The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Piedrahita, Denzel Washington, Ryan Reynold. One silver, one china. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

15tahures
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of 15tahures
Very interesting routine. China coin and silver coin.

http://luispiedrahita.com/blog/archives/4466
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
It took me awhile but I believe I have seen this gaff before but can't remember where. Does anybody know?
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
671 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
That is Todd's work.
TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
Yes I would love to know as well.
TJ Halford

"Imagine what is Possible"
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Elite user
422 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
Todd's latest China Bit with infinity edge! Brilliant work by Luis!
jedoonatmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
FL/residing temp. TX
227 Posts

Profile of jedoonatmagic
That's some awesome work done on those coins. And I always enjoy watching Luis perform. I wish I could be more creative with coins as he is. Love the turtle Smile
One for the money...., 2 for a pass..., 3 for a Fly..., and 4 for matrix!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Indeed that is the case. He turns a gaff into magic, fantastic.
Chris W
View Profile
Regular user
Have you seen my
176 Posts

Profile of Chris W
Loved it. Was not expecting the last part.
jearnshaw
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of jearnshaw
Wow... magic.
BarryTX
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of BarryTX
Mas bueno!! Muy fantastico!

Or something like that - it was absolutely great!

Barry
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6729 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
That's real magic and the magic is not in the (apparently superb) gaffing of the coins. Congratulations to Luis. Great routine, great showmanship, great performance.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
776 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
He is one of the best performers with coins. I enjoy every video that comes out with him in it. His showmanship is top notch, and his creative ability is out of this world! Makes me want to call Lassen right now and buy a China Bit in Dollar size!!! AH!!!
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Elite user
422 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
"That's real magic and the magic is not in the (apparently superb) gaffing of the coins. "

Why would you say that? Can't resist another in your long history of thinly veiled jabs at Lassen?

Although I totally agree that this routine is purely magical, maybe one of the most visual I have EVER seen and wonderfully routined, I have to totally disagree with Lawrence. As usual.

The superb gaffing of the coins is also extremely magical, as there may not be a single person on the planet that knows how he does it. Not even Lawrence almighty. By watching the routine, you can see that the infinity edge is totally key in the making of this real magic, without it none of this would be possible. Luis himself has stated that Lassen's coins were inspirational in his routining.

The confidence exuded when owning one of these rare jewels is also magical.

So what is your jaded definition of "real" magic Lawrence and why make these distinctions between what is real magic and what is not, if not just another of your personal agenda?
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
2969 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Yow! Can't we just enjoy good magic no matter how it's done? I believe Lawrence O's point was clear: the magic is due to the performer, no matter what he does or uses to achieve it. No jabbing there.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Elite user
422 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
Not buying that with his track record. I was told that he single-handedly ruined the relationship between Xavier Belmont and Lassen. This is not just some idle commentary, he has been well known for taking away from Lassen at every chance, and this is no exception. I'm really quite bored of his antics and thus the reason for my post. Let Lawrence explain also about the stock market and junk bonds if he continues.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
776 Posts

Poly...you know I have a few Lassen sets which I love...what exactly though is the infinity edge?
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Elite user
422 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
Lassen somehow miters the copper and silver insert coin together, so that it shows an entirely copper edge from the copper side. This is entirely different than other gaffmakers, where the half silver, half copper join can clearly be seen at the edge and would make this type of close-up performance impossible with such large coins. He uses the same process in making his CSB shells, so that there is no added thickness to the gaffus. The entire CSB gaff is the same thickness as a normal dollar or half dollar, with full silver edge showing from the silver side.

I don't want to steer away any more kudos to Luis in this thread, so I will shut and go away now. Lawrence just irks me and there is no reason to say there is no magic in the superb gaffed coins..whatever. Cheap shot.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1776 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2012-02-03 10:00, Lawrence O wrote:
Congratulations to Luis. Great routine, great showmanship, great performance.

I agree, but also must mention the audience management. Denzel went after those coins after the first phase. Luis handled it like a pro. After that, the guys were blown away by the visual changes and didn't try to interfere again. Wonderful stuff!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague

When the Docs give your wife 18 months to live and it has been 12 years, that is a miracle!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I think that's a good point Sammy and noticed that moment as well. I do wonder about the angles on some of Luis's routines for the people standing at the table but he sure is an amazing performer.
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Have seen that silver cup advertised somewhere...

John
Nothing is better than more.
15tahures
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of 15tahures
Xcath: I saw it live. There are not angles for the audience, (not more than another regular coin effect) He has a very clever way to drop the stuff.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
7664 Posts

Profile of harris
Loved the turtle...and the stick....

no not turtle on a stick...

and most of all his joy in sharing coin magic.

Joy is contagious in any language.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
776 Posts

Anyone know where I can find a cup like that? Ive looked all over for shot cups that match that size to no luck!
15tahures
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of 15tahures
Troper: This cup is very easy to find in a cooking utensils store. It is used to make flans.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
3831 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yes As has been said This is the china Bit! And I don't think He has it in print yet! Smile

I will have A silver-brass Tranpo Useing it On my New DVD Set! Smile As well as A Stand-up one touch 3 coins across! Smile
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
776 Posts

Ummm Flan is delicious
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
776 Posts

David I look forward to your works on the china bit. It's a wonderful Lassen gaffus!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26068 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
What was the patter that lead up to the turtle?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
3831 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Thanks man! Yea the Gaff comes From Tommy Wonder ( Or maybe ever before) But before Todd started makeing them you could not get them in U.S. Coins! Smile Right now I have around 6 more things That will have to wait for latter! Smile
CardsInTheNude
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of CardsInTheNude
Quote:
On 2012-07-09 21:04, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
What was the patter that lead up to the turtle?

I'd like you to put your finger on top of this cup, so the coin can't escape, the way it's been doing. Now with the other coin, so, so, so (tossing from hand to hand). (After change) And here, where we've done nothing, could you please lift the cup as slowly as possible.. (turtle appears).

That's the gist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Piedrahita, Denzel Washington, Ryan Reynold. One silver, one china. (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.181737 seconds, requiring 84 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [8] [2] [7] [7] [1] [7] [4]