The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..19..33..47..61..75..77~78~79 [Next]
Eric Gretencord
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
170 Posts

Profile of Eric Gretencord
Quote:
On 2012-02-19 16:16, JCheng wrote:
Can anybody give the link to the video please?
Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla......A#t=350s
He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.
-M. C. Escher
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Jeff Hobson started his online Lecture Network and after much fanfare....it shutdown, burning its members. But, we knew who ran it.

Michael Close started his "For Workers Only" site, but after it failed to meet it's promises to members, it shutdown. But, we knew who ran it.

Now we have these Real Secrets guys wanting us to join for a big fee, but...they are anonymous, cloaked in secrecy, telling us we don't need to know who they are, because it's all about artists and creators. If it folds down and members get burned, who is held responsible? All the "big names" they mentioned won't man up. They'll just say "I only submitted tricks to them".

They say "The first issue will ship out the beginning of April". What exactly is an "issue"? What's in it? They won't say. How do they define the beginning of April for the first shipment? April 1st? 7th? The 14th?

This may be the greatest event/idea magic has ever known. But considering how they have represented themselves, I'd say it's going, in a short time, be a big failure.

I'l stick with The Magic Café, Genii, Magic and Reel Magic.
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
Quote:
On 2012-02-19 16:25, Eric Gretencord wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-19 16:16, JCheng wrote:
Can anybody give the link to the video please?
Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla......A#t=350s

Thanks Eric
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
I thought I was going out on a limb here as the first one to post with doubts. Thanks, guys, for chiming in with your perspectives!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Tim Trono has worked with some of the biggest names in magic, developing and bringing out magic we all use. Michael Webber is an actual genius. All the names mentioned are well respected.

My issue is with the original poster and how this was presented. If you prepare a perfect filet mignon, in a 5 star restaurant, but serve it on a dirty paper plate, the customer will be turned off and not accept it.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
If your going to ask people to pay over $100 dollars for something then you have an obligation to provide far more information than So far has been given. Too many secrets.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I think this is the key point. Micheal Weber rarely releases material. He would not tarnish his rep with something that was not solid.
I wonder how hard it is to cancel? They say "recurring" these things can be a nightmare.
James
ps
I have this DVD of a Japanese TV show with Weber doing a hammered nail matrix. The nails are in the board, then he magically moves them around.
eyepopping!

Quote:
On 2012-02-19 16:13, Mercury52 wrote:
Normally I'd be very wary about something like this. But the fact that Weber is involved makes me a bit more interested. Whether or not he's actually the one behind the project, I don't know. But just the fact that he's willing to let this outfit release his material must mean that he thinks they're on the up and up. I don't think he would release material through anyone that he didn't find to be trustworthy.

Still on the fence...

Kevin
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
The website has "NO" contact information, "No" address, "No" phone number, "No"names but there "IS" a link to send your money.
Ummmmmm I'm signing up!! Smile
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Mr. Marko
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Mr. Marko
I'm signing up, too-- to Reel Magic Magazine.
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
I just showed the ad to a close friend who knows a little about marketing. He agrees that this whole thing should be avoided. regardless of who may or not be part of this project, having no name, address, or contact info is extremely bad business practices. There is no protection in place for customers, and they should be offering a money back guarantee. If there are big reputal names on this project, why such an unethical and immoral way to sell a product? No one goes into such secrecy unless there is something to hide. In this case people are hiding, and in this industry we know that there are several dishonest, immoral, unethical liars and thiefs. The surprising thing is, they once were reputable names in our industry.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I've been ripped on site and I know who they are....
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Not withstanding the screams of the terrified, I cannot imagine Steve Brooks joining up AND touting this without knowing the people involved, being shown the stuff already on the shelf,and having trust in the people's ability to pull this off.

I'd drop $150 on this...I've dropped more on highly touted unworkable carp from other people I've heard of...but none of those names were Brooks, Maven or Weber.

Tho...it is probably time to fess up to the other info such as names of the founders and publishers. This thing could be REALLY exciting and could call out some high end work...private, limited, no revealing...sounds real good to me.

It may well not be something they want hoards of people joining. There well be some altruistic things going on.

Then again, I could be wrong.

But, in the meantime, I'm in. It's worth the risk of a 3-month subscripton at the least.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I see where you can sign up and pay via PayPal, though it says there that you agree with the Terms - which are nebulous at best. Also, no privacy policy that I can find. I think I will beg out of this one.

Thank you.

Jim
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
My understanding is that one of the names associated with Real Secrets is going to make a statement regarding the major concerns of people...in the meantime, hang in there!

Regards,
Mike
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
I took the chance the other day and paid a full year membership, because I like the idea of getting a magic surprise each month. However, after reading many of the concerns posted here, I'm having second thoughts, and I emailed Real Secrets to ask them for a refund. I'll let you all know how that goes.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
[quote]On 2012-02-20 06:24, Xiqual wrote:
I wonder how hard it is to cancel? They say "recurring" these things can be a nightmare.
James
[quote]
With Paypal, it's as easy as pushing a button on their website.
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Saw Mr Weber at blackpool convention this weekend and he was selling subscriptions to this on his stand. For me, that is enough proof it is legit.

Moreover, he was really excited about this, and the things they were going to release.

Good day gentlemen,

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Nice to see a rabbling mob trash this with no evidence of anything. Assumptions of intent flying like snarky arrows. Assumptions of the very worst instead of assumptions of the very best. Perhaps, if everyone who objects does NOT join in, the actual members would be better off? So far there are....oops, as a member, I cannot comment on content.

However: $12 a month for exclusive hot stuff....cheaper than ANY eBook out there.

Relax. If you don't like the setup, DON'T join, and it doesn't concern you. If you do like it, join up.

...and I'd bet refund request will be handled promptly. Think about it...why would anyone give anyone a hassle on refunds this early in the game?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Some people will join because of the creators behind it ( I wanted to ). In about two months they should receive their first 'miracle'. Maybe we'll get a review.

But..the "REAL SECRETS TEAM" says in their first and only Café post "Certainly you can discuss whether you like or hate Real Secrets with others around you but you simply have to agree to the rules of the game to be and continue to be a member".

So...will they just come here and say the first trick they received is the greatest trick they have ever seen...but...they can't discuss it. Just take their word for it and join right away.

I'd be very suspect of reviews that come in as online forums already have the friends of creators giving glowing reviews. There is talk that companies and creators pay people to give glowing reviews. The online world of magic is like a Twilight Zone episode where you don't know who to trust.

Do do do do, do do do do......
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Quote:
So...will they just come here and say the first trick they received is the greatest trick they have ever seen...but...they can't discuss it. Just take their word for it and join right away.

If the stuff is good, members will NOT want others to join. Exclusive is exclusive, and silence is the lock.

And apparently the creators are demanding secrecy. How is this bad?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Real Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..19..33..47..61..75..77~78~79 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL