The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..45~46~47~48~49..55..60..65..70..75..77~78~79 [Next]
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 14:41, sirbrad wrote:
I said from the beginning I did not doubt that the "product" or material would be good

Yep, in the very beginning, you did say that. And then you wrote all the things I quoted above. That's my point.

Quote:
I also hinted that maybe I was having a bit of fun provoking discussion and perhaps using an alter ego to do so. You don't how I really felt about it, no one did except me.

Right.

I don't for one second buy this "I never meant it" line. Maybe someone else will. But, you know, even if it were true...there's a well-known word for someone who posts statements he doesn't even believe just to stir people up. It starts with a "T" and ends with "ROLL." If you're comfortable admitting that's what you've been doing in this thread, great. But you might want to apologize for that, too, while you're in this contrite, conciliatory mood. I know it won't last.

Quote:
So you can quote me all you like

You say that like it's a bad thing. If you dislike being quoted, don't say things you won't want to be reminded of later. Smile

Quote:
It is easy to quote out of context, most of those responses were the result of personal attacks, many by you.

Like I said, your posts are still here for anyone to see. I'm very, very comfortable having others judge whether or not I've represented them unfairly.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Brad- I think it's OK for you to post your feelings about this project. Somebody has to raise legitimate questions. I'm not happy with everything they do, but you can't join the shriners and then tell them that you don't like riding around in little cars!
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 03:17, sirbrad wrote:
I have a right to my opinion and I stand by it.

Quote:
I also hinted that maybe I was having a bit of fun provoking discussion and perhaps using an alter ego to do so. You don't know how I really felt about it, no one did except me.

Can't have it both ways. I'm just sayin'.

And which sirbrad did that apology come from? The one who stands by what he says? Or his alter ego, whose mysterious and inscrutable motives are far beyond our meager understanding? We may never know. Smile
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Yes, your mere mortal mind may never understand the complexity of my posts. I can have it any way I want it. You are the one wanting it both ways as I said before in response to your attacks. If RS is a success you and a few others want to be able to say you "knew it would be", and if it fails you will say you "had your doubts" or was "skeptical" about it all to begin with. Magician's choice? Maybe I meant what I said and changed my mind later, or maybe I was having fun responding to the REAL T**L*S who kept attacking me? Some "secrets" should never be told. Maybe for $12 a month, or better yet a 2 year recurring payment I will reveal that. But I am not saying that your application will be approved. So maybe you should just French drop it and move on like us other adults have.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
"From here on I will ignore any trolls..."

AND he's a comedian. If anyone has trolled this thread....

Nevermind...it's all moot at this point. But at least he's back with a full load of ...steam.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 15:49, sirbrad wrote:
Yes, your mere mortal mind may never understand the complexity of my posts. I can have it any way I want it. You are the one wanting it both ways as I said before in response to your attacks. If RS is a success you and a few others want to be able to say you "knew it would be", and if it fails you will say you "had your doubts" or was "skeptical" about it all to begin with. Magician's choice? Maybe I meant what I said and changed my mind later, or maybe I was having fun responding to the REAL T**L*S who kept attacking me? Some "secrets" should never be told. Maybe for $12 a month, or better yet a 2 year recurring payment I will reveal that. But I am not saying that your application will be approved. So maybe you should just French drop it and move on like us other adults have.

There he is! The real sirbrad stands up. I knew it wouldn't be long.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Sirbrad,
I appreciate your opinion and I think your apology was sincere. I like how you spice things up here but I do want to mention I have never PM'ed anyone about you. This talk of a secret "group" does not include me.

Anyway, YIIPPPEEEE!!!!!!!
James
ps
I wonder if the website will open on the First?

Quote:
Actually Frenchdrop, as I said I don't care who accepts my apology or believes it, I am not wasting my time bickering about it anymore or other trivial things. I said from the beginning I did not doubt that the "product" or material would be good, and I questioned the business tactics. I also hinted that maybe I was having a bit of fun provoking discussion and perhaps using an alter ego to do so. You don't know how I really felt about it, no one did except me. My last post pretty much says how I feel about it, I am not really against it or for it, more so in the middle and leaning towards for it. If not for the few problems that it presented for me I would be 100% for it.

So you can quote me all you like, not believe my apology, and carry that all with you all day and night if you want. It is easy to quote out of context, most of those responses were the result of personal attacks, many by you which you conveniently left out. My focus was on RS from the start, and a lot of stuff said in jest. I feel honored that you and your "group" talk about me via pm's as well, I guess I did my job well. Probably in an effort to keep provoking me for your own entertainment which no longer will work. I got a lot of "pm's" also asking me to come back. I am over it all, and if you want to stay in attack mode I will just ignore you. But that is the truth as far as my current opinion on RS goes. It sounds cool but due to the few problems I have with it I was not enticed to order because of them, period.

So believe or don't believe what you want. Unlike you, others change, forgive and forget. You lied about "missing" me too I guess? Or were you being sarcastic? Welcome to the forums. I meant what I said in my returning post, and most would not bother coming back to a thread anyway which is about "nothing", and posting those things if they didn't mean them. Especially if they have not ordered still. You simply want to keep an argument about nothing going so you have something to do and talk about with your groupies. So I am done explaining myself. This is about RS not you being entertained until April. Have a good one. (I'll let you decide if that was sincere.)
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 18:58, Xiqual wrote
I wonder if the website will open on the First?

I'm expecting it to- it really SHOULD have opened earlier, especially since this has been in the works for some time. Please show us a product or two, Real Secrets!

And still no welcoming eMail from RS for me. Actually, I did get a welcoming eMail on the day that I signed up and paid, but no further messages confirming my address.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Perhaps confirming addresses means that they are confirming only the ones needing confirmation? Not necessarily a blanket re-check of everyone. I'd assume.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I'm one of the ones that got an email confirming my address
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 19:33, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
Perhaps confirming addresses means that they are confirming only the ones needing confirmation? Not necessarily a blanket re-check of everyone. I'd assume.

Could be- but they did make some kind of comment stating that they would be contacting all members with their actual membership number before the week was up. And that they would be notifying those whose memberships were denied.....
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 19:27, BatsMagic wrote:

I'm expecting it to- it really SHOULD have opened earlier, especially since this has been in the works for some time. Please show us a product or two, Real Secrets!

And still no welcoming eMail from RS for me. Actually, I did get a welcoming eMail on the day that I signed up and paid, but no further messages confirming my address.

I actually got a "Thank You" via email for paying my Property Tax (as if I had any choice) if that is any consolation to anyone. Hey....just trying to give a positive spin on this albeit I'm not in and I hope it works out great for everyone involved. Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 18:58, Xiqual wrote:
Sirbrad,
I appreciate your opinion and I think your apology was sincere. I like how you spice things up here but I do want to mention I have never PM'ed anyone about you. This talk of a secret "group" does not include me.

There is, of course, no secret group of old men plotting against Brad by dark of night. There's no black helicopter and no secret meetings. It doesn't take a covert organization to be annoyed by the content and tone of Brad's posts. Smile
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Sure. See you at the next meeting, eh? Smile
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
I have just received an email from Microsoft inviting me to become part of a consumer test group and download a pre-release version of Windows 8. Think of all the surprises I might find on my computer if I join their club. I mean group.
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Well, Bill, I use a Mac, but let us know how it works out if you give it a try! (said in my best sarcastic voice) And still no word from the RS gang, either positive or negative.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 20:05, billmarq wrote:
I have just received an email from Microsoft inviting me to become part of a consumer test group and download a pre-release version of Windows 8. Think of all the surprises I might find on my computer if I join their club. I mean group.

Skip 8, it just adds the Tablet interface, and it will be Buggy. Wait for 9 or whatever they call it next.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
I received a confirmation email from RS, but it went to my junkmail and I deleted it before I realized it. So I sent them an email explaining that, and asked them to resend the confirmation email, and they did. Perhaps some of you that haven't gotten it yet might check your junk mail and see if it is there? I can't wait to see what the first shipment has!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Shhhh...
James

Quote:
On 2012-03-27 19:51, tomsk192 wrote:
Sure. See you at the next meeting, eh? Smile
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 23:11, jkvand wrote:
I received a confirmation email from RS, but it went to my junkmail and I deleted it before I realized it. So I sent them an email explaining that, and asked them to resend the confirmation email, and they did. Perhaps some of you that haven't gotten it yet might check your junk mail and see if it is there? I can't wait to see what the first shipment has!

Don't have a "junk mail" as far as I know. If I do, I don't know how to access it. I did get 2 previous eMails from them with no problem. Now I am somewhat concerned, considering this message from jkvand. I'll send RS an eMail!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..45~46~47~48~49..55..60..65..70..75..77~78~79 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL