with a professional well known magician who often embraces their freedom of expression and speech with little to no disregard for the audience or tha community of magic at large. While he is free to express himself and many have fought and died to protect that right, what is permissable is not always beneficial. I am not intending to support or denounce what was in the article. I am reminding us that our words do paint pictures, create or spur thoughts and evoke emotions. Realizing that as magicans perhaps we should utilize the "one ahead" principle and consider the weight of our words before we speak them, right them or text them.

Respectfully,

Gary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Punch In the Face (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL