The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bionik By David Penn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Yep - I have mentioned the rather large wrist band he is wearing in a previous post. Could be wrong of course - pure speculation on my part. However, he is wearing it in ALL of the demo's shown on the trailer....
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
That wrist sees a lot of action on a daily basis. I'm guessing it's some sort of orthopaedic support...

;)
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
Quote:
Interesting effect. Can probably play well after Dobson's "Knife Trough Coat" routine.

Actually, your mistaken. Knife Through Coat is a Jeff McBride routine.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2012-02-09 11:14, tomsk192 wrote:
That wrist sees a lot of action on a daily basis. I'm guessing it's some sort of orthopaedic support...

;)

That's even funnier!
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Quote:
On 2012-02-09 11:32, ku7uk3 wrote:
Quote:
Interesting effect. Can probably play well after Dobson's "Knife Trough Coat" routine.

Actually, your mistaken. Knife Through Coat is a Jeff McBride routine.

So who's routine is 'Knife Through Recorded Phone Messages'?
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
I wonder if the mods can take a look through this thread and delete any and all references to the Penn/Petty/Dobson/McBride incident.

As far as I recall we're no longer supposed to be posting about it on the Café and these are clearly indirect posts about the matter. I say this as...

1) that's not respecting Steve Brooks' wishes and
2) some people may actually want to discuss this product and review it etc.

By all means people, say you don't want to buy it if it's not for you, that's all part of the discussion, but can we stop with the jibes, like Mr Brooks said this is only going to go away if we stop discussing it (or words to that effect...)

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I second!!!
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-02-09 15:11, *double-A-magic* wrote:
I wonder if the mods can take a look through this thread and delete any and all references to the Penn/Petty/Dobson/McBride incident.

They can do that, of course -- but the problem's been reported and no action's been taken.

It's a shame. It reminds of standing in a junior high-school hallway while an unpopular kid walks past -- some kids have to show how cool they are by making childish remarks and giggling behind their hands.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2012-02-09 15:11, *double-A-magic* wrote:

As far as I recall we're no longer supposed to be posting about it on the Café and these are clearly indirect posts about the matter. I say this as...

1) that's not respecting Steve Brooks' wishes and
2) some people may actually want to discuss this product and review it etc.

By all means people, say you don't want to buy it if it's not for you, that's all part of the discussion, but can we stop with the jibes, like Mr Brooks said this is only going to go away if we stop discussing it (or words to that effect...)

AA

Okay - I'll quit - but its the nature of the beast I'm afraid. Biggest hoo-hah we've had for ages! Whenever Penn's name crops up - it will undoubtedly stir up some memories!

But you're right! It shouldn't be for here.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I agree. Show some respect!

Click here to view attached image.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
For crying out loud, Lighten up.

We don't all have to be serious, sometimes a little levity to a conversation is welcoming and entertaining to read. Were not talking about the actual problem, were making jokes and having fun.

If you don't want to read them, then don't. But don't start complaining just to ruin other people's fun.

On that note...

David likes to take something long and hard and make it bend upwards, with a little bit of wrist action. Inuendo jokes write themselves into the act!
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-02-09 19:31, ku7uk3 wrote:
David likes to take something long and hard and make it bend upwards, with a little bit of wrist action. Inuendo jokes write themselves into the act!

I take it all back. The humor here is mature and sophisticated.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2012-02-09 16:18, FrenchDrop wrote:
It's a shame. It reminds of standing in a junior high-school hallway while an unpopular kid walks past -- some kids have to show how cool they are by making childish remarks and giggling behind their hands.

Somebody send that poor kid a S.A.M. membership application, now.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
They say the Penn is mighter than the sword.

I think this trick is evidence to that fact, in every sense of the word.
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
I why does David call it a knife? Surely for him its his version of a credit card.
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
I'm sorry, I admit it - that Penn joke was a bit Petty.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-02-07 18:20, simcoscor wrote:
Interesting effect. Can probably play well after Dobson's "Knife Through Coat" routine.

Intrigued by the magic with knives? Well, some of you might be interested in THIS
The (most) interesting part starts approx at 2:15… Well, the first 2 minutes also give food for thought…

Squeak! Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Genius Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2012-02-09 20:40, simcoscor wrote:
Well, some of you might be interested in THIS

Yes, yes, yes! Wow - now there's an entertaining routine! That just happens to have a bit of a magic trick as a bonus. Awesome. Thanks for posting.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Yep, Dobson's one magician who knows funny.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bionik By David Penn (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL