The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bionik By David Penn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Launching and available from Blackpool February 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHkQ-Dziy......ure=plcp

David will be giving full demonstrations at Blackpool and also openly showing the gimmick and mechanics behind the effect.
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
The demo looks really bad. Not very good. To meny cuts. For two guys that allways put down bad demos and then Davids is one of the worst ones. We all know there is a gimmick so whats the big deal. I will wait for reviews.
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
There is little point showing a WHOLE routine during a trailer, call me old school, but if you show the whole thing, it leaves very little to your imagination. Do you not remember the days of mail order when all you had to go by was the ad copy? I even remember the early days of internet shopping, when items did not even HAVE trailers. On that note, it IS a trailer. A trailer, by definition is a short promotional film composed of clips showing highlights of a 'movie' due for release in the near future. In the case of Magic, 'movie' is obviously replaced with 'effect'. Of course, if the trailer showed things happening that could NOT be done with the sold item, then it would be a 'bad' or misleading trailer.

If you do Metal Bending, this will be a great addition to your routine, and also give you the ability do manipulate different items/parts of items.

Dave showed this to some top magicians at the Session Convention and fooled the hell out of them. Just read the quotes from the likes of Alex Pandrea and Eric Jones.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1487 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Not for me thanks
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
815 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
It has to be a similar gimmick to Coinvexed 2.0 (Which I think is fantastic by the way!)to get that angle of bend and make it so clean. I do like the look of it and will check it out at Blackpool before ordering as it ain't cheap!
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
The gimmick is NOT in your hand, Raymond (nor up your sleeve, before anyone suggests!)
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
815 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Quote:
On 2012-01-30 07:37, MarcLavelle wrote:
The gimmick is NOT in your hand, Raymond (nor up your sleeve, before anyone suggests!)

Hmmmmm... (whilst rubbing chin with thumb and forefinger...) Interesting, Very interesting...
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Don't take it the wroung way. I love most of what David puts out. I love my Coinvexed 2.0. But before I dish out that kind of cash I would like to see a better video or see some good reviews. I can put out a demo showing you a bent knife and then send you a pair of pliers.
SmithMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of SmithMagicMan
Lol
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On 2012-01-30 10:52, nowyoucme wrote:
Don't take it the wroung way. I love most of what David puts out. I love my Coinvexed 2.0. But before I dish out that kind of cash I would like to see a better video or see some good reviews. I can put out a demo showing you a bent knife and then send you a pair of pliers.

Totally agree, but surely that method would have been spotted? Smile Feel free to come see Dave at Blackpool!

It is the same Straight Knife, that the spectator signs, that bends.
SmithMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of SmithMagicMan
Surely you could do the same effect with a coinvexed gimmick and misdirection?
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
573 Posts

Profile of Falconer
In my opinion, the clip don`t show clearly the total performance of the great magican Dadid Penn in his Bionik.

I love this the kind of effects that use a common object, especially for those working in restaurants!

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
2487 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Someone hare on the Café has been using the Osterlind 'in the palm' method for bending knives...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

I wonder how this compares to Bionic?
Scotland - proud hosts of the 2014 Commonwealth Games
SmithMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of SmithMagicMan
I doubt Bionik will be bought as much as coinvexed was. I think DP is a great guy, but the trailer hasn't convinced me :/
magik1
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of magik1
Is this the old belt gimmick?
TAJ
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of TAJ
Pass
Waterloophai
View Profile
Special user
Belgium
796 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On 2012-02-03 18:21, magik1 wrote:
Is this the old belt gimmick?

Could be.
Like the bending glass was also a very old idea of Ted Lesley.
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
I know a few people who have been doing this for quite a while now, not utilizing this gimmick
TAJ
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of TAJ
Alternative free routine: http://youtu.be/tyno3utV1hQ
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
David Penn is an amazing performer. If you watch his lecture dvd, he is VERY talented. And since he invented this, he probably uses it and should release it so he's credited.

I won't order it and will say why. I watched the trailer a few times and don't see anything to get that excited about. You can knock people out doing this with a spoon ( signed like the knife ) and no gimmick. You can knock them out with a borrowed, signed coin and use no gimmick ( with a switch ) or one of the Sharpie gimmicks.

If you have no experience with any bending of any sorts and saw the ad, I guess you'd be interested. But if that's the case, where would someone like that use this? I say that because they probably aren't performing in venues. Most everything released is bought by people that magic is strictly a hobby. They could buy it to use in their home for guests. But it would be easier and far less expensive to learn a spoon or fork bend.

The 'endorsements' made me laugh. Maybe if James Randi gave one, I'd listen. But friends, who you will not see using this in their professional work?

The endorsements didn't even make sense: "James Bond would be proud". Quick, let me hit the order button. lol.

I'm sure it does what it claims. I'm sure people will buy it and say great things. And then they'll sell it. Not because it isn't great, but because there are far less expensive ways to bend spoon and forks with no gimmicks that amaze people as well as the knife.
shouksmiths
View Profile
Regular user
York, England
115 Posts

Profile of shouksmiths
I had to laugh when I saw the ad... All moody and mysterious. And then pitching it as if the idea of bending a knife is some incredible new breakthrough

'From the mind of David Penn'...'and I thought if I could bend a fork why not a knife.''

Sorry. I'm sure the method is very clever and David is good magician but sometimes we take ourselves a little too seriously. ;-)
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Not liking it at all. Here sign my knife, look its bent. You can keep it if you want. ( Laymen ) look guys I got a bent knife from David ( WoW ) Laymens friends. Big deal you now have a Fu__ up knife. Na not for me.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3593 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Quote:
On 2012-02-04 10:18, nowyoucme wrote:
Not liking it at all. Here sign my knife, look its bent. You can keep it if you want. ( Laymen ) look guys I got a bent knife from David ( WoW ) Laymens friends. Big deal you now have a Fu__ up knife. Na not for me.

You could say that about any metal bending. Coin, spoon, fork, key.
As in all things presentation is everything.

Steve
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
1866 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I have coinvexed, will not be buying this or any other Penn product. You know what they "live by the sword...."
David43
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of David43
Quote:
On 2012-02-04 12:47, J M Talbot wrote:
I have coinvexed, will not be buying this or any other Penn product. You know what they "live by the sword...."

Yes JM, David Penn - "live by the sword die by the sword". An ancient saying but perfectly apt for this time.
I Put a Spell On You
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
1866 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Mr. Marko
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Mr. Marko
I agree with the above posts. Not interested. Won't buy.
SmithMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of SmithMagicMan
Tis sad that they have to edit these topics - Alan Rorrison had some really good points.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
2535 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I still cant believe they are charging 130 bucks for it.
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
248 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Not for me as I'm not really in to metal bending, at least not yet. Saying that I am saving up to buy Coinvexed 2 the sharpie edition. Wish the prices were a little lower but I suppose you get what you pay for.

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bionik By David Penn (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.301759 seconds, requiring 86 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [2] [1] [3] [1] [0] [9] [6] [1]