The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Elmsley Count Project by Liam Montier (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
This sounds like a good project. 2 DVDS and only about $35.

"THE ELMSLEY COUNT PROJECT comes the first dedicated DVD set to teach you how to do this classic move correctly, regardless of whether you are just starting out, or are an old hand ready to take this sleight to the next level.

This is a collection of techniques that combine to give you the most natural and deceptive 'bomb proof' Elmsley Count possible. It looks natural, works smoothly and with cards in absolutely any condition".

Video here; http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=48735
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I am sad to see no mention of the Veeser Count on this DVD. SO much for it being the "ultimate" resource.
Official Thread Killer
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Stucky, there are a few counts Liam doesn't cover. He goes over counts with similar grips. The Veeser is done in overhand grip.

This is a great project. Liam goes over the count in amazing detail and the tricks are superb. Even if you know the Elmlsey, you'll find some useful information on here.

BTW, Liam is a friend and I work with Big Blind Media. I still think it's pretty awesome.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Looks great Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Thank you Cameron. Both YOU and your work are highly respected!

Clarke
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Looks very good.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Here is acount of mine I call the roll-over count,i developed this some 12 years ago .
it was inspired by the oloram sub and rythm count
I use this count in place of the elmsley if I am working in na table, You will also notice there is no shifting of the cards , I start and finish in elmsley position

anyone interested in the technique just pm me with e mail address
vinny
http://youtu.be/Z3_sfHbDMso
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Vinsmagic, that was sweet.

Clarke
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Since Stucky said there was no mention odf th vesser count . I wanted to mention the roll over countas well
thanks Zomb for your support. perhaps others will want to incoperate this count with the elmsley count.
vinny
ps I want to mention that the elmsley count project looks awsome and a must have
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Quote:
On 2012-01-06 20:51, Stucky wrote:
I am sad to see no mention of the Veeser Count on this DVD. SO much for it being the "ultimate" resource.

Sorry fella, my plan was to give the Elmsley Count the full on attention it deserves (and I felt it unavoidable to not mention the Jordan, Spirit and Siva Counts given their close relationship).

The 'ultimate' resource bit refers to the Elmsley Count, and not as in 'an ultimate collection of false counts'.

Thanks to everyone else for their interest in the project so far. Smile

Liam.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Looks like a great investment for those wishing to learn more on the Elmsley Count. I can't do too many sleights anymore due to some issues with my right hand, but I still do a fairly good Elmsley and reverse Elmsley Count. Hey....where would John Bannon be without that little move! lol My old standby is his "Twisted Sisters" which always kills, but I'll have to admit that it seems as though the newer the cards are, the easier it is. This "Elmsley Count Project" seems to cover that issue as was mentioned in the video so I guess my assessment as to new cards being more conducive to doing an Elmsley Count more easily is dead on. All in all, if I were more deeply into card magic I would consider this a must have and about eight or so years ago I would most definitely be hitting the purchase button at that price!

Quote:
On 2012-01-06 20:51, Stucky wrote:

Look at the title again: “The Elmsley Count Project” Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
This will be a helpful project for people who haven't had a lot of experience with the Elmsley and it's relatives.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I just bring up the Veeser because it is an actual elmsley just done from biddle grip. I find it superior in a number of ways personally. Not trying to be a downer, just saying.
Official Thread Killer
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Hi Stucky, Well, as I understand it, you can use the Veeser as a replacement, and it looks similar in execution to the 'Paradise' style (Gary Oulette) counts, but in the end I didn't feel they offered as much as the other variations we covered.

Also, I've read quite a lot of negativity towards this project from blogs and stuff - not people that have actually seen it, but I think the assumption is that this is a quick scoot through the mechanics of the Elmsley Count, in the hope to 'cash-in'.

Hopefully, anyone who actually watches this set will see that it really isn't the case here. I did my best to present all kinds of versions and variations of the count, some well known, some obscure, some history of the count, and some real dynamite applications - again, both classic and a little more obscure. We got permission to include a John Bannon trick and a George McBride trick that have never appeared on DVD, and a favourite trick of mine by David Solomon, which to my knowledge, is now in a book that is OOP.

You can check out a performance of the Solomon effect, plus get the vibes on all the other content from here, where the product is reviewed by Craig Petty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkqinp1Fq2w.

Cheers all,

Liam.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Liam, I cannot believe people would bash the project and accuse you of "quickly" going through the Elmsley Count! Ridiculous! They OBVIOUSLY haven't seen the project. Some people...
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Romano911
I'm still relatively new to card magic, and recently purchased this DVD set. The teaching is VERY clear and to the point, and I feel I have gained from it a firm foundation in the Elmsley count that will help me progress going forward. The tricks taught in the second DVD seem really strong to me as well.

All up, I would highly recommend this DVD set. Liam, thanks for your work on this.
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Anyone who thinks this is going to be a quick cash in on a move clearly knows nothing about Liam Montier or BigBlindMedia
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
I ordered it, and I'm looking forward to getting it. I have a decent EC, but I'm not so confident that I don't believe someone like Liam Montier can teach me anything new about it. I'm especially looking forward to the tips on doing the EC with old, nasty cards (practicing Twisting the Aces with an old deck was actually the final straw that made me decide to order this DVD set sooner rather than later Smile).
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of rjs
I'd certainly recommend Liam's double dvd set.

Yes, one obscure version that isn't covered is Gary Ouellet's Paradise Elmsley where you manipulate the count by 'popping the grip'.

You can find this method in Ouellet's book Close Up Illusions (1990).
This book , produced in the era when everyone and their pet hamster believed they could format a book on a home computer, is nevertheless worth exploring.
Touch force, unusual double lifts (I love the Jimminy Cricket double!), convincing control finesse and a lot more!
Gary even does a glass levitation trick (rediscovered by David Penn).
robwillett281
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of robwillett281
I recently bought this and am delighted with it. Anyone getting this DVD set will realise it is not a shameless cash-in. And I am very familiar with the EC.

Well done Liam.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Elmsley Count Project by Liam Montier (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL