The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Martin Breese R.I.P. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1442 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Martin Breese magic dealer & publisher who had been suffering from leukemia died in hospital at Brighton England early today. I will post further news when I receive it.

R.I.P.

Tony Curtis
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5756 Posts

Profile of motown
That's very sad to here. My thoughts go out to his family.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
sketchomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
217 Posts

Profile of sketchomagic
=[
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Tony thanks for letting us know. Martin is a giant in our community. Spiritual thoughts to his family.
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
781 Posts

Profile of andykean
Rip Martin
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1257 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Thanks for passing along the tough news, Tony.

In case some of the younger folks don't know, Martin Breese has been a significant magic dealer/publisher for many years. I have several items he marketed exclusively over the last roughly forty years. He provided a lot of interesting fun for a lot of us magic addicts! Rest in peace, Martin.
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Long live Lowell and Richie!
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
827 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
The Late and Great.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
968 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
That is really sad news, I was only reading his newsletters just the other day. I used to go along to his studio in London on a regular basis, all the greats used to go there and chill out, some even 'demmed' for him on a regular basis. Martin was really the first UK dealer to bring over to the UK all the great new close-up magic coming out of the states, it was always my first port of call when in London back then. I still have many of his newsletters from back then, this was the time when the likes of Paul Harris, Daryl, Ammar etc were creating and changing the face of close-up magic, it was Martin who at the time was bringing all this amazing magic to the UK!

I knew Martin was ill but from reading his newsletters he always came across so positive so this has come as quite a shock.

R.I.P. Martin, you will be sadly missed :-(

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
6014 Posts

Profile of pegasus
=(
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
I am very shocked about these news!
I often talked with Martin about Al Koran, Martin was an extremely kind fellow and true gentleman.
I knew he was ill, but he always kept high spririts.

I will miss him a lot!
My best wishes for your journey Martin!
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Martin had been fighting Leukemia for the past 14 months. At one stage I really thought he had it beat. But, now the fight is over. My heart goes out to his wife, Pang, and to his family.

Peter Duffie
Alternative Magic: www.peterduffie.com
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
283 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Sad news indeed. He was an exceptional dealer and will be missed. Thoughts with his family.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
searching for the Magic Rainbow in
1500 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Sad news. May he rest in peace.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag
Hong Kong made a page in FISM history in 2015, 2nd runner up in Parlour (Henry Harrius) & Card (Kelvin Chow)
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
814 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Very sad news. rest in peace martin
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1558 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I knew very little in comparison to others but he was a very generous man who seemed to put his heart and soul into what he done. Very sad news indeed.

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1442 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
As Gary Jones has already stated Martin Breese was a pioneer in bringing American magic to England long before the advent of the internet. His contribution to magic through publishing will also remain with us forever.

Tony Curtis
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
I work at the hospital where Martin was being treated. I visited him and, although being fairly new to the ward, he had already picked up a reputation for performing magic for other patients and staff.

I showed him one of my own effects and we talked about magic. Even when ill, it was clear that his love for magic was strong and enthused others.

He will be greatly missed.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16789 Posts

Profile of joseph
Rest in peace Martin...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6847 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Very sad news indeed. RIP.
Two tricks for one low price! "Production Value" available now. http://cameronfrancismagic.com/production-value.html
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
1883 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I had great respect for Martin. Not only was he a great magic dealer but also a fine publisher as well as someone who assisted so many authors.

A sad loss.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Martin Breese R.I.P. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL