The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » David Blaine Stunt Will End Soon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
masterofmindcontrol
View Profile
New user
Manchester
8 Posts

Profile of masterofmindcontrol
Now this may sound like a conspiracy theory or a big style rumor, but I have inside information that David Blaine WILL NOT make the full 44 days of his planned stunt in the box! Its nothing to do with food etc., his people are confident that he can do that, but rather its all the aggravation that's the stunt is causing (good publicity I hear you say) well maybe, but hardly in the spirit Blaine expected and also hardly the events he needs to make his task easy! I'll bet you a pound to a penny that within the next 7 to 10 days the stunt is ended early as I've heard his people are consulting the like of Uri Geller, Top PR agencies and others for advice on damage limitation regarding the publicity that ending the event early will cause. (WATCH this space.) Smile
For the only chance you'll ever have to train in person with World Famous Hypnotist Andrew Newton visit www.newtonhypnotictraining.com
sashain
View Profile
New user
Steve Shain
80 Posts

Profile of sashain
To: Swami, masterofmindcontrol, who knows all, sees all, and tells all.

You're on. Looks to me like just rumors and hype. Besides, I like the odds you’re giving. I don't really think much of the stunt, but unless he gets really sick (which he might), I don't see him voluntarily opting for failure. - Unless of course he plans on doing it again later with even more hoopla. After all, Geraldo Rivera is still out there after the Capone Safe fiasco.

Steve
Steve Shain
Houston, Texas
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Hopefully this will be his last stunt and he will get back to close-up magic.
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Hopefully this will be his last stunt and he will get back to close-up magic.

I have to agree, every stunt he does in my opinion is boring. He stands still in a block of ice, he stands still on a high post, he's laying still in a coffin, and now he's in a glass box which he can stand or sit. (I guess this stunt is easier than the others.) Give me a break, how is it people draw to his stunts. He doesn't do anything except stay still WOW!!!! I'm impressed.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy some of his close-up but he doesn't do anything original. And the way they edit everything in his specials bothers the heck out of me too.

But again I give him some credit he was on television first doing street magic while all the other famous magicians were trying to top each other on there stage illusions. Just imagine if Lance Burton or David Copperfield did a street magic special people would of never heard of David Blaine.
Like I said this is only my opinion.

P.S. He won't end his stunt early because if he does he'll only get 25% of his earnings. But I don't know how reliable the source is though I got it from USA today.
Smile Smile
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Blaine is not a daredevil. He is supposedly pushing human endurance to the extreme. His stunts are all similar, but just because he is standing still doesn't mean they are easy. Can you even sit down in one chair in complete isolation for a few of days? I know I can't.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Give me a million dollars I'll sit down in a chair for 44 days.

1. Like you said his stunts are all similar, that's why they’re boring now.
2. I didn't say there easy stunts either, I said this one is easier, and I was also being sarcastic.
3.Why do you think the majority of people in the United States don’t know about the stunt he's doing now? And the people that know what he's doing aren't impressed. Millions of people in this world go with out eating for weeks and they have no choice.
4. Every time when I'm performing magic, people always say "Do you watch that guy on TV" and I say, “Who, David Blaine?”, and they all say, “Yeah the guy who levitates.” That's the trick he's known for and it was edited so he comes rising off the ground higher. Actually 1/2 of his show the film is edited.

Smile
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
This rumor is true. This morning on Good Day Live they announced that David will be ending the stunt in London early. His crew says that because of the bad publicity and people throwing things at David, it has been a lot of work gone to waste. No official ending date has been given out yet.

Oh well...
Believe In Magic....I do!
da5id
View Profile
Loyal user
Dublin, Ireland
268 Posts

Profile of da5id
Well 10 days have passed since the prediction at the top of this thread and David is still in the box. Should have taken you up on your bet.

Do you have any updated "inside" information?
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
He's getting $8 million if he lasts 44 days do you really think he'll end it before that? $8 million who cares if there's bad publicity!
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Who is PAYING him? I'll sit in a chair for $20!

Ellen Smile
Twisted_Reality
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Twisted_Reality
I think we are looking at this from the wrong perspective. As previsouly stated this is being done to push human endurance to the extreme. This being said, David is also doing this particular stunt for his mother.

And I would rather enjoy seeing anyone here last 44 days with out food and no one to talk to.

This is a difficult stunt, and I credit the man for his ability to stick with it even though he has no moral support what so ever - even from his own kind.
Of course I can float, - can i borrow a jet pack from the audience please?
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Can you imagine working a long time on this publicity stunt, executing it, finally coming down after a long time, and then looking through the papers, and the only magic-related news you can find is about Roy?
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Look at it this way. If he gets out of that box, nobody gonna buy his next book w/ this stunt in it. AND nobody gonna wanna see him do another stunt. AND Chris Angel will RUB IT IN HIS FACE!! He's got a lot to lose by coming out o' there.
Justin R
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of Justin R
So what does everybody think? After this is he going to quit doing stunts or will he still do stunts but only in the U.S. or what
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
I take it Chris Angel doesn't like David Blaine?
Believe In Magic....I do!
eggshell
View Profile
Regular user
Chorley, England
146 Posts

Profile of eggshell
I agree with the posts that say this is boring and as for a "feat of endureance " , come on !!! If David Blaine went and won the New York Marathon or scaled Everest in the fastest time ever, that would be a feat, not this nonsense. This particular stunt hasn't taken years of training , months of strenuous effort or anything like that. It has taken a little bit of planning and organising and that is it. And anyone here probably could and would do it for the money involved.

One other thing , I object to the idea that he is in isolation, he isn't , he's got a nice view , can see and hear people and even the morons attacking him must add some kind of interest and adrenalin to the day.

Interesting to see in some of the posts that Uri Geller is one of his friends, that really says it all for me as far as how real this feat is.
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Special user
540 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
Perhaps Blaine will get back to magic one of these days.

I liked him better when he was more "magician" and less "stuntman".
bizarrewreck
View Profile
New user
Fort Collins, CO
51 Posts

Profile of bizarrewreck
David has always been one for shock value. Wouldn't be surprised if this "giving up" rumour is something that he's planned, and will somehow come about with a shocking twist.

Everything he's done lately ("ripping" his heart out, "cutting" his ear off), has given him huge media attention. I doubt he would let those little items outshine this stunt. If he didn't have plans to do something with some strong shock value before setting this stunt up, I bet him and his consultants are working on one now.
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Do you guys think he's really going without food?
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
I don't see why not. The publicity crew seems to have gone out of its way to explain how it's perfectly possible (although not necessarily safe or sensible).

I'm certainly prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, I'm just not that interested in watching him do it.

On the other hand, Jerry Sadowitz has some interesting speculations:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/features/......,00.html

Cheers,

Cy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » David Blaine Stunt Will End Soon (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL