The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Deception delux by JB magic and Bob Swadling (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
1281 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2014, Fire Starter wrote:
I spent a £1 coin and a 2p one and it set me back £65.00 to replace both,oh no never again they are kept seperate now,lol.

I know, you think that you'll never make such a silly mistake and then you meet some friends for an evening. Do some tricks, hava a few drinks and a lot of laughs, then you get home and your heart sinks. Go into panic mode and tear thru all your pockets and the seats of your car, and then wish you could just go back in time a few hours.
Sometimes it's not just the monetary loss, but a cool custom gaff could take months to replace.
So there's a definite advantage to using only gaffed Morgans, Walkers, or Foreign coins.

Been there.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
2788 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2014, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2014, Fire Starter wrote:
I spent a £1 coin and a 2p one and it set me back £65.00 to replace both,oh no never again they are kept seperate now,lol.

I know, you think that you'll never make such a silly mistake and then you meet some friends for an evening. Do some tricks, hava a few drinks and a lot of laughs, then you get home and your heart sinks. Go into panic mode and tear thru all your pockets and the seats of your car, and then wish you could just go back in time a few hours.
Sometimes it's not just the monetary loss, but a cool custom gaff could take months to replace.
So there's a definite advantage to using only gaffed Morgans, Walkers, or Foreign coins.

Been there.

Do some tricks, hava a few drinks and a lot of laughs, then you get home and your heart sinks. Go into panic mode and tear thru all your pockets and the seats of your car, and then wish you could just go back in time a few hours.

Very too true a word there, I even phoned the chinese shop up and ask them to look in there till,as I am sure that was where I spent all my last change,trying to explain why and how much £1.10p ment to me was crazy awefull weekend all round ,still the wife was a diamond saw I was upset and replaced them for me.
magicmarkworldwide2
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of magicmarkworldwide2
HA HA...

These horror stories ring so true to me as well...

I think I've lost about 4 special coins over the years. Again, all on nights out where I've had to dump the coins quick in my pocket to make a switch... Then I get home, tip my wallet upside down and go through every single coin in there praying the special one is still in there.....

Yep, deffo getting the American version. 100 percent.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
4122 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I have only lost one gaffed coin over the years - a TUC quarter. ANd I'm pretty sure that it's still around here somewhere...

Jim
ross welford
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
1240 Posts

Profile of ross welford
I used to love doing Coin Unique, but after spending my third set by mistake, I quit. Just too expensive. This, however, looks wonderful. And presumably, you couldn't spend the gimmicks accidentally, because they'll be stuck together in your pocket, no?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
2934 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2014, ross welford wrote:
I used to love doing Coin Unique, but after spending my third set by mistake, I quit. Just too expensive. This, however, looks wonderful. And presumably, you couldn't spend the gimmicks accidentally, because they'll be stuck together in your pocket, no?

Yes, they do stick together.

Would still keep them separate though.
I'm considering retiring from the Magic Café when I reach 3,000 posts.
rowland
View Profile
Special user
740 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2014, AutarchicFlux wrote:
I absolutely ADORE the look of this effect. I received mine in the mail today and I've been messing around with it for a few hours.

As of right now, the tension on my flipper is so strong that when opened and set down, the coin is snapping closed or tenting up dramatically instead of laying flat. I'll work the thread in a bit (and replace it, in a worst case scenario) and report back!

If you have the deluxe version there is a very easy permanent fix for this problem that Mark showed me to get the coins to lay flat something which was difficult with the origanal set . I thought it was on the dvd. I don't want to say to much on here so send me a message if you are interested
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2014, rowland wrote:
Quote:
I absolutely ADORE the look of this effect. I received mine in the mail today and I've been messing around with it for a few hours.

As of right now, the tension on my flipper is so strong that when opened and set down, the coin is snapping closed or tenting up dramatically instead of laying flat. I'll work the thread in a bit (and replace it, in a worst case scenario) and report back!

If you have the deluxe version there is a very easy permanent fix for this problem that Mark showed me to get the coins to lay flat something which was difficult with the origanal set . I thought it was on the dvd. I don't want to say to much on here so send me a message if you are interested

I have the same issue, trying to work it in so that they will work properly. Do you mind if I PM you for the fix as well?

Robert
Follow me on Twitter @RobertSixx as I start to post random thoughts on Magic, etc... Facebook -- Robert Sixx
rowland
View Profile
Special user
740 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2014, Robert Sixx wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2014, rowland wrote:
Quote:

I have the same issue, trying to work it in so that they will work properly. Do you mind if I PM you for the fix as well?

Robert

No problem
Phoenicis
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Phoenicis
I bought the £2 version recently and love the effect. I wouldn't be confident in handing out the principal coin for inspection as the c** across the face is quite obvious. Is this normal or could mine be defective?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Deception delux by JB magic and Bob Swadling (2 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.152613 seconds, requiring 32 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [6] [6] [3] [6] [5] [0] [5] [8]