The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Question about floating mic stand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20825 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I guess I was not clear, there is no video of Don Wayne performing his invention of the Floating Microphone Stand. If I am to pay the hefty price for an illusion, I would want to see the inventor and creator performing the effect.

I don't think the original turned the microphone into something with a wig and jumbo gag Sun Glasses. Funny, how both those copied on another. Anyway in the original ad, no mention of a comedy bit was mention or shown in the picture on the advertisement.
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
jeffhobson
View Profile
V.I.P.
232 Posts

Profile of jeffhobson
I have owned the Don Wayne version since 1995. I've never used it in performance but always tried to find a routine that worked for me. It does take lots of practice and it really does take - as in most larger illusions - a strong presentation to make it entertaining. I thought that a retro-presentation with Fred Astaire's "Check to Cheek" song would work great giving homage to Astair's famous dance-with-the-microphone-stand dance.

After 23 years of owning it, I figured that if I haven't used it by now, I probably never will. I will be putting mine up for sale on Surplus Magic Exchange page via Facebook shortly if anyone is interested. Cheers. -jh
The Hilarious Host of Las Vegas!
VISIT my magic shop: www.HobsonsChoiceMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Question about floating mic stand (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL