The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » IPredict+ 2.0 (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
We have an AMAZING Valentines week SPECIAL!
Now get iPredict+ for only $2.99 (that's 70% of the regular price)
This is a limited time offer that ends Sun. Feb. 19th 2012

Take advantage of this special offer, and pick up what one reviewer called "The Perfect Trick".

The new version of iPredict+ (2.0.1) was just approved.

If you're an existing owner of iPredict or iPredict+ this is a free download.

Here's what's new in this version:

* Fixed suit order refresh issue
* Fixed video player bug
* Fixed crash when going to psychic's info page on older iOS devices
* Fixed poorly spaced table view in Settings on older iOS versions

We are aware of the iPod Touch issue that has stopped the FaceTime button from blanking the screen.
We already have a solution and will submit that to Apple tonight for approval.

I hope you enjoy the new update.
Greg Rostami
firebrand
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of firebrand
Thanks Greg it's fixed Smile
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Hi Greg, have got the update and the phone now works as advertised, prefixes sorted etc. The problem that I now have is that the text will not function from the page, or, specifically I can send a text but am not receiving any answers from christen via text. Presumably the fact that she receives a text from me means that my number is known to her? Is there a reverse issue with my country code? The prefix change in settings only allows me to input the country code for Christen (ie 001). Will she be aware that my country code is 00971? The phone side of things now appears to be working as advertised after 1 brief trial so am up and running but the text thing is a big selling point with this effect IMHO. Especially for me when the call is being made from overseas to the US. (a text is much cheaper and people are more likely to not object to using their own phone for 1 text).

Best,

Martyn
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Further to my last, got wifey to text on her phone to Christen as well. Alas, no joy here either. Is there a problem with the return of an international text?
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Yes Martyn,

I'm sorry to say international texting does not work at this time. It worked last year, but this year getting international texting to work is gonna cost a lot of money.

Texting does work in Canada. But since you're in the UK, no luck.

I'm currently looking into an international solution that will make iPredict into an international product with ALL the features found in the US.

The new solution will also have some extra perks that I can't talk about yet.

There's no ETA at this time. But I really want to do it.

sorry about the bad news Martyn,
Greg Rostami
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Ah, this is so disappointing. So the recent 'upgrade' left me with the new version not working and then the 'fix' to the upgrade allowed me to resume the original effect again! To be fair, you have solved the phone problem that I was experiencing! Am very interested, then, in the international version just as soon as you can get it working and hope that this is accomplished ASAP! I REALLY, REALLY enjoy this effect and the impact that it has on my audience. You deserve to do well, Greg, with this. If you get the international version up and running with the text plus unknown goodies then I shall be first in the queue and, probably, your biggest advocate/ambassador for promoting this!!!

Best,

Martyn
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Am in the middle east BTW, althoughh English......
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Somebody just posted a little review on the theory11 website that read:

"I did iPredict+ yesterday using the Nadia psychic (numbers), and Abbott and Sanders PowerBall 60.
They only thought of a lottery number between 1 and 60 and Nadia texted them their number. I wish I had videoed the reactions!"

I think this is a great use of the Nadia psychic. I really like the Power Ball 60 system. I've also seen other posts where people use peeking methods to find out which number/card the spectator is thinking of.

I've used the Nadia psychic (predicts numbers between 1-75) to do dice rolls, day of the month, etc.

Keep the ideas coming guys.

Who knows if we like one of your ideas, we will create a preset just for you.

Greg Rostami
mike4dice
View Profile
New user
Randolph, NJ
84 Posts

Profile of mike4dice
Well first I wanted to thank Greg for the 70% discount on iPredict+. What a wonderful gesture to us all!

I have an iPod touch (4th gen, the latest running iOS 5.0.1, also the latest). With that configuration, using Textfree Voice + VM (from pinger.com) I am able to use both the voice and text message features of iPredict+ right on the touch. Really nice!
"Talents are best nurtured in solitude; but character is best formed in the stormy billows of the world." - Goethe
mike4dice
View Profile
New user
Randolph, NJ
84 Posts

Profile of mike4dice
Well first I wanted to thank Greg for the 70% discount on iPredict+. What a wonderful gesture to us all!

I have an iPod touch (4th gen, the latest running iOS 5.0.1, also the latest). With that configuration, using Textfree Voice + VM (from pinger.com) I am able to use both the voice and text message features of iPredict+ right on the touch. Really nice!
"Talents are best nurtured in solitude; but character is best formed in the stormy billows of the world." - Goethe
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
WOW Mike,

I didn't know about that. Thank you so much for sharing that with us. I'm gonna have to check out Textfree Voice + VM from pinger.com

I'm glad you're having fun with iPredict+

all the best,
Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
IPredict+ Tip #1:

Since you can change the psychic's contact . . . try changing them to a famous magician.

I prefer Teller, but you might like Penn, David Copperfield, David Blaine, Cyril, Lu Chen, Dynamo, that other guy, etc.

Keep in mind, with iPredict+ you're TEXT messaging the psychic. Hence the sex of the psychic is unknown (in the previous version the psychic had to be female because of the voice).

This works specially great with Teller, since he doesn't speak.

all the best,
Greg Rostami

Click here to view attached image.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
IPredict+ Tip #2:

We learned in Tip #1 that because of the text message nature of iPredict+, your psychic friend can be ANYONE.

Change Christen's contact to that of one of your friends at a party/social gathering. You could include a photo of your friend in the contact but if you're in a rush, you can leave the photo blank.

"My friend Mary and I have a supernatural connection. Mary, could you please go to the other room. One of us will be texting you a question in a little while."

Your friend Mary goes to the farthest room in the house.

"Here's Mary's contact. On this paper, write any number between 1 and 75, but before you do, your text message is always going to be 'What am I thinking?' I say this so you won't accuse us of using a secret code."

They write 21.

"Will you please text Mary on your phone 'What am I thinking?'".
After about 30 seconds Mary responds with "You're thinking of 21"!!!

When Mary returns to the room she asks, "Was I right?"
I answer "YES, How did you know it was 21?!"

cheers,
Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
IPredict+ Tip #3:

Here's a tip that will help you with the opposite sex.

If you've been doing some magic at a social event, ask the object of your affection (her/him) to help you with the next trick. Let's say her name is Linda.

Before you start, tell Linda to play along. The only thing she has to do is wait for a minute in the other room (or farther away in a big room/club/bar). When she returns she should say "Did you get my text message? Was I right?"

As with the above two tips, change Christen's name to Linda. Tell everyone how you've noticed Linda's amazing psychic powers.

Have Linda leave the room, have a card or number selected. Have someone text Linda. "Please text Linda for me, but promise me to delete her number right away to respect her privacy." ;-)

Once Linda texts the correct response, ask Linda to return to the room.

When she returns she'll say "Did you get my text message? Was I right?"

You respond with a powerful "YES!" and start a round of applause for her.

This will make Linda feel super special, it will include her in your magic and finish your performance with the spotlight on her (and she still won't know how you did it).

For my single friends,
Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
There's a great performance of iPredict for Shin Lim at the theory11 studios in Las Vegas.

Check it out:
http://media.theory11.com/6435-Raw-iPredict-Performance

let me know what you think,
Greg Rostami
jassu
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of jassu
The Old Version,it makes call that you must pay for it. I don't have an Iphone,can I use this trick with Ipod Touch too ?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Yes jassu,

iPredict+ works with your iPod Touch. In fact it's even BETTER when you perform it on your Touch because it forces your spectator to use their own phone.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
jassu
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of jassu
But I live in germany.. Is this wirkungsvoll Herr also?
jassu
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of jassu
But I live in germany.. Is this wirkungsvoll Herr also?
jassu
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of jassu
Is this working here in Germany also ? Sorry for Doublepost,because written wrong !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » IPredict+ 2.0 (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL