The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Doc Eason (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1195 Posts

Profile of James Munton
I just put up my interview with the Doc Eason on the MB Podcast - Doc is a great raconteur and shares some great insights into working magic at the bar.

Hope you all enjoy!

Best,
James
James Munton

www.zerotobookedsolid.com
The Little Book of Quotes... the fantastic new book test that you'll carry everywhere!
Tim Zager
View Profile
Regular user
Kansas City
200 Posts

Profile of Tim Zager
It's a great interview James. Thanks! I have learned a lot from Doc over the years about connecting with your audience. I was pleased to hear him discuss this in the interview. Thanks Doc.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3074 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I had only heard of the "Fan Story". Now I have heard the "Fan Story!

Cheers! Smile

By the way, Doc is my illegitimate twin brother.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Zuke
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of Zuke
I was an attendee at a convention years ago and I was briefly introduced to Doc on the first day along with about a zillion other people. Early in the morning a couple of days later I passed him in the hotel and he greeted me BY NAME. I've never forgotten it. What a genuinely great guy he is, not to mention one heck of a magician and entertainer.
TheMagicOfLuke
View Profile
Regular user
Illinois
200 Posts

Profile of TheMagicOfLuke
His lecture is great, his aniversary waltz (bad spelling) is very well thought out in presentation.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Special user
Colorado, USA
865 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Awesome. Doc is a true pro. Thanks for sharing.
Magically,
John
www.johntsheets.com
Inventor of the "Quantum Bender" line, as well as other professional products.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
19976 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
And Doc will be at SEAM in Atlanta September 13

http://www.facebook.com/events/270221566388328/

I'm looking forward to seeing him again there.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@MagicBySander.com

http://www.magicbysander.com/
kotrozo
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of kotrozo
Hi I'm new here and this is my first post, but a recent experience seemed most appropriate here. I was browsing my local magic shop, the cuckoo's nest in pittsubrgh (awesome shop if you're in the area) and was introduced to a very nice man. he was selecting a doc eason dvd and told my that he had some health issues and that watching doc eason always made him feel better. he then went on to tell me that had sent a note to doc several years ago, explaining this fact. well, guess what... several weeks later, on a random afternoon, he received a phone call from......DOC EASON! just calling to ask this guy how he was feeling and to talk a little magic. then, he called him again on another occasion, just to check up on him. I'm not sure how much better a person could be than to do something like that. it meant the world to this man...remember, doc had never met him! what a class person!!!
helder
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On 2012-03-17 19:46, kotrozo wrote:
Hi I'm new here and this is my first post, but a recent experience seemed most appropriate here. I was browsing my local magic shop, the cuckoo's nest in pittsubrgh (awesome shop if you're in the area) and was introduced to a very nice man. he was selecting a doc eason dvd and told my that he had some health issues and that watching doc eason always made him feel better. he then went on to tell me that had sent a note to doc several years ago, explaining this fact. well, guess what... several weeks later, on a random afternoon, he received a phone call from......DOC EASON! just calling to ask this guy how he was feeling and to talk a little magic. then, he called him again on another occasion, just to check up on him. I'm not sure how much better a person could be than to do something like that. it meant the world to this man...remember, doc had never met him! what a class person!!!

Love his work. One of my favorite magicians.

Thanks for this great story
MickNZ
View Profile
Elite user
Auckland, New Zealand
498 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Very entertaining podcast.
Kyle Elder
View Profile
New user
Fresno, California
89 Posts

Profile of Kyle Elder
I saw Docs Lecture and it was full of great ideas and routines.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4666 Posts

Profile of gdw
I first met Doc in person at the CAM convention a few years back. He actually asked me to help out at the Hospitality Suite doing a set there one night. Quite honoured o be asked something like that. A great experience that was. So was hanging out, however briefly, with JC Wagner, sadly just before he passed. He was doing quite well at that time, but I guess things went down hill shortly after. It was a pleasure to at least meet him that once.
March 22, 2011, our beautiful baby girl, Evelyn, was born.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

Man has evolved, "god" is extinct.

I won't forget you Robert.
MickNZ
View Profile
Elite user
Auckland, New Zealand
498 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Doc Eason on Masters of Illusion :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RACq-Ey1Vwc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Doc Eason (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.198378 seconds, requiring 50 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [0] [1] [6] [4] [9] [4] [3]