The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silverware Swindle by Gregory Wilson (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
lux
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of lux
I have enjoyed Gregory Wilson performing the Silveware Swindle. I really love this effect.

Is this effect already available?

Regards
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I see online that it's part of his current lecture. I too would love to know more, especially when the notes will be available since he may not come around here
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Any news on this?

I did a quick google search and this was the only page I found with any info.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Can anyone say what the effect is ?
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I have seen it in lecture. It requires a gimmick that I believe he is planning to release but has not released yet
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Is this the ring stretching gimmick?
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I have seen it in lecture. It requires a gimmick that I believe he is planning to release but has not released yet
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
I saw Greg's lecture at IMX this year.

The ring stretcher is called Bandwidth, this is insanely great and unbelievably visual. Greg said he was working on a new version of the gimmick prior to release.

The Silveware Swindle is asking people to guess which is a knife, fork, or spoon hidden in your hands. This is very clever, and also requires a gimmick, but I do not know if Greg was going to release that one.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
He sells a few of the ring stretchers at his lecture but they are hand made and he is charging 40 bucks. He says he is trying to have it made commercially so that it works with gold and silver rings. I think you are much more likely to get a gold wedding band when you borrow a ring
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
In the penguin lecture Greg mentioned that it the silverware swindle wouldn't be released this year. I think my memory serves me correctly. It's monte for the dining table.
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
A reliable source has told me Greg will release both Silverware Swindle and his Rubik's Cube routine... sometime in the future.
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
I was really annoyed that the Silverware Swindle isn't available. Why put it in a lecture if it's not even a usable principle for anything else? Dead gummit!
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I believe Greg is ut of the U.S. on a lecture tour and featuring these products. Hopefully they'll be available in the U.S. soon.
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Oh, so he's selling the gimmick(s) on his lectures?
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-10-19 14:59, Lundonia wrote:

I saw a video demo of his upcoming Israel lecture where he was showing the cube, but I'm not sure what he's actually offering. Anyone know Greg that can write him?
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Think Dynamo did this on his first season.
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Quote:
On 2012-10-19 14:59, Lundonia wrote:

He said this was not in production. Looks like a challenging item to make. Maybe he needs some encouragement?
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Quote:
He said this was not in production. Looks like a challenging item to make. Maybe he needs some encouragement?

Yeah, I really hope this will be available soon. I would pay a pretty penny for it too... Probably would have to as they don't seem cheap to manufacture. Smile

The thing is that this would be so extremely great for table hopping. It would play really well for larger tables because it's so visual. Sometimes I get the feeling that the impact of a "regular" effect is, to some degree, lost on people on the other end of the table. A card to wallet for example - it's a completely different thing to pull the actual card out of the wallet or sitting next to to person doing it than being three feet away. Don't get me wrong, it's impressive to them too, just not the "umpf! gutshot!"-feeling.

The Silverware Swindle would play equally big for the whole table AND really hit them ALL between the eyes! It's that good!

*** you Gregory for having it in your lecture! Why? WHY?!?!
www.jensmagi.se
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Anymore updates on when SILVERWARE SWINDLE will be released???
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
MagicZathuro
View Profile
New user
Germany
43 Posts

Profile of MagicZathuro
Greg told in his lecture in May, that it'll be available by the end of the year.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silverware Swindle by Gregory Wilson (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL