The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Drift by Thomas sine (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
179 Posts

Profile of sevenup
I thought I knew how this was done until I seen that last demo with the can going all the way down horizontal. That was a much better demo and I didn't see any palming off of anthing. I thought it had to be a can with a straight bottom edge on it but this can has the typical irregular shaped bottom edge on it so the can couldn't be pivoting on a single point as with the card. The only question is: all the demos don't let you hear the real sounds in the room. Is there any unusual sounds while performing or can this be done completely silently without any aural tells. The last demo clearly showed how clean this can look just wondering about the sounds. Very well done.
Pick a card, any card at all. Just don't pick a RED spade.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2012-02-22 15:07, surryhills wrote:
@Ray: True! I´m not going to do the mistake again and preorder it. Or am I...Smile

Quote:
On 2012-02-22 15:31, Zombie Magic wrote:
I've already taken my leap of faith for the year, so I'll have to wait for reviews.

Even if I wished to make a leap of faith, I couldn't find any info on the site for price. All I found was an "Available soon" notation. Does anyone know what the price of this will be? And, when available?

Thanks for the info.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Quote:
On 2012-02-26 12:36, sevenup wrote:
I thought I knew how this was done until I seen that last demo with the can going all the way down horizontal. That was a much better demo and I didn't see any palming off of anthing. I thought it had to be a can with a straight bottom edge on it but this can has the typical irregular shaped bottom edge on it so the can couldn't be pivoting on a single point as with the card. The only question is: all the demos don't let you hear the real sounds in the room. Is there any unusual sounds while performing or can this be done completely silently without any aural tells. The last demo clearly showed how clean this can look just wondering about the sounds. Very well done.

Dear sevenup,

The only sound you can hear while perform Drift is your spectators uhhhhhzzz and ahhhzzz! Smile

Quote:
On 2012-02-26 12:57, Turk wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-22 15:07, surryhills wrote:
@Ray: True! I´m not going to do the mistake again and preorder it. Or am I...Smile

Quote:
On 2012-02-22 15:31, Zombie Magic wrote:
I've already taken my leap of faith for the year, so I'll have to wait for reviews.

Even if I wished to make a leap of faith, I couldn't find any info on the site for price. All I found was an "Available soon" notation. Does anyone know what the price of this will be? And, when available?

Thanks for the info.

The price will be between 25-35 USD. Release will be in March.

Kind Regards,
Martin
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Well done !very nice with beer can ,spooky and mysterious.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
The price will be between 25-35 USD. Release will be in March.

Kind Regards,
Martin

I will bet $35
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
I would say 29,95
;)
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
At First,when you went to site and scrolled down the page,there was a picture saying coming,and the price was $24.95!
Now,Drift is gone from the bottom of site page...
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Am I the only one that doesn't think this looks magical? It just looks very "Meh" to me. I see the reactions being nothing more than "...that's it?....alright, that's neat I guess....."
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
Could be good fun with a PK block. Have some sort of digital stopwatch, then time how long it takes for the block to suddenly topple. Offer to repeat it but this 'slow down time' (as previously suggested) but have the clock somehow count slower as well, in time with the slower movement of the block.

If you could stand the block up straight then make it fall (using PK) BUT fall slowly using the Drift gimmick, that would guarantee an order from me.
sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
179 Posts

Profile of sevenup
Quote:
On 2012-02-26 12:36, sevenup wrote:

I take that back, there is still just one pivot point so my original idea how this works is still valid. Very clever none the less.
Pick a card, any card at all. Just don't pick a RED spade.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I first had a idea of a bizarre routine!
After seeing vids , I now see it as something that could lend itself to a "Do As I Do".
Or,Bar magic.
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Andrew Csirmaz
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Andrew Csirmaz
We have good news!

We would like to officially announce the release date of Drift. You will be able to buy your copy of Drift on the 21th of March.
However, we now start a preorder period, to make you able to secure your copy. We do this, because the first batch will only contain 300 units, and after that is gone, we have to wait 2-3 weeks, to restock on the necessary items. After the second batch, we will be able to sell the product without any delay.

Thank you!
Andrew
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
And since I have nothing better to do at 4:46am, I just put in my order for this... Wonder if I got the first order in? .... I think it looks GREAT!!!

-J-
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Andrew Csirmaz
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-02-29 06:47, Judah Vee wrote:
And since I have nothing better to do at 4:46am, I just put in my order for this... Wonder if I got the first order in? .... I think it looks GREAT!!!

-J-

You Sir, indeed are the first to order Drift! Thank you!

Cheers!
Andrew
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
see?
;)

just ordered!
:)
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well, I was just going to order, but shipping is $10.00! I can't believe that. I get packages shipped that weigh over 5 pounds for $10.00 and make it my house in 2-3days. Why so much for shipping? Is this package that heavy???? Can you please comment Andrew?

Thanks,
RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Andrew Csirmaz
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-02-29 08:12, RNK wrote:
Well, I was just going to order, but shipping is $10.00! I can't believe that. I get packages shipped that weigh over 5 pounds for $10.00 and make it my house in 2-3days. Why so much for shipping? Is this package that heavy???? Can you please comment Andrew?

Thanks,
RNK

Dear RNK!

Priority shipping costs are on this level from Europe. We experienced fast and reliable shipping with the Rasmus Haunted Deck, so we and hopefully our customers as well, are satisfied with that. I personally envy you for those rates, because I order often from Europe, and pay more than 10$ for shipping. My last order was 2 DVD-s and shipping was ca.20$. Compared to that, 10$ is good, I belive Smile

Cheers!
Andrew
surryhills
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
149 Posts

Profile of surryhills
10$ isn't expensive for shipping.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Forgot this was coming from Europe. Thanks for clarifying Andrew. $10.00 is not expensive to ship overseas. Now if this was shipping International then $10.00 would be expensive for a small package.

Best,
RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
smarke
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of smarke
I'm really pleased with the products from Mystique Factory,so ordered Drift today.

Barry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Drift by Thomas sine (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL