The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Cheap Two Inch Billiard Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
c4rlito
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of c4rlito
Personally I find these incredibly difficult to manipulate. The material makes it very difficult to palm. I also find flourishes tricky. The material really isn't the best.
Best Regards,
Matthew McGurk
British Magical Champion
https://www.matthewmcgurk.com
https://www.mymagiccourse.com/
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Really Matthew? You mean the 2 inch soft rubber balls or the J/L? These 2 inch soft rubber balls are a breeze to use! The best set I have! I have no problem with vanishes, appearances and the change-over palm is just superb! For my tiny hands, these things just ROCK!

The shells match perfectly, and if you don't stand in front of a light source, I find you don't need to paint or do anything else to them. At a local fund raiser, I found four dark blue balls (with advertising on them) that are the exact same size and material! I was told to take as many as I want. I took four.

Color changes are so easy with these, now. Even in the shell, the dark blue does not darken the shell. Man! I am so happy with these...I originally bought them to practice with, to get my hands nimble to do the Ireland Golf Ball Routine. Heck, I could just use these to perform with instead!

I love 'em! Thank you to Bill for bringing these here! I would never have gone to eBay for anything magic! I am SO glad I did! Smile

Doug
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2012-03-03 19:57, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Doug, try rolling the ball out of the gimmick and then to the next fingers, it is super easy.

I just got another set last Thursday.

I just found another site that has them in white, I will try the ordering process and report back on the process.

Bill, where did you find the white set of balls? Also, were they 2" size?
Thanks,
Bill #2
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The white sets are only offered hit and miss from the China listing on EBay. They had them, then They either sold all of them or took them down when I went back to order. Yes, they were in both sizes 1.5" and 2".

I did find them at another listing site, sort of combined China sales site, still supper inexpensive. Unfortunately, I lost the web address and will have to search again. Can't keep nothing on these computer when it comes to trying to save web address. I lost them trying to transfer my favorites listings. Said it could not transfer some, and it was the magic sites for China.

Dougini, thanks for the comment, you are welcome.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Bill, the 2" white balls are back up on the not to be mentioned website. what happened to your pm? pm me...
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Does anyone make a billiard ball like the old stilwell silk ball, without the h...? I guess they would be simple to make on your own.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-02-23 16:10, spartacus wrote:
Does anyone make a billiard ball like the old stilwell silk ball, without the h...? I guess they would be simple to make on your own.

Yes, Rice Silk King Studio has one that goes with their Douglas 20th Century Silks.
http://www.silkkingmagic.com/Rice's%20D......tury.htm
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I just bought a set of the soft 2" red balls on ebay. Took about 10 days to arrive from China. Total cost with shipping: $11.75
Guess what? I really, really like them!!! By no means perfect, but they do have some advantages over my Fakini balls. Even like the bright red color.
I just bought the set for the heck of it, not being completely sure if I would even receive the order, but for the price I didn't really care a whole lot. I really wasn't expecting to like these balls and figured they'd end up being cat toys. But not only did I receive them, SURPRISE!!!! I really like them a LOT.
May use these rather than my Fakini's. I never thought I would say that about any set of balls.
I realize they are not for everyone and you may not like them, and I will have to make the shell more opaque, but so far I am loving them!!!
Sorry kitties, but daddy is keeping these to himself!
Nice find Hegbli!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Yeah, I am so thankful I took Bill's advice, myself! The shell is no problem. A thin piece of red felt works great! These rubber balls...almost the same as the Ireland Golf Balls in feel. I found the dark blue balls to fit perfectly, and hope I can find something to take the advertising off, and not hurt the finish.

Man...what a find for SURE! Smile

Doug
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I have two sets of the China balls to get rid of. Too slippery for me. I'm went for the 1 3/4 gorilla grips, I need balls I can hold onto.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-03-15 16:18, spartacus wrote:
I have two sets of the China balls to get rid of. Too slippery for me. I'm went for the 1 3/4 gorilla grips, I need balls I can hold onto.

Just to be clear, Spartacus balls are not the balls this forum is discussing. He got the silicon balls with a soft plastic shell, that bends and collapses when used in performance.

I almost got stuck with phoney silicon balls from a U.S. dealer, but his advertising was totally false saying they came with brass shells when they had soft plastic shells.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2013-03-15 16:57, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-15 16:18, spartacus wrote:
...I need balls I can hold onto.

Just to be clear, Spartacus balls are not the balls this forum is discussing...

ROFLMFAO!!! BWAHHH ha ha hahahahaaa! (wiping tears) OMG! I know that's not what you meant...but...a-hoohooo! You just KILLED me with that! Man...unintentional humor is the best!

I started back in the 70's with the 1 3/4" red wooden balls from Germany, three to a pack w/shell. I am considering getting a set soon. I was good with those. They were like, $10. Maybe get a couple sets.

Bill already gave us a review of the Chinese red 1 3/4 rubber balls. 2 inches is just HUGE for my fingers. They're good for practice though! For a stage performace they are PERFECT!

Doug
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just wanted to let those that purchased the Soft Rubber Red and White Balls in 5cm (2") size, they now have listed Green and Yellow Billiard Ball set in 5cm size, so it is now possible to do color changes as well.

I only noticed that the 4cm (1-3/4") size, they only list Pink as a new color available.

So if you want to expand your Billiard Ball routines, now is the time to order.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Cheap Two Inch Billiard Balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL